Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2010 12:51:04 AM EDT
I walk to work, about 4 miles a day (there and back). Earlier in the year I had loads of problems with compacted snow and ice, even with heavy cleated walking boots.

In preparation for the next bout of shite winter weather I'm thinking about getting some of these. Just wondering if anybody had tried them, or similar, and had any opinions as to their effectiveness?

Cheers

Dan
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 1:48:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Hey Dan

I just slip the diff lock on the Defender & that gets me through the icy bits

Hope you are well !

R
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:04:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I walk to work, about 4 miles a day (there and back). Earlier in the year I had loads of problems with compacted snow and ice, even with heavy cleated walking boots.

In preparation for the next bout of shite winter weather I'm thinking about getting some of these. Just wondering if anybody had tried them, or similar, and had any opinions as to their effectiveness?

Cheers

Dan

I reckon Toemag would be the man to ask about coping with snow and ice.

Bound to have a valuable insight considering his location.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:06:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Cheers for that. I actually choose to walk, it's my bit of exercise. If I wanted to drive I'd just turn on the traction control on my 3 series.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:19:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I have plenty of experience with those. They work very well. Obviously with any product like those, you should limit and be careful on any time you are walking on pavement with them. If you're stepping on pavement, just make sure you're not sliding your feet.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:29:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for that, think I will order myself a pair.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top