Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 1/14/2006 4:42:03 AM EDT
I'll be heading out of NY in about 3-4 weeks, and had 2 questions.

1. I know that my FL CCW is honered by CO, but what are the laws pretaining to the purchase of one when I'm out there. I want a 1911, and figured I'll celebrate my newfound freedom when I get out there. Hopefully I can.

2. What is the story with BLM land. Are you allowed to shoot on it? Say if I bought some property adjoining BLM land?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:57:47 AM EDT
must be resident with valid CO DL. to purchase any handguns. long guns are no problem
only ones i know of thn can purchase handguns are military personal with papers (can not remember which ones) but they are one of the few exceptions
you from upstste or the metro area
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:04:38 AM EDT

Originally Posted By jim:
must be resident with valid CO DL. to purchase any handguns. long guns are no problem
only ones i know of thn can purchase handguns are military personal with papers (can not remember which ones) but they are one of the few exceptions
you from upstste or the metro area

Neither, I live on Long Island
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:54:15 AM EDT
BLM is public property. There are a few exceptions (campgrounds, roads, dams etc) but otherwise, yes, you can shoot there.

SRM
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:16:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SRM:
BLM is public property. There are a few exceptions (campgrounds, roads, dams etc) but otherwise, yes, you can shoot there.

SRM

I own 40 acres next to BLM land and often run into others who are shooting. I hate to be a bitch about it but if you shoot on public land pick up your frickin brass!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:10:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By firehawk-356:

Originally Posted By SRM:

SRM

I own 40 acres next to BLM land and often run into others who are shooting. I hate to be a bitch about it but if you shoot on public land pick up your frickin brass!

AMEN!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:19:07 PM EDT
Thanks guys!!

I'll be out there this week, and will be making my decision on where to live. The Choices are Grand Junction, Fort Collins and Colorado Springs. I'll also entertain surrounding areas.

Have any suggestions?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:48:13 PM EDT
i-m sent
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:51:31 PM EDT
You are the guy that is in construction, right? GJ would be a great base of operation, the Western Slope is going to explode with new homes, businesses, etc. I'm 1.25 hrs from GJ, which means I'm also that close to the Sportsmans Warehouse, fun place to spend lots of money err.. the afternoon... You're gonna love living in the Rockies!! Let us know when you get here!!!

--VT
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:51:37 PM EDT
Second that on Grand Junction - the front range of Colorado is wayyyy too crowded. GJ is beautiful, lower cost of living than the front range, and lots more places to shoot.

I just moved out of GJ in October after spending 14 years there. It was nice to go shooting just a few miles from the house, out in the desert. IM me if you want some good tips on where to plink, and also the gun clubs in the area.

Make sure you stop by the Blue Moon bar & grill for the best burgers ANYWHERE, and tell them Dave & Anne say hello!
Top Top