Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/28/2005 10:49:59 AM EDT
San Diego is pretty conservative and I do most of my shooting in BLM land but I have had Zero interest from Law Enforcement over my Evil Black Rifles.

With all the horror stories you hear about CA i am a little suprised that no one has shown any interest in my guns especially long guns.

Once I had a cop run my pistol to make sure it wasn't stolen and it took too long to get a response so he just let me go...

Has anyone even been arrested for just having a unregistered AW, or are other crimes always involved?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:34:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:44:21 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I've run into the BLM rangers a few times.

Once they saw that I was being safe, cleaning my brass up, and not using garbage for targets they wandered off. Some have asked about the weapon but not about it being legal but what it's like to shoot.

One provision of the AW ban is that when transporting a AW you must be leaving from, and going to a place that allows AW.

I know that the BLM website says AW are legal to use so long as they are legal to own for that person...etc. However, I have also heard that you need to get "approval" or permission to use an AW on BLM land---or in specific areas.

Since I do not own an AW, I was going to check into this with BLM directly if/when any other lowers are added to the list. Anyone know the answer to this?

Dave
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:04:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
San Diego is pretty conservative and I do most of my shooting in BLM land but I have had Zero interest from Law Enforcement over my Evil Black Rifles.

With all the horror stories you hear about CA i am a little suprised that no one has shown any interest in my guns especially long guns.

Once I had a cop run my pistol to make sure it wasn't stolen and it took too long to get a response so he just let me go...

Has anyone even been arrested for just having a unregistered AW YES, or are other crimes always involved?ALMOST ALWAYS

And to answer your topic question - Not to me or anyone I know personally.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:08:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Lake Chabot Park Rangers will pull you over for speeding whether you were or not, ask if you have any guns in the car then ask to see them and ask you where you purchased each one from. Watching your reactions, then let you go without any problems. They did not ask to see your AW letter( 2 registered Colt AR-15s and a Sig 550 ) or ask for the registration number.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:59:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Lake Chabot Park Rangers will pull you over for speeding whether you were or not, ask if you have any guns in the car then ask to see them and ask you where you purchased each one from. Watching your reactions, then let you go without any problems. They did not ask to see your AW letter( 2 registered Colt AR-15s and a Sig 550 ) or ask for the registration number.  

Sounds like a bunch of asshats.

What area of Ca. is this?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:31:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds like a bunch of asshats.

What area of Ca. is this?

This is in the Bay Area.  The Chabot Shooting range is in the park district jurisdiction.  I've only been there 4-5 times.  The only time I saw a ranger was during a storm, and he/she was going down about 60 downhill on a windy road in a truck going the opposite direction.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:59:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I shoot sometimes at an indoor range in Oceanside called Ironsights. California Highway Patrol uses this range to train/qualify at times. I have been there on two occasions when they were doing their qualifications. Both times I had my registered Bushmaster rifle and although they looked in my direction, they never bothered me at all. I felt like the person who turns 21 and never gets carded when buying alcohol ever again. I was waiting to show them my paperwork, knowing that there was nothing that they could do but they weren't interested.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:36:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:40:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I shoot sometimes at an indoor range in Oceanside called Ironsights.....

AR15fan, our resident JBT sometimes shoots there. Maybe he told them to lay off you
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:52:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I've run into the BLM rangers a few times.

Once they saw that I was being safe, cleaning my brass up, and not using garbage for targets they wandered off. Some have asked about the weapon but not about it being legal but what it's like to shoot.

Same story with all the BLM Rangers I have seen, all seemed to be friendly
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:57:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

My first roadkill was in the Lake Chabot area...coming to the range down that little 2 lane road I hit a defenseless bunny rabbit in my 4x4
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:10:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Never asked for paper.....................
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:31:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

AR15fan, our resident JBT sometimes shoots there.

Sometimes?  I was shooting there when Jon and Glenn owned it and it was still under construction.  My wife used to work there. I got some really good deals on guns during that time frame.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:53:05 PM EDT
[#14]
The BLM basically says that any legally posessed weapon may be shot on BLM land as long as shooting legally, (not over roads, into or near structures, etc).  Keep in mind that this blanket OK for all BLM land in CA was done because a newly arrived head honcho for the state decided the patchwork of BLM office regs was BS and opened it ALL up.  Which means his successor might decide to shut it all down.  So it behooves all recreational shooters of all kinds to follow the rules, don't vandalize, and keep things picked up.

I've never been asked about my AR, I keep a copy of the letter in the case, just in case.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:20:07 PM EDT
[#15]
i dont think anyones ever been asked..   my thoughts are that they just want a list of who has these things..  and that is it

for eventual forced confiscation maybe, since it looks like were  headed in that direction, what do you guys think?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:47:02 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
i dont think anyones ever been asked..   my thoughts are that they just want a list of who has these things..  and that is it

for eventual forced confiscation maybe, since it looks like were  headed in that direction, what do you guys think?

I agree technically speaking once you die you cannot pass down your assault weapons so they are gone from the state, eventually leaving no legal assault weapons...
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:15:17 AM EDT
[#17]
I've met LEOs of all stripes many times in many places while shooting an AR-15 and NEVER been asked for proof of registration.

The only person who ever gave me any grief about it was a self-appointed range Nazi on BLM land.  He told me "AW" owners are required by law to carry a copy of the letter, which is - and tried to scare me by telling a horror story about someone who got caught by a BLM ranger without proof of registration.  I think that was as well.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:41:09 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I think you need to loosen your tinfoil a little more.  Have you ever taken the time to really think about what a forced confiscation would entail?  For one to work, you would have to have just about every LEO in the state being tasked to go after one or two and have it all happen at the same time.  Now that would have to occur with somebody making the decision to do it, getting the weapons locations out to the various departments and agencies and then out to the individual officers without anybody anywhere leaking the news or warning anybody.  Do you really think that anything of that magnitude could happen? even with keeping everything secret at all levels of planning and tasking, etc?  That many people trying to do something at the same time?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:34:21 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think you need to loosen your tinfoil a little more.  Have you ever taken the time to really think about what a forced confiscation would entail?  For one to work, you would have to have just about every LEO in the state being tasked to go after one or two and have it all happen at the same time.  Now that would have to occur with somebody making the decision to do it, getting the weapons locations out to the various departments and agencies and then out to the individual officers without anybody anywhere leaking the news or warning anybody.  Do you really think that anything of that magnitude could happen? even with keeping everything secret at all levels of planning and tasking, etc?  That many people trying to do something at the same time?

no dude, not all at once , i dont see any reason it would have to all happen at the same time..  nothing of a large statewide magnitude, ...  it can be just county by county or city by city,   places like san fran have already begun.. --->  see here.. www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=25892   theyve banned our AW's. , theyve banned our 50's, ..... they make us wait ten days, i cant buy a 12rnd mag,  i cant have a suppressor, i cant even have a three round burst, ...        theyve reduced more models of our pistols every year..,theyve limited the number we can purchase per time frame, ..... we cant have threads on a handgun barrel,   they tried to serialize bullets.. and if we didnt tell them what we specifically had by a certain time frame, we cant have a pistol grip on a repeating rifle with a det./mag,  or a flash hider,   and you dont think eventually they will send us out letters (maybe) to relinquish our registered sporting rifles so that they can fill the cities with more man holes?    do you see anything wrong here, does anyone, or is it just me? do you know what we have to go through if we want to buy ammunition in the city of los angeles? it looks to me like theyre trying to reach some kind of goal...    i cant even carry a balisong here, ive seen more cops that know less about assault weaponry and their laws, than we do..   let alone ask for DOJ registration papers..
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:01:24 AM EDT
[#20]
So, hypothetically, if i shot at the Chabot range with an AK that had a detachable mag but miiiiiiight not be registered, would i get caught?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:04:27 AM EDT
[#21]
AK, ,..   we both know you will not.. but, they will tack that on to other charges if you are caught with that, doing some other kind of unlawful act, that would cause them to check you out enough to discover you did not tell the DOJ you had it..
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:32:20 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
AK, ,..   we both know you will not.. but, they will tack that on to other charges if you are caught with that, doing some other kind of unlawful act, that would cause them to check you out enough to discover you did not tell the DOJ you had it..

+1 here. It is a felony to posses an unregistered AW in California and since most of us who have registered rifles have been saying that we have never been checked, the chances of you getting caught are not great. If you are the unluckly one though and do get checked and later convicted, a felony record will prohibit you from legally purchasing or owning any firearm for life. Big gamble for me at least. If I remember correctly, there is a provision in CA law that will allow the felony possession of the AW down to a misdemeanor if you are able to show proof, probably with a receipt or other paperwork that you legally possessed the AW weapon prior to the 2000 when it was just a rifle and not an evil AW. I don't know if you get to keep the confiscated weapon though.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:48:56 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

AR15fan, our resident JBT sometimes shoots there.

Sometimes?  I was shooting there when Jon and Glenn owned it and it was still under construction.  My wife used to work there. I got some really good deals on guns during that time frame.

I remember those early days. It was called the Oceanside Shooting Academy originally. I used to shoot there more frequently back then when I lived in Oceanside as well as at the Escondido Fish & Game Association but now shoot more often at the Rainbow range near the Temecula Border checkpoint now that I live in the Temecula/Murietta area. I still shoot at Ironsights on occassion, especially with co-workers who I have converted into fellow firearm enthusiests. Working in Vista, it's just down the road. I remember years ago the employees would do several things to accomidate shooters that they won't do anymore. One time it was near closing and the group I was with were the only ones there and they shut off the lights for us to have some low level lighting practice with flashlights.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:11:29 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

no dude, not all at once , i dont see any reason it would have to all happen at the same time..  nothing of a large statewide magnitude, ...  it can be just county by county or city by city,   places like san fran have already begun.. --->  see here.. www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=25892   theyve banned our AW's. , theyve banned our 50's, ..... they make us wait ten days, i cant buy a 12rnd mag,  i cant have a suppressor, i cant even have a three round burst, ...        theyve reduced more models of our pistols every year..,theyve limited the number we can purchase per time frame, ..... we cant have threads on a handgun barrel,   they tried to serialize bullets.. and if we didnt tell them what we specifically had by a certain time frame, we cant have a pistol grip on a repeating rifle with a det./mag,  or a flash hider,   and you dont think eventually they will send us out letters (maybe) to relinquish our registered sporting rifles so that they can fill the cities with more man holes?    do you see anything wrong here, does anyone, or is it just me? do you know what we have to go through if we want to buy ammunition in the city of los angeles? it looks to me like theyre trying to reach some kind of goal...    i cant even carry a balisong here, ive seen more cops that know less about assault weaponry and their laws, than we do..   let alone ask for DOJ registration papers..

So you think that it could start to happen in a little increment?  And none of the AW/AR owners wouldn't hear about it and react?  That everybody on this list wouldn't find out immediately?  And everybody would sit around passively while it happens?   Step 1 a city couldn't do it.  How do you think a city could do it?

You asked about forced confiscation, you didn't ask about all the rest, you ask a specific question why are you surprised you got an answer to that question.

Why don't you smarten up and answer your own question, postulate any possible REALISTIC  way a forced confiscation could be accomplished.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:49:44 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So you think that it could start to happen in a little increment?  And none of the AW/AR owners wouldn't hear about it and react?  That everybody on this list wouldn't find out immediately?  And everybody would sit around passively while it happens?   Step 1 a city couldn't do it.  How do you think a city could do it?

You asked about forced confiscation, you didn't ask about all the rest, you ask a specific question why are you surprised you got an answer to that question.

Why don't you smarten up and answer your own question, postulate any possible REALISTIC  way a forced confiscation could be accomplished.

do it think it could happen in little increments?  it already is..   ???  did you see the link?  do you know what is happening in san fran? this whole state watched as we lost everything ive stated above..   are you blaming me for all this?  san fran already has confiscation in effect deferred to April.  of course not AW's yet,   but my point is,  its headed that way, do i think it can happen, ?  yea..   if they can take all confiscate all handguns and handgun ammo out of san fran. .....  you really dont think that they can decide to enforce this with AW???  is this what you are saying?

am i surpised i got an answer?  should i be?  i am the one asking for opinions here, right..  what kind of clarification are you looking for...

am i not smartening up enough for you.. ?   are you calling me a retard cuzz im telling you whats beginning to happen?  is this what you are saying?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:04:59 AM EDT
[#26]
I think that some are being a little harsh to MicronuT. You are correct in that a forced confiscation where the weapons are physically taken is not likey. Just as the handguns in San Fran are not going to be taken physically if the law is not overturned, but they don't have to be. Try using one to defend yourself against a home invading robber and watch yourself go to jail as well for illegally possessing a handgun within city limits. Those who own AR-15 style rifles and never registered them should hope and pray that they never have to use it to defend their lives.

I say this not trying to create a confrontation with those who feel that MicronuT is way off base but as an observer of how our laws here have Slowly changed over the years. I remember when my dad used to tell me in the early 80's that I needed to get off of my ass and join organizations like the NRA to support my gun rights or they would be taken away from me. I didn't. I remember when my best friend purchased a Colt AR-15 and then an AK-47 in 1987 and I thought that he was out of his mind. Why would anyone want or need such a rifle? I then remember when I wanted to get an AR-15 myself in the mid 90's and was told that they had been banned in 1989. I even contacted DOJ to see if I could buy the AR that my friend had purchased because he didn't want it anymore. DOJ said no. I could not believe that the State had passed these laws to keep me, a law abiding citizen, from owning what should be a rifle, simply because they looked scary and like a military rifle. I then scrambled to find the loopholes which allowed my to legally buy post-ban rifles back in 1997, Bushmasters, Colts, FN's(Century Arms). Then like a dumbass, I sold some of them only to have the State initiate a second ban in 2000 which will not let me get anymore. I can't even pass these down to my son, therefore forcing a confiscation eventually as I will die someday and these rifles must leave the state or be turned in to stay compliant with the law. They have also restricted where I can posses and transport these legally owned and registered rifles that I did not sell. Now I am one of the Haves while some of you are some of the Have Nots. I do not feel good about  this and now realize how the State did this slowly, over a period of time, demonizing certain firearms and meeting little resistance from the public. Look at how easily the State made the .50 BMG an illegal rifle to own unless purchased before a specific date and now registered meanwhile, none has ever been documented to have been used in a crime in the State. I was shooting at the range I go to in Rainbow and heard fellow shooters talking about how they didn't care that the state was going to ban the .50 BMG because they didn't own one and would never see the use for owning one. These were gun owners who didn't care that another gun owner's rights where about to end. This same group of sporting shooters who are regulars at this range do not like it when I show up with my Assault Weapon Bushmaster rifles to the point where they will stop shooting sometimes and walk up to the range house until I'm finished. Yet I never say anything about their $4000 Sniper rifles. Why should I? They are just fellow shooters aren't they?

In conclusion I just recommend that everyone look at the big picture in our state and that what MicronuT is saying may at face value seem a little paranoid, there is some truth and reason to be concerned. I am also watching with great enthusiasm as some of my fellow AR15.com members have found a loophole in CA law allowing them to purchase non-listed lowers and taking a chance that these will eventually get added to the list and be able to legally own these rifles. I also know that the State will be like a dog chasing it's tail trying to add every manufacturer to the list as new manufacturers start up and add new models to circumvent the law. It won't be long before the state enacts a simple way to stop the loophole by mandating a safety test on rifles and shotguns sold in the state like they do with handguns so that no lowers, regardless of manufacturer can be purchased. Take advantage people, get them while you can.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:30:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Not necessarily calling you a retard, but your obtusity is overwhelming.  Since you can't tell me how a forced confiscation would occur (remember you asked about that, not all the other things getting dragged in) why don't you tell me what is happening in San Francisco and why we should give a shit?

I might point out that estimates of AWs that kind of WEREN'T registered, is somewhere between 75% and 90%.  You could try to tell me how those might get confiscated?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:16:46 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 here. It is a felony to posses an unregistered AW in California...

Wobbler actually and most of the cases i have seen in my juristiction have been filed as Misdemeanors.

The last one I saw was a trailer park manager who had a heated arguement with his wife.  the neighbors called the cops to request a welfare check on the managers young children.  On arrival the trailer door was open and there was no response from anyone inside.  fearing the wife or children may be dead or injured inside the police entered the trailer and saw meth pipes and a billy club in plain view.  They made sure nobody was hurt inside and left.  They waited down the street until the manger returned and contacted him under the guise of investigating the domestic dispute(google "pretext stop").  The manager gave written consent to search his trailer.  The police went inside, collected the meth pipes and billy clug as evidence, as well as an unregistered AR and a lead sap.  The DA filed the case as a Misdemeanor and the suspect is currently out on $10,000.00 bail.  He will likely only get probation but one of the terms of his probation witll certainly be "possess no weapons."  I dont know if the conviction will provent him from lawfully purchasing firearms in the future, but its a safe bet.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:39:14 PM EDT
[#29]
I guess that means my 78 year old mother is still safe.  After my Dad pased on she ended up being the possessor of at least one genuine leather sap, one blackjack, British Army swagger stick complete with 16" stilletto blade, and a few batons.

She may have given the sap and blackjack to my BiL the Sheriff.  I know he ended up with his Grandfather's loaded billy.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:10:33 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I've been going to Chabot for the last 5 years and I've never gotten pulled over.  Than again, I always drive a mini-van up there.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:10:54 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Not necessarily calling you a retard, but your obtusity is overwhelming.  Since you can't tell me how a forced confiscation would occur (remember you asked about that, not all the other things getting dragged in) why don't you tell me what is happening in San Francisco and why we should give a shit?

I might point out that estimates of AWs that kind of WEREN'T registered, is somewhere between 75% and 90%.  You could try to tell me how those might get confiscated?

my apologies for my choice of wording here..   i just feel they want to employ communist law,  they seem to be doing everything they can to prevent what they call AW type rifle sales here.  the appropriate wording should be relinquishment, i didnt mean that they would come knocking on our doors.  but even if they did, it would mean the same thing, relinquishment or otherwise, we would now not lawfully be able to have certain things..  and i was not referring to the percentage of individuals that did not register their sporting rifles..  ,  us law abiding citizens..   as this would be the only group affected.  

for san fran, only as of "right now" sidearms/handguns are to be relinquished/turned into authorities and has been deferred to the month of April.  i am concerned because of what could be next.  

my point is this, i think they  hate any kind of gun, sporting or not here in cali.  

Quoted:
I think that some are being a little harsh to MicronuT. You are correct in that a forced confiscation where the weapons are physically taken is not likey. Just as the handguns in San Fran are not going to be taken physically if the law is not overturned, but they don't have to be. Try using one to defend yourself against a home invading robber and watch yourself go to jail as well for illegally possessing a handgun within city limits. Those who own AR-15 style rifles and never registered them should hope and pray that they never have to use it to defend their lives.

yes,
my whole thing is , only the abiding people..  
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:58:05 PM EDT
[#32]
You haven't read or heard about the various court actions that have very appropriately put the San Francisco activities on hold until it goes to court.  In other words, ain't nothing going to happen.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:47:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Here's how I would collect all of the "registered" AW's (or whatever..)

1) You can't pay your property taxes until you "turn in" your AW's.
(Meanwhile fines and penalties start adding up)

2) You can't sell you house until you turn in your AW's.

3) You can't withdraw money from your bank (to "bug out") until you turn in your AW's

4) Yup, freeze your VISA, M/C.

5) No vehicle registration

6) No cashing of paychecks.

Get the idea??

Saying "it can't happen here" is lying to yourself...

Sorry.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:00:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Out on BLM land I have had the rangers request my proof of registration. They said they were glad I had it otherwise they would have been hanging out with us for a while as they called in the numbers.

My friend at the same time had a mini14 with a flash hider. They told him he had an illegal unregistered AW and to take it off. They wrote his drivers license and info and said they would log this so if he was found again with it on he would get ticketed.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:03:12 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
So, hypothetically, if i shot at the Chabot range with an AK that had a detachable mag but miiiiiiight not be registered, would i get caught?

You're not even old enough to legally shoot an AK in CA so don't worry about hypotheticals......yet.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:19:18 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Not gonna fly with the county governments that rely on cash flow from property taxes.

Unless they can file a lien for damages.

3) You can't withdraw money from your bank (to "bug out") until you turn in your AW's

That would open the door to all kinds of class action suits.

Huhh ?? How does the state freeze your card ?

Again, the means lost revenue so I can't see that happening.

How do you do that ? And I guess if I have direct deposit they'll freeze my bank account ?

Get the idea??

You are saying the state will make you a non-person if you do not turn in your AW.

Sorry.   hr

It is unlikely to happen here.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:37:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:56:46 PM EDT
[#38]
I think Paul pretty much cover how I feel about Kalifornia's political and social systems.  Hell in a handbasket.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:14:38 PM EDT
[#39]
I spoke with a friend who's a Sheriffs Deputy, he said that the word they got after their AW training was that their agency wasn't interested in whether or not a rifle was an AW or not unless it was associated with a "real" crime.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:16:58 PM EDT
[#40]
The state doesn't have to come to your house and physically take your arsenal.  They just outlaw the rifles they don't like.  Then they outlaw the ammo.  Then they outlaw more rifles and more ammo, all the while publishing propaganda and skewed statistics about evil guns and evil gun owners.  Counties are re-zoning shooting ranges out of existance all the time.  Hunting is restricted, fees increase, handguns are more difficult to purchase, the list goes on.  CCW in California??  HA!  50BMG?? HA!  30-round mag?? HA!  If things proceed as they have been in CA, in 30 years there won't be much of a gun culture left to kick around anymore.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:31:08 PM EDT
[#41]
One time I went to the chabot gun club and there was a guy with a fully auto AK.  He let off a burst once, it looked like an accident.  Range got REAL quiet and all eyes were on him.  I don't know if he knew the guys, was military, or the range officers just didn't hear it, but they didn't bug him about it and he stayed for a few hours after that.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:12:45 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
One time I went to the chabot gun club and there was a guy with a fully auto AK.  He let off a burst once, it looked like an accident.  Range got REAL quiet and all eyes were on him.  I don't know if he knew the guys, was military, or the range officers just didn't hear it, but they didn't bug him about it and he stayed for a few hours after that.  

Who would f*** with a guy with a full-auto AK?

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:47:31 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I think Paul pretty much cover how I feel about Kalifornia's political and social systems.  Hell in a handbasket.

+1

Good post Paul.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:05:39 AM EDT
[#44]
YES WAY TO GO PAUL!

Exactly what Paul said.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:07:54 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
+1 here. It is a felony to posses an unregistered AW in California...

Wobbler actually and most of the cases i have seen in my juristiction have been filed as Misdemeanors.

Yep.  But this may be changing in metro areas.

Most people don't realize that simple 12280(b) possession of an unregistered AW (providing you don't have a ton of unregistered ones) is less severe than the illegal transport, import, etc. (12280(a)) of one - and that the illegal transport charges don't necessarily depend upon whether the  AW was registered or not!

One noted gun lawyer I spoke to said 85+% of AW busts were from domestic situations - not traffic stops, which was surprising.  And that these domestic situations weren't necessarily arising from domestic violence situations but anything where there's law enforcment involvement at a home (which could be from fire/ambulance situations etc.)  

So watch yourself - while domestic possession of an unreg'd AW may let you slide with a misdemeanor (or sometimes dropped charges, even, if AW surrendered) driving with one can also incur an illegal transport charge.  

Bill Wiese
San Jose, CA
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:32:40 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Get the idea??

Sorry.  

So you are going to sit tight and let it happen?  The scenario implied was a quick taking.  That will never happen.  If you didn't figure that out by the coversations, well not my fault.  Let's assume for the sake of argument facts (like basic smarts) not in evidence. Once the additional legislative or administrative activities begin, somebody with a basic issue of smarts gets the fuck out of Dodge.  Then again, based on your posting YOU might stick around.  Assuming an AW owner has the basic issue of grey matter.  We still get guys that claim they never saw anything about the registration period.  Either they are stupid or lying.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:40:37 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
The state doesn't have to come to your house and physically take your arsenal.  They just outlaw the rifles they don't like.  Then they outlaw the ammo.  Then they outlaw more rifles and more ammo, all the while publishing propaganda and skewed statistics about evil guns and evil gun owners.  Counties are re-zoning shooting ranges out of existance all the time.  Hunting is restricted, fees increase, handguns are more difficult to purchase, the list goes on.  CCW in California??  HA!  50BMG?? HA!  30-round mag?? HA!  If things proceed as they have been in CA, in 30 years there won't be much of a gun culture left to kick around anymore.

+1

I think that this is what MicronuT is trying to offer up. It does have some basis to it. The scary thing about some legislation like what happened in San Francisco is that the citizens of that city voted for it. Some by actual vote, others by tacit consent by doing nothing.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:35:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Why do you find it a suprise that people from san francisco would vote this in? Remember we are talking about THE most liberal city in the nation.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:38:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Awww, you guys are no fun!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:42:39 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Get the idea??

Sorry.  

So you are going to sit tight and let it happen?  The scenario implied was a quick taking.  That will never happen.  If you didn't figure that out by the coversations, well not my fault.  Let's assume for the sake of argument facts (like basic smarts) not in evidence. Once the additional legislative or administrative activities begin, somebody with a basic issue of smarts gets the fuck out of Dodge.  Then again, based on your posting YOU might stick around.  Assuming an AW owner has the basic issue of grey matter.  We still get guys that claim they never saw anything about the registration period.  Either they are stupid or lying.

Yes, that's how I would do it.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top