Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2005 6:29:15 PM EDT
Alright guys.  I want to order a whole bunch of ammo cans.  I need at least 20 for myself and I'm sure you guys do too.

Normally these run about $5 each everywhere...just one small problem.  You end up paying $3-4 for shipping for each one!  I ran into this recently when I was trying to buy them from various suppliers.

Here's the deal.  I can have them in hand for $5 or less, each, depending on how many are ordered.  I know right now I'm doing 20 of them I think, for myself.

I have a pickup truck and I can bring them to the match on November 6th.

I intend to make exactly ZERO dollars on this arrangement.  This is not to make money.  If y'all want ammo cans I'll help you out.  If not, oh well.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:49:32 PM EDT
[#1]
.50 cal or SAW cans?

WIZZO
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:24:51 PM EDT
[#2]
where do you plan to purchase them from?  jgsales.com has them for 99cents if you buy like 100.  i called them for a shipping quote, once you hit the 75lbs mark they get a break on shipping, so once you pass 30cans shipping goes dramatically per can.  

if you buy 20cans, they average to $5.24 per can
if you buy 30cans, they average to $4.46 per can

thats as high as i went in the quantities, but im sure prices go down a little more.

my shipping quote was to zip 60010.

if thats where you plan to purchase from im sure id be down for several, ill ask my buddies see if i can pool an higher number
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:10:00 PM EDT
[#3]
oops i made a mistake on those ammo can prices, thats calculated at $1.95 per can plus shipping, but at j+g you can get them for 99cents plus shipping if the quantity is high enough.  i think thats what i saw on the current issue of shotgun news
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:44:46 PM EDT
[#4]
You have to buy 140 cans to get them at that price, and shipping for 140 cans is nearly $500.

That is where I'm getting them, but I figured that I'd just have them all shipped to me and I'd bring them to the match (because I have a pickup truck and because we're all going to be there).  Having them all shipped to one location will save us all.

My friend in Indiana has committed to 4 cans, and I'm going to buy 20.  If I can double that order at least, I can probably negotiate a good price.

What do you guys think?

These will be for .50 cal cans.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:51:22 AM EDT
[#5]
when is your order deadline?  do you want money in advance? are we gonna get stuck with all the rusty ones?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 12:37:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Depending on where you guys are located my brother has alot of cans is Springfield. Let me know if anyone wants to hear more. They are .50 & .30 cal cans.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:12:55 PM EDT
[#7]
POB,

if you plan to attend buffalo on nov6th, i may be interested. how much?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:12:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
when is your order deadline?  do you want money in advance? are we gonna get stuck with all the rusty ones?

There is no deadline.  I just came up with this idea yesterday.  This is nothing official or anything.

Yes I'd have to get all of the money in advance.  I'm not going to get stuck with hundreds of dollars worth of ammo cans.

I hope there aren't going to be any rusty ones and they wouldn't sell us junk.

Basically I'm just wondering if anyone needs any cans and if they want to use this as a way to get them cheaper.  If not, oh well, I'll order mine and that's it.  I just figured that I'd say something because I'm going to be at the match in November and I will be able to deliver them into your hands right out of my pickup truck as opposed to the very expensive cost of shipping them.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:13:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
POB,

if you plan to attend buffalo on nov6th, i may be interested. how much?

Approximately $5 a piece, and cheaper if we can get enough of them together.  As it stands right now I have 20 sold to myself and 4 sold to a friend of mine.  If I can get other guys interested here, I will bring them all to the match in November and pass them out.  I'm not doing this to make money...I just want to help you guys out if you want the cans since they're so expensive to ship, usually.  Pooling our money and having them ship to one location will make it easier and cheaper for all of us.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:07:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Depending on where you guys are located my brother has alot of cans is Springfield. Let me know if anyone wants to hear more. They are .50 & .30 cal cans.

I would like to hear more. I am near Springfield.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:46:33 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I could use a few .30 cal cans.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:51:14 PM EDT
[#12]
IM message me and I'll give you the number for my brother and you can deal with him. They are in our hanger at the Springfield airport.
I am thinking of going to the shoot, but cannot say for sure. Still lots of deer to try to kill.   Doug
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:09:15 PM EDT
[#13]
I'd be interested in getting em that way if the price is as good as the group purchase plan.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:30:28 AM EDT
[#14]
For you northern Illinois guys, there's usually a guy at the Kane County gun show with clean cans for $3-$5 each. He usually has an assortment of .30, .50 and 20mm cans. I'm pretty sure there's a show this Sunday.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 2:20:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Well I might as well scrap the idea of ordering them if that guy has them for $3 each.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top