Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2009 7:24:00 PM EDT
We just got into Tybee today, we'll be here thru Sat. What should we do? Where should we eat? We are open to everything and eat just about anything. Any input would be great.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:28:38 PM EDT
[#1]
The Breakfast Club is good.  Check it out.  Of course if you're here on thursday you could join us at the Richmond Hill DMR range for shooting at 1000 hours...lol!
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:35:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Is there any fun shops around?  Thurs...Hummmm??
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:36:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Eat at the Crab Shack. You passed it on your way into Tybee. Also check out North Beach. A lot less crowded than down by the pier.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:38:37 PM EDT
[#4]
we are staying on the north end.  I like it much better than the pier end.  The Crab shack sounds like dinner tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:39:57 PM EDT
[#5]
North Beach Tavern out by the lighthouse has great fish tacos and drinks.

Check out the boats and dry docks at thunderbolt (palmer johnson) marine.

Drive across tallmage bridge, its like riding a roller coaster

Walk around Forsyth Park

Jalapenos on Whitmarsh island is great mexican, good bbq at papas right next door

Nothing super, just good food and things to look at

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:40:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Good deal. As far as fun shops, stop by Thunderbolt Guns and talk to Dick and Pedro. Dick is a nice and knowledgeable guy and Pedro is a helluva smith.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:41:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Fort Pulaski and Old Fort Jackson.  

You can go walk around River Street in Savannah, train museum in Savannah, ect....
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:50:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I was there last weekend, yes the crab shack is a place to go. If you like going out to bars, there were a few poppin right near the pier til like 3am. We were actually quite impressed. also theres a restaurant we ate at called Bernies right there on the street going straight to the pier, .25 cent oysters and 1.50 beers during happy hr (we were there at like 6pm, think its like 4-7)
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:18:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll look into these   thanks!
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:22:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Stingrays at the corner of 14th and Butler.  The breakfast club is great, try to get there early.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:51:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Find the dunes grab tent, food, grill, woman, some wine and condoms.

Oh, she's at home.

Find good local food and have a few beers by the beach.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:36:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Jalapenos on Whitmarsh island is great mexican

[/quote ]

LOL!  Dude, I'm sorry, but the words "Great" and "Mexican" don't belong in Savannah.   Go to Texas or Socal and you'll understand why... lol!
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:20:19 AM EDT
[#13]
I used to live in Savannah.

You should try Tubby's Tank House, there is one just back over the River in Thunderbolt, and another on River Street.

If yo uhave time you should go to Paula Deen's rest, Lady and Sons (be ready for a long wait though) It's back in Savannah but not that far.

You can find a few good fishing piers on the south end of the Island, and there is a Kayak outfitter as you first get to the Island on the right and seeing the marsh from a kayak is really cool.

There is also Outland Island Education center, that would be really interesting, especially for kids.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:45:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jalapenos on Whitmarsh island is great mexican

[/quote ]

LOL!  Dude, I'm sorry, but the words "Great" and "Mexican" don't belong in Savannah.   Go to Texas or Socal and you'll understand why... lol!

Too true.  I've lived in Texas and Socal.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:16:52 AM EDT
[#15]
You could always IM me I live one island over, and I can show you the "REAL" side of Savannah LOL!
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:36:23 AM EDT
[#16]
You have to go to the Crab Shack and get the "shack specialty" platter
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:42:02 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

You could always IM me I live one island over, and I can show you the "REAL"
side of Savannah LOL!

Yamacraw and Hitch, with lunch at little Kings?
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:32:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:
You could always IM me I live one island over, and I can show you the "REAL" side of Savannah LOL!

Better Allan, and Madison with lunch at Lisa Chin Take out!

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 12:41:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Now why would you do that to the man, he didn't do anything to you...
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 12:47:47 PM EDT
[#20]
If you want old timey Southern food, check out Mrs. Wilkes Boading house.  Its family style seating and you wait outside.  Its the closest thing to a southern family meal that you pay for.

Mrs. Wilkes

and I like the Crab Shack too even though its a bit touristy.  Good food and fun atmosphere.

eta:  Check out  Savannah Connect for interesting local activites. You can pick up a paper copy all over the place on Tybee in free newspaper racks.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 2:08:53 PM EDT
[#21]
We've got a beach house on Tybee and go all the time.  We always eat at the Crab Shack, uncle bubba's, sugar shack, breakfast club, and sometimes the Pirate House.  We mostly just hang out at the beach and go play golf in Savannah.  While you're down there, will you ride by the house and make sure its ok ?
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 2:38:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

If yo uhave time you should go to Paula Deen's rest, Lady and Sons (be ready for a long wait though) It's back in Savannah but not that far.

I was not impressed with Lady and Sons at all.  went on a Sunday,  very few choices on buffet and food was just okay.  I left wishing I had eaten elsewhere with better food for half the price.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 2:48:25 PM EDT
[#23]
What is the name of the restaurant on 17 south of Abercorn, next to the river, near Richmond Hill? It was good food! That's about the only one not mentioned.

I miss the Palmer House, we used to go there and get stuffed
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 2:50:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
We've got a beach house on Tybee and go all the time.  We always eat at the Crab Shack, uncle bubba's, sugar shack, breakfast club, and sometimes the Pirate House.  We mostly just hang out at the beach and go play golf in Savannah.  While you're down there, will you ride by the house and make sure its ok ?

Jace
throw me the keys ....I'll run by and check it for ya
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:15:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Ft pulaski is a very intriging place to visit, dont miss out on this peice of history
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:32:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
What is the name of the restaurant on 17 south of Abercorn, next to the river, near Richmond Hill? It was good food! That's about the only one not mentioned.

I miss the Palmer House, we used to go there and get stuffed

Loves. Its called Loves and it has great local seafood  Its probably an hour from Tybee though.  Might get there quicker by boat.

Take hw 80/Victory drive off the islands (20-25min),  take Abercorn/204 south/east until junction with Hw 17 (20-25 min),  go South on Hwy 17  (10 min).

eta: If you go out Abercorn, you'll pass one of the new hot funstores in Savannah –– Mission Essential 2.   Its across the street from Armstrong Atlantic State Univ (big landmark).

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:35:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I prefer Bubbas over Lady and Sons and I like Lady and Sons.  Its popular in Savannah to rag on Paula's place, but its still good even if it isn't as good as it once was.  

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:19:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I always wanted to grab some ribs from the guys who have the smokers set up at Bull and Victory. Have you heard if they are any good?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:51:08 AM EDT
[#29]
What about Ms. Wilkes? Are they still open?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:07:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I always wanted to grab some ribs from the guys who have the smokers set up at Bull and Victory. Have you heard if they are any good?

None yet Sgt but I can do some recon and find out for ya lol!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:05:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Ft. Pulaski is pretty cool. Stingrays was  good  when we ate there.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:54:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The man that owns sugar shack is rude ol bastard and I NEVER set foot in that place again.

Go say hello to my mother. We were coming down for the weekend but my children have three b-day parties this weekend so we will be down next weekend.

TD
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:25:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Well, we decided to come on down after all the Bday parties.

BTW: I'm on the beach side of 18th street.

TD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top