Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2006 3:50:15 PM EDT
The wife and I are taking a weekend trip to Nashville this weekend. We have tickets fro the Grand Ole for Sat night but I'm wondering what to do Friday afternoon and night and Saturday day. Thought you native Tn could help me out.

Any especially good restaurants to go to that really are good and represent Tn or Nashville? Things to see or do?
Particular parts of town with lots of good stuff for the night?

Thanks

PS We are staying somewhere on Century Blvd.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:34:01 PM EDT
[#1]
If you like Italian try Amerigos, it is great.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:40:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Spaghetti Factory on 2nd Ave. for good, cheap eats. Be sure to visit the Hermitage Hotel & Union Station Hotel & sit in the lobby & admire their interior.  Check out the Opryland Hotel.

Go see the Parathon & Cheekwood if you're into culture. Eat at The Stockyard if you like steak.

Walk around 2nd Ave. & people watch to kill some time in the evening. Both Wildhorse Saloon & Big River are tourist traps, avoid them, IMO.

If you like beer, the Beer Seller on Church St. & The Flying Saucer behind Union Station are cool, Yazoo Brewery & Blackstone Brewery are good. Market St. Brew Pub is cool too.

Have fun!!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:24:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I gotta say, Nashville is a great city. People are friendly, outgoing and know how to have fun. Wound up on Broadway Friday night going to the different bars, had BBQ at Jacks. It was great. Sat morn /early afternoon Country Hall of Fame. I'm not super into country but it was grat too. Sat night at the Grand Old Opry then to the Wild Horse. Outfriggin standing. You all shouldn't be so shy about talking this place up.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:39:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I gotta say, Nashville is a great city.  ...You all shouldn't be so shy about talking this place up.

Yeah, but if we went and bragged about how great Nashville is, there'd be more GD tourists here.  Not that we don't like their money, we just wish they'd put it in envelopes and mail it to us.  We promise to mail back a postcard.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top