Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2005 4:01:28 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:45:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm a Mod.  I'm here to help.

Thanks for cleaning it up around here.  It's needed housekeeping for some time, now.  I promise I'll be good!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:13:41 AM EDT
[#2]
What are you talking about?

Why does a guy from Virginia care what happens in the Minnesota forum?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:06:08 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

See that title just above his avatar?

VA-gunnut
Site Staff

Hometown forums are not the same rules as GD.  Mods have not been enforcing this in the MN forum like they should be.  It looks like they will be now...
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:28:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:52:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Hopefully it all works out this time VA-gunnut. I have been told all this several times before and nothing changed. I welcome your involvement and here’s to hoping.
It has been frustrating to say the least. It would seem easy to just not get involved in a thread that is outside your particular area of interest. Someone was interested in an archived thread I started sometime back, so I tracked it down and reread it before sending the link. It was several pages long so there was obviously interest from our members as far as the subject matter, but you had to skip over the first half of page one to get past all the troll posts. I have been getting involved with some other states hometown areas, and it’s amazing how they can post similar subjects and have their forum function perfectly fine.
It would be fantastic if things could function as they were intended. I’ll do my best to do my part
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:25:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Sounds good to me

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 12:53:17 PM EDT
[#7]
It is great news that Staff and other moderators are going to start watching this hometown forum..
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:36:49 PM EDT
[#8]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See that title just above his avatar?

VA-gunnut
Site Staff

Hometown forums are not the same rules as GD. Mods have not been enforcing this in the MN forum like they should be. It looks like they will be now...

So that's the long way of saying "I have too much time on my hands so I think that I will throw my weight around."

You still haven't answered the original question, i.e., What are you talking about?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:02:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:50:55 PM EDT
[#10]
In general some members seem to post subjects like baiting trap to focus attention on themselves.  Some members are extremely good at remaining neutral, while others speak their minds irrespective of the COC of AR15.com.  Personally, I think is great that we have Greg "Sully" Sullivan in our own backyard!  He is an excellent instructor, and I believe people who do not avail themselves of his classes are really only cheating themselves.  I only wish my work schedule blended better with the offerings! Oh well gotta pay the bills and pay for ammo!  BA.UU.R
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:32:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:56:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:03:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:40:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Being newer to the site what are some examples of issues you have seen?

I have not read any major issues with posts I have looked at.  Thank you in advance! :)
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:55:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:20:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Edited...this thread isn't for calling other members out.<va-gunnut>
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:54:21 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
The discussions that take place here, should be just like everyone was standing face to face. A lot of people will say things on the net that they would never say to someones face.

True enough.  Ask yourself this question:  "keeping in mind that we all have one thing in common (firearms) and most of us carry, would I have this conversation face to face with this person?"

Let's be a kinder, gentler hometown forum.  Save your angst for the GD or Bear Pit.  

That goes for you, too, Lurch!

(Can I shoot your rifle, buddy?)
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 12:28:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Doeasn't inuhbad ( or any HTF mod) have any editing, etc. abilities?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:41:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:17:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:26:29 PM EDT
[#21]
"Minnesota nice" is overrated.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 11:28:51 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

they just don't get out of the hammer lane
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:24:35 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Shut your cakehole cheesehead
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:46:33 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As you were! ::laughing::

I have a Packer's neon in my window EVERY football season....

Edited to add:

We even thread-jack the mods!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:06:54 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

As you were! ::laughing::

I have a Packer's neon in my window EVERY football season....

Edited to add:

We even thread-jack the mods!

I knew that

You are not the lippy one
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:14:15 AM EDT
[#26]
I missed out on this shtf thread.  It would be nice to have a prepared thread on here
-How I kept my families butt warm that Winter the ice storm took out the electricity for up to and over a week.
-A generator really came in handy!
-Thick heavy guage extention cords, and why not to buy cheap ones.
-Propane space heaters/ wood stoves

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:54:22 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I missed out on this shtf thread.   It would be nice to have a prepared thread on here
-How I kept my families butt warm that Winter the ice storm took out the electricity for up to and over a week.
-A generator really came in handy!
-Thick heavy guage extention cords, and why not to buy cheap ones.
-Propane space heaters/ wood stoves

You missed out on more than that, dude...
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:47:44 PM EDT
[#28]
What did I miss? If it cant repeated send me a PM...
I suppose its gone now.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:37:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:44:58 PM EDT
[#30]
VA - can we get details?  I keep missing out on all the drama.

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 3:57:13 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:50:29 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
The reocurring problems in this forum are getting old IMO. I spent over 2hrs last night reading MN HTF threads from the past year. Some of the behaviour I saw in some of those threads was very disturbing. That kind of thing shouldn't be going on, or be tolerated in the HTFs.

Now that I'm all caught up with this forum, we are going to start fresh. I have little patience for BS in the HTFs on this site. I'm willing to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, and give all another chance.

Just a hint for eveyone involved. We have a Mod and Staff here on the site. If you see something wrong in a thread, please send an IM to myself or your Mod. Don't jump in the thread and stir up any shit, because I'm just going to start locking accounts. I don't care who's account it is. It doesn't matter to me how long someone has been here, if they are a Team Member or not, how many posts they have. Cause a problem or keep a problem going, and I'm not going to be happy.

Now that we are all on the same page, lets all try to enjoy the forum and have a good time. hr

Well I lurk mostly, I post rarley.
The actions  I seen from one member in two different threads created a major shitstorm.
That major shitstorm is always started by one member by the name of jem375.

Quoted:

Your's is the first account I'm going to lock tonight.

I would bet a years pay that it wasn not jems account that was locked

This mans actions are here soley to create these shitstorms, and you continue to let him.
He never has one positive thing to say, he never participates in any of the functions that happen here in Minnesota.

But if that is what you want........you can have him, good luck

I myself am going to stay out of the MN Hometown forum until this gets resovled, hopefully one of the members here has the balls to stand up to a old man with nothing better to do than rip on everyone because he doesn't like what he sees or reads.  

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:34:10 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:58:04 AM EDT
[#34]
We need something like an "ignore posts from this member" button.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:24:57 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
True enough.  Ask yourself this question:  "keeping in mind that we all have one thing in common (firearms) and most of us carry, would I have this conversation face to face with this person?"

Let's be a kinder, gentler hometown forum.  Save your angst for the GD or Bear Pit.  

i'd be tempted to tell Sully that his wife dresses him funny, but then he'd probably make me do more pushups at the next alumni shoot.

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:22:33 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
We need something like an "ignore posts from this member" button.

I was getting ready to ask the same question.. "Ignore User" would be a wonderful option.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 3:49:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:54:57 AM EDT
[#38]
My "IGNORE" button seems to be working fine!
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 3:57:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Why is McNielson's post blank?

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:15:50 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Why is McNielson's post blank?

Who?

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:21:54 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Why is McNielson's mcnielsen's post blank?

[spelling nazi]

THAT'S why you can't see me!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top