Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2005 4:25:05 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:46:19 AM EDT
[#1]
<sigh>

Does this have anything to do with R-32's sigline?

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:43:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Fixed it for ya.

Quoted:
Thought it was getting bad, had no idea how out of hand it gotten.

If anyone needs me I'll be in my forum being the jack booted brown shit wearing moderator.

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:55:26 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Fixed it for ya.

Quoted:
Thought it was getting bad, had no idea how out of hand it gotten.

If anyone needs me I'll be in my forum being the jack booted brown shit wearing moderator.

I looked thru 4 pages, saw dupe topics, didnt see one lock. <shrug>
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:04:12 AM EDT
[#4]

SNS!!  SNS!!!  SNS!!!

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:05:22 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

SNS!!  SNS!!!  SNS!!!

Quoted:

IBTJAFO
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:19:54 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SNS!!  SNS!!!  SNS!!!

Quoted:

IBTJAFO

Professional courtesy. JAFO won't lock or move Tweak.

Even the mods are fleeing.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:48:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:09:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Do we all get our own forums? I wonder what mine would be?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:15:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Danni at Razzels?  

Quoted:
Do we all get our own forums? I wonder what mine would be?

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:52:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Tweak,

You need to change your Sig line...

HEY YOU WASHINGTONIANS! Come to YOUR hometown forum http://ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=8&f=15

It does not belong to the Washingtonians, and It is a Enter At Your Own Risk type area.

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:04:11 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Even the mods are fleeing.

So much good Sig material here today..
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:17:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:38:36 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Other than NOT following the conduct code and guidelines set forth by the staff, what is the risk?

Anyone that comes in here seems to have their posts last about as long as a Virgin male on his first trip to a whorehouse.....

Sorry man...

I have moved the WA Hometown to the most fucked up place to visit at ARFcom, used to be my #1

I know...I know...." If you dont like it ask My Daddy 1GR to have someone else Mod".." I only do what Staff tell's me"...." The only people that bitch are the whiners"....Blah Blah Blah

It seems to be your crew of people that have been here for a while that are the ones getting piss'd off, and saying anything about it...

I like you as a man, I would drink with ya, shoot with ya, even take shit from ya...

I just dont agree with the way you run and respond in here. I dont see anything in here that would require any Hardnosed reactions.

And as long as we are here right now...

Since you are only doing what you are told to do by staff, and the Owners of the Site tell you to do, then maybe you can pass on your findings....Im sure that Ed Avila Sr. Trusts your judgment and is willing to give you a little slack.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 10:01:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 10:04:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Before this gets locked, I wanna add something.

Its no secret a number of people here in WA Hometown are fairly unhappy with the way things are being run in this forum as of late. Its also been made no secret they have zero intention of changing the way things are being run now, for whatever the reasons.

There are options. You can stop starting threads altogether, which give you no basis to get really pissed. You can stop posting in Hometown, which is a shitty deal, but if thats what it takes. Or you can stop surfing arfcom altogether. Everyone has made their thoughts on the recent crackdown well known. We all have options.

The owners decided who was staff. Staff decided who is mod. It is at the owners pleasure the heirachy is chosen, and their decisions to do with the board as they damn well see fit. I think to keep being pissed off and seeing this bullshit continue is almost bad as the cancer that currently affects us.

JAFO told everyone (paraphrase) if you didnt like the way he is doing things to send an email. If you didnt, but are still complaining, why not? I found for me to stop starting threads in Hometown helped me stop being pissed off daily. Now I dont care anymore, and almost find it comical. I hope everyone finds their own way of dealing with it, it doesnt look like anything will be changing anytime soon.

I would pay money to go back to the way things were 90 days ago. No jackbootery, no pissing and moaning. Peace, harmony, piles of fun and no forum run amuck.

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 10:08:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 10:09:25 AM EDT
[#17]
"There is/was no Crackdown."
"It's always been this way"

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 10:09:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 10:23:38 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
90 days ago the moderating was exactly the same. There may have been less violations, but that is not in my control.

The wanton arbitrary and capricious lockfest is not a figment of the imagination limited to just one or two.

There is another option you seem to have left out: follow the guidelines. It has worked in the past and will continue to work.

You are right there, it used to be enough.

I said in another thread, you win. I called here for the bitching to stop.

What else do you want me to say?

That people all of a sudden changed their posting styles and have run amuck in WA Hometown? I wont cuz it aint. That dog dont hunt.

We all know most of the truth, and most people here are saying it in pain engrish. De nile is not just a river in Africa.

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 10:34:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Just one question, follow what guidelines?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 10:37:54 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Maybe These?

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 10:41:19 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe These?

The CoC is fairly well understood around here. It's the other set of guidelines I was referring to.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 10:43:52 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Now that is a quite a statement. I don't see it.

Too busy looking for a new topic to lock up/move/trash?

Everyone has their opinions. I lock, edit, trash, or move threads that need locked, editing, trashed or moved. Yes, there are quite a few whiners lately.

We must really be fucked up then, because I dont see 1/10th the amount of locks/moves/trashings in that zoo we call the GD...

I don't have a crew of people. The majority of complaining is coming from a few who have a long history of complaining.

You are charged with keeping a crew of people in line in this Washington Hometown forum...That is your Crew, If you cant see that, Your leadership/Stewardship  abilities are about as good as my spelling... BTW: When you have one or two guys nagging about something that is whining...When a larger number of people that have been around for a while start nagging about the same thing...That means there is a issue that need addressed.

You buying?

[cheers] Sure!

Hard nosed reactions? As I've said before I could be more coddling but won't. If you want a robot to moderate here, suggest it to goatboy.

No one is asking you do coddle, People are saying you need to lighten up...I dont see anything in any other State Forum (well maybe Arizona for a bit, but they are strange) That is any different than ours other than the lack of locks...

You lost me there. Can you say this in English?

When I put people in charge of a task, I give them my rules (like you have). I give them what I expect, and I let them run with it aslong as they keep to my rules (like you have), But I also dont ride their ass on something that I put them there  because I thought they would be the best for the job, I give them the tools of Leeway and Discression, I dont butt in till something really bad is about to go down. Im sure Ed/1GR trust your judgement. You would not be here if they did not. Im also sure that if you decided to run things alittle different they would be good with that also...(I see you seem to be running things a little different, which Im sure they are good with, but it seems to me that you are getting a good amount of good people that are less than happy with the situation. So what are you really getting done?).

just my .02
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 10:52:39 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe These?

Now where exactly in the COC did it say this was not Hometown material.

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:17:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:21:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:30:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:31:49 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe These?

Now where exactly in the COC did it say this was not Hometown material.

A response was given by JAFO in another thread about that very same question.  

Are you making any assumptions on who moved the thread and why? I have no idea. Perhaps the original poster made the request to move them there.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=15&t=207380

Do you know that it was moved because it wasn't HTF material?  

Is it possible it was moved at Klinks request?  Perhaps to give his work more exposure?

There was shit thrown around about RSCoyotes "What is a 50s chey worth????" thread being moved out of HTF right up until he said that he asked JAFO to move it.

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:36:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:46:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:52:00 AM EDT
[#31]
So this Washingtonian, Oregonian, and a Canadian walk into a bar....
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:54:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:59:20 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Provide the punch line or I'll ask 1GR to show you something funny.

The first one passes out, the second one cries, the third one ducks!!!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:20:54 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

You forgot the Texan and his red goat!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:44:28 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And the Californian that never show'd up.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:47:41 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then the Hippy with the Politically Correct Rifle from '00 that got the whole bar shut down and moved to a different town.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:36:53 PM EDT
[#37]

mmmmm........so......this is what happens when I don't venture here that often......

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:01:14 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:31:28 PM EDT
[#39]
To avoid a locked post in the future, just make sure that you are posting in a certified Washington thread.  Look for the label on the package.

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:09:00 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
To avoid a locked post in the future, just make sure that you are posting in a certified Washington thread.  Look for the label on the package.

That is awesome!

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:51:32 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is awesome!

Man, someone should use that in their icon pic!
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:58:43 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

It's not that good, but hey, you seem to need one.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:00:51 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's not that good, but hey, you seem to need one.

Ummmm....
Looks like you might need one too?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:04:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Nah. Mine is fine the way it is.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:37:01 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:40:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:56:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:02:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:33:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Quite the lively thred...We all should meet for beer n food
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top