Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2003 9:58:35 AM EDT
I can't believe I did it, but I let my carry permit lapse.  I was positive I was good till '04 but NOOOOOOO, expired in August.  Now I have to wait SIX WEEKS to legally carry again.  If you haven't thought about it in a while, do yourself a favor and check your experation date.

Edited because I can't spell either!
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 4:19:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Beowulf,

The last time I renewed my ccw(3/11/99), the sheriff's office told me that there was a grace period of approx 2 months after the expiration date. You may want to call and see if this policy is still in effect.

Matt
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 10:18:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Six weeks?

It took me 15 minutes to get my permit.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 3:00:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Maybe it's up to the Sheriff?  I asked if my permit was still valid until the new one came in and the answer was negative.  I can't complain about the Sheriff, since he signs off on my NFA stuff while I wait.  I have to go through the whole thing again, two references and all.  I asked the deputy if this was because I had let it lapse and he said no, that everyone needed to go through it now.  I don't remember this from the last time I renewed so maybe something has changed.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 11:56:45 AM EDT
[#4]
In Philly it took me 9 weeks!

I'm lucky, it used to be a SIX month wait!!

Philly is getting better.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 5:03:09 PM EDT
[#5]
My Sheriff sends me a renewal notice a few weeks ahead of time.  It gets renewed while I wait through the National Instant Background Check System.  He signs for my NFA stuff too, I guess I'm just lucky.
Mario_FAMOInc
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 6:08:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm in Delaware County. The sheriff signed my form 4 after talking for 30 minutes about fishing, camping and mutual friends. I dropped my carry permit at the fuel pump and, by the time I arrived home and called the gas station, someone had picked it up. The next day I was at the court house. I was subjected to the same background investigation as any renewal applicant. 5-6 week wait! The permit I dropped was good 'till 2005. Lucky for me, the nice lady that found it mailed it back to me the following week. The sherrif's dept. cancelled the New application and said I'll be getting reimbursed the fees.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 1:14:07 AM EDT
[#7]
I live in Philly and it took me about a month, which I guess is fast cause I`ve heard about a six month wait.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 2:12:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Up to six months with an expired license my friend.  Read your laws, alla

www.packing.org
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 5:14:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Open Carry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top