Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2006 8:41:24 AM EDT
I use several diffrent computers all in diffrent locations and FREQUENTLY, in fact almost everytime I try to post, reply, or even look at a thread on ARFcom, that fckng "cannot be displayed" message comes up....it's even more pissing to answer, press submit, and recieve the message of doom, because whatever you typed is now GONE.
I can't be the only person with this problem, so what's the answer?
Will renewing my membership eliminate this problem??
Many of us have come to call this website home, but if it's dis-functional, it's no home.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:17:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Yup...I get the same thing.  I always thought it was my stone age computer.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:00:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I've never had that problem.

When I write a really long message, I tend to select it and hit Ctrl+C just in case. A lot of web boards will time out on you and erase your message so its better to play it safe on long ones.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:22:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I've never had that problem.

When I write a really long message, I tend to select it and hit Ctrl+C just in case. A lot of web boards will time out on you and erase your message so its better to play it safe on long ones.

No, timeing out isn't an issue. Here of late I have been copying the text in case it dumps.
All the computers mentioned are <5yrs old running XP, XPprofessional, and Windows 2000 professional. I suspect it's really a bandwidth/server slot issue. The "falfiles" had similar issues a few years back until they upgraded everything, including their server farm.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top