Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2006 4:01:05 PM EDT
If any of you are interested, I am organizing a 4x4 ride/Camping trip at The wildlife refuge in Decatur. We are doing this on Feb. 25-26. Everyone is welcome. At the moment, there are about 4 of us going.

GhostCat

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:20:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Think my old dodge would make it? If I can Ken & I will be there.  Ghostcats' good people to be around folks, (long as size doesn't intimidate you).

Rk
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:01:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Are Louisiana residents welcome?  That is my B'day weekend, but I could probably go.

Will there be any shooting activities on this campout?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:57:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Everyone is Welcome.....I don't think you can shoot on the Wildlife Refuge though I might be wrong.

axl....Not sure about the Dodge....I've never been riding there. I'm organizing this but the other guys who are going recommended we go to the Decatur Wildlife Refuge.....I never knew you could ride there but they say they ride there all the time and its a great place to ride......but I don't know how rough it is......I'm sure you could make it, especially since all us 4X4 are going,,,,.......we could always pull you out.

GhostCat
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:30:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Are there any ladies going?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:14:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Are there any ladies going?

None that I am aware of but as I said earlier, Everyone is welcome.......I tried to get my wife to go but shes not interested in camping....

GhostCat
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:21:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:21:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Saw Ken  last night (also sold him a couple of guns), he's off, wants to go.

rk
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:48:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If any of you are interested, I am organizing a 4x4 ride/Camping trip at The wildlife refuge in Decatur. We are doing this on Feb. 25-26. Everyone is welcome. At the moment, there are about 4 of us going.

i15.photobucket.com/albums/a368/Ghostkitten1/NISSAN_4X4_18.jpg

GhostCat

Sounds interesting.  Is this the Wheeler Wildlife refuge?  If so, where can you wheel there?

What's your definition of "4x4"?

Thanks,

Merlin

ETA:  Madison, AL here.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:44:24 PM EDT
[#9]
axl.....I would love for you and ken to come along....that would be great....

Merlin....yes, I believe it is Wheeler Wildlife refuge......I'm Like you, I didn't know you could ride there either.....The other guys who are going live in huntsville and they have ridin there several times......

Here is a link to the forums where we are organizing this:
Click Here

Here is a link to some pics of the Wildlife Refuge:
Click Here

Ghostcat
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:37:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Find a quiet place for me, I'm beyond the adventure stage except by accident. I didn't know you could camp there. Permits?

rk
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:19:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Yall let us know if you ever want to do some real 4X4ing.....we'll be here....

http://www.rocketcityrockcrawlers.com/

Check out the club forum, we have public rides as well as invitation only.  I have been all over Swan Creek WMA, and I couldnt find any 4X4 areas, only dirt roads.  I may have missed something, and I'll admit its been quite a few years since I wandered around out there.  There is a shooting range out there where I go every now and then.

Doc Elliott, Pres RCRC 4X4 club
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:20:40 PM EDT
[#12]
bamatoy....yeah, I've been to the RocketCityRockcrawler website many times.....Ya'll have a very nice club.....unfortunately, I'm not in ya'lls league......I'd love to have a rockcrawler but Ain't got the funds........The 'ole Nissan is basically stock except for big tires and a 3" suspension lift.

So does anybody have any other suggestions as to where to go?????......cause I ain't all that sure about the Wildlife refuge.....and its not set in stone as to where we are going.
Any other suggestions are welcome......we are just wanting to have a good ride (not too complicated) and a nice place to camp........

GhostCat
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:23:05 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Yall let us know if you ever want to do some real 4X4ing.....we'll be here....

http://www.rocketcityrockcrawlers.com/

Check out the club forum, we have public rides as well as invitation only.  I have been all over Swan Creek WMA, and I couldnt find any 4X4 areas, only dirt roads.  I may have missed something, and I'll admit its been quite a few years since I wandered around out there.  There is a shooting range out there where I go every now and then.

Doc Elliott, Pres RCRC 4X4 club

Hot linked RCRC site:

RCRC site

Ghostcat, why don't you join us for our Feb. meeting, first Thursday of the month, USMC Reserve Center, S. Parkway service rod. 7 PM?  We'll probably discuss this ride at that meeting.  Sounds interesting and don't worry about "leagues".

Thanks,

Merlin
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:49:31 AM EDT
[#14]
what if you don't have a 4x4?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:18:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Beetle....you could always ride with me if ya'd like.........

Merlin and Alabamatoy.......thank you both for the invites.....Actually I think I may come to your meeting in FEB. I work in huntsville so I can just swing by after work....and maybe ya'll have a better place for us to ride and camp cause I'm not real sure about the WWRefuge.

Also, I enjoyed the PICS of that nissan on your website.....man, he really tore up his steering.....
My nissan is still on jackstands and I'm having trouble getting the lift installed......I'm replacing the upper ball joints and the old ones are very hard to get off......I only have one-day per week to work on it (Sunday).....and getting the existing bushings out of the upper control arm is nearly impossible......do ya''ll know of anybody who has an air hammer?......

P.S.....also, maybe we can get together and shoot some ARs as well.......

GhostCat......
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:07:42 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Beetle....you could always ride with me if ya'd like.........

Merlin and Alabamatoy.......thank you both for the invites.....Actually I think I may come to your meeting in FEB. I work in huntsville so I can just swing by after work....and maybe ya'll have a better place for us to ride and camp cause I'm not real sure about the WWRefuge.

Also, I enjoyed the PICS of that nissan on your website.....man, he really tore up his steering.....
My nissan is still on jackstands and I'm having trouble getting the lift installed......I'm replacing the upper ball joints and the old ones are very hard to get off......I only have one-day per week to work on it (Sunday).....and getting the existing bushings out of the upper control arm is nearly impossible......do ya''ll know of anybody who has an air hammer?......

P.S.....also, maybe we can get together and shoot some ARs as well.......

GhostCat......

Let me pass around the air hammer question around the club and see.

Ummm, we don't shoot AR's in THIS club.....much!AR Shootout

Merlin

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:02:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Kewl.....yeah we have chopped down a tree or two as well.......but I must say, the AKs will take a tree down alot quicker than the ARs........but I love'em both....
You guys sound like my kinda people......4x4'ing and shooting guns......all in one trip.....
Count Me in!!!!!!!

GhostCat
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:06:15 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Beetle....you could always ride with me if ya'd like.......

thanks.  I'm going to check my (wife's) calendar.  [T -5.. 4.. 3.. ..until alaman comments..]  I've only been camping once this winter.  long overdue
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:27:57 AM EDT
[#19]
GhostCat,  be real careful  taking guns onto the Wheeler Refuge or you might find yourself with a new bunk buddy named "Bubba".    Guns are a big time no-no out there except for when they have a hunt, then it's normally muzzle loaders only.

Rick
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:39:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Thanks for the heads up, Rick.....yeah, I wasn't anticipating this being a shooting event.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:07:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Hey kitty-kitty,

If I have the axle installed in the Bronco, I'll be there.  If not, I don't think the Wrangler will make it on much of a ride.  Got 31's on it but no lift.

You still don't have your lift installed??  I've got an air chisel, don't know if that would help but you are welcome to it.  Give me a call and let me know.

And I haven't forgotten about Appollo, just haven't had time to get a fence up.  I am about to just go to pet depot and buy him a pen so I can get him back home.

Talk to ya soon,
James
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top