Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2012 4:49:12 PM EDT
they have 10/22 takedowns for $279.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:07:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Me too they have talked many times about putting one in my town...
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:43:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I am still not on board. They are quite a bit more expensive and I think I would rather have a high quality folding stock.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:47:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I am still not on board. They are quite a bit more expensive and I think I would rather have a high quality folding stock.

They are a little pricey but they lock up tight as a Swiss watch with minimal effort.

td
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 11:04:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I was among the initial employees hired on Bass Pro Shop's "Sportsman's Warehouse" located in Duluth, GA (original location, located between Pleasant Hill and Steve Reynolds).  In fact, I was hired before the store actually opened.  Despite working there, on and off during high school and college, I remain a loyal Cabela's fan.  Cabela's has always had a better selection of duck hunting equipment and I think that Cabela's "brand" clothing is better  quality.  Even though BPS is less than a mile from my house, I can count on one hand the amount of times I have graced their doors over the last year.

For years, BPS locations were located east of the Mississippi and Cabela's on the west.   Not sure if it is true, but while  I was an employee at BPS, I was  told that there was a gentleman's agreement between John L. Morris (BPS founder) and Dick Cabela to keep such retail locations in those geographic locations.  Obviously, that is not true today because Cabela's now has locations in Delaware, Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, Maine, and Pennsylvania.  To this day, there is only one Cabela's retail outlet in the "true" Southeast, located in Gonzales, LA.  Bass Pro has the SE region locked up, having locations in Atlanta, GA, Birmingham and Mobile, AL, Jackson, MS, and multiple locations in Florida and Tennessee.  

Maybe down the road, we'll have Cabela's near us in Georgia, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Re,
~WC~
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:48:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Driving to Pennsylvania last month I passed a billboard in Bristol Tenn/Va that said that a new Cabela's was coming. I checked it online. Here's a story about the new store.

Cabela's opening in Bristol Va.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:32:39 AM EDT
[#6]
But is the customer service better at Cabelas than at BPS? Because I hate having to go to BPS and trying to get someone to help me.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:11:34 AM EDT
[#7]
When I lived in Minnesota I was near a Cabelas (Rogers, MN location) and it was nice.  Sometimes I'd go up there just to eat in the cafeteria.

Maybe they could open a Cabelas on the south side of Atlanta.  I hate having to drive over 50 miles each way to get to the Macon BPS.  Come to think of it, they should build a REI in Peachtree City too!
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:24:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Me too they have talked many times about putting one in my town...

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/print-edition/2012/04/06/cabelas-plans-expansion-into-southeast.html?page=all
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:23:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
But is the customer service better at Cabelas than at BPS? Because I hate having to go to BPS and trying to get someone to help me.

Not at all Cabelas is a complete failure in that department . I waited over 390 minutes in one to look at a gun . They have a take a number thing. It never moved in 30 minutes , the employees all stood in the corner and talked to each other . I will go in and look at used guns . I would not go out of my way even a mile for the Cabelas shopping experience
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:35:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Cabela's was going to put a store in Adairsville a few years back but backed out.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:42:18 PM EDT
[#11]
me too, I shop Cabelas and Sportsmansguide more than any other outdoors store.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:55:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Cabela's was going to put a store in Adairsville a few years back but backed out.

Yeah they were back in 2006ish it also was going to be a southeast Distribution Center. Would have worked but alas they didn't even get dirt moved.

Last I heard the state wanted Cabelas to collect sales tax on every product shipped out of the DC didn't matter if they buyer was in Texas or Florida they wanted the sales tax. Cabelas said No thanks.  

That along with other reasons is why supposedly Cabelas didn't follow through.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top