Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2004 9:10:48 AM EDT
Locally the report will be on KTAR, MONDAY.

Got a call this am from an ABC radio guy. I cringed when I saw the (212) origin of the call.

In my inimitable style I ranted for about 30 seconds regarding the Nightline debacle and pled with the guy to NOT put idiots from California, MA, NY or some other Commie state on to comment on this Sunset, their opinion being IRRELEVANT because nothing will change in thier state due to state level AWBs.

In other words, tell that batty-eyelid Chief Bratton to STFU.

He gave me his word that the interview would be done "straight" and requested that I stop swearing so he wouldnt have to edit too much out.

(grin, sorry folks, I was incensed)

He also apologized for the TV guys, but explained that he's a Radio guy and that it wasnt his department.

He seemed to know more than the TV guy did about weapons.

I gave a good interview, only about 5 questions. I was cogent, relevant, technically and legally accurate and kept my soapboxing to a minimum.

Maybe we'll get a fair shake on this one.

D.
AZEX

After watching Nightline and seeing all the machine guns on there, I was so incensed that I rewrote the whole AZEX homepage to reflect it.

The News Director who called me from NYC balked that I'd have a problem with them sending out a camera crew so I could explain what would become legal again on Monday.

THEN THE DIRTY BASTARDS PUT FULL AUTO GUNS ALL OVER AND TRY TO ASSOCIATE THE AWB WITH THOSE!

Agenda-driven assclowns!

It was nice to see my home page on the news, evening and Nightline.

D.
AZEX       www.azexarms.com

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:15:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I was watching it and saw that, I told my brother, "Hey, that were my FAL is right now, Cool".

They did everything they could last night to link the AWB to machine guns, and that police chief has been doing that in every interview he does, he keeps calling them machine guns, and 40% of the population will believe it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:05:19 PM EDT
[#2]
... Good going Derek!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:07:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's to free advertising and publicity at the expense of the anti's!  

Mike
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:20:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I like what you had to say Derek, These damn sheeples need to be educated.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:52:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Now you can use the term "As seen on TV" .
Or
AZEXARMS, the choich of ABC Television.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:07:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Now you can use the term "As seen on TV" .
Or
AZEXARMS, the choich of ABC Television.

Haha.

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:18:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I am some how not surprised at all that they ignored the truth and pushed the total BS of the gun grabbers.
Hey D, I wonder how long that last tube of silver solder will sit on the bench collecting dust?

If I made silver solder I'd push for the ban to be re-upped.$
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:49:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Funny you should say that.

Other smiths/manufacturers who make proprietary products...

HK fake hiders, Galil Muzzle brakes, were whining and carping that there WOULD be another ban...

...because the sales of their products depended on it.

I, on  the other hand, have been saying for  3 years that the will to commit political suicide did not exist in Congress and made stuff like Galil Gas Pistons and 1919 optics mounts which were NOT dependant on the AWB to sustain sales.

Muah! for me!

D.
AZEX
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:08:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:01:49 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I am some how not surprised at all that they ignored the truth and pushed the total BS of the gun grabbers.
Hey D, I wonder how long that last tube of silver solder will sit on the bench collecting dust?

There'll always be folks who want 14.5" barrels but need a 1.5"+ flash suppressor permanently attached.  

Mike
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:15:37 AM EDT
[#11]

And Democrats — many convinced that the ban's passage cost them at least 20 seats in Congress in the 1994 elections and that Al Gore's support for gun-control measures cost him the presidency in 2000 — largely have backed away from pushing gun control.

The one shred of truth in that article.

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:44:51 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There'll always be folks who want 14.5" barrels but need a 1.5"+ flash suppressor permanently attached.  

Mike

I think I may be one of them, I've got one of thos 14.5 with a cavcomp=16.000001.
Can you say vortex?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:07:15 PM EDT
[#13]
will somone please find the original two threads like this and link them here.?

Apparently I'm too stupid to tag my own posts. I shall do so in the future.

Thanks!

D.
AZEX
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:24:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:49:36 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
will somone please find the original two threads like this and link them here.?

Apparently I'm too stupid to tag my own posts. I shall do so in the future.

Thanks!

D.
AZEX

These two?

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=272854

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=272461
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top