Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2004 8:11:40 AM EDT
Hello everyone.
Are there any jobs around the reno area in the computer field. I am a Sun/pc hardware guy. I am looking for a way out of California. Hell, I am willing to change proffesions if I had to. I am just sick and tired of the gun laws here. I was looking at oregon but I believe nevada may be a better freedom state.???
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:42:21 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Hello everyone.
Are there any jobs around the reno area in the computer field. I am a Sun/pc hardware guy. I am looking for a way out of California. Hell, I am willing to change proffesions if I had to. I am just sick and tired of the gun laws here. I was looking at oregon but I believe nevada may be a better freedom state.???

Absolutely.  IGT (slot machines) has computer related jobs, as does the Sierra Nevada Corp (defense).   Sometime DRI has computer openings, and there may be other small companies in this area.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:50:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Keep in mind that while jobs in Nevada may not pay as much as similar positions in Kaleefonya, we have a lower cost of living and no state income tax.
Computer stuff is all over. We have lots of industry (companies that left to avoid Cali's taxes), and hell, worst case scenario, you could work at Best Buy just selling computers.
Try some companies like IGT, Bally's, Bently Nevada/ GE, and see what comes up.
Good luck!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:46:48 PM EDT
[#3]
you can find some computer related jobs in reno, but dont come to vegas.  I have a degree in CS, and can get crap here.  Im working on a tech managment degree now, but i am probably gonna have to leave vegas to get a job int eh computer field.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top