Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/9/2005 3:54:36 PM EDT
Probably grade 4, maybe 3. I might even buy the whole damn cow. I'd like for the seller to also be the butcher. Doesn't matter where in AZ.

Anyone here know anyone who is reliable and safe for this new experience for me? I want someone who can really sit me down and walk me through the steps, possibilities, yields, etc. Ideally, a local farmer who has the aging facilities, or at least a local plant where I can sit and chat about prices and options.

I'm doing some searching on the Net, but I much prefer someone here who can recommend someone. I always believe in word of mouth advertising, supporting the locals, and being able to walk in with confidence.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:45:11 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:23:08 PM EDT
there is a butcher down in Queen Creek on Brooks farm road. Thats all i rember. You coukd talk to the guys at "Mid Western", here in mesa. Wait what am I thinking....... How about the rancher out East of town?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 1:06:41 PM EDT
Richard try this place Von Hanson's. They are at 2390 N. Alma School in Chandler. I found them in the coupon adds.

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:15:58 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:56:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By richardh247:
Probably grade 4, maybe 3. I might even buy the whole damn cow. I'd like for the seller to also be the butcher. Doesn't matter where in AZ.

Anyone here know anyone who is reliable and safe for this new experience for me? I want someone who can really sit me down and walk me through the steps, possibilities, yields, etc. Ideally, a local farmer who has the aging facilities, or at least a local plant where I can sit and chat about prices and options.

I'm doing some searching on the Net, but I much prefer someone here who can recommend someone. I always believe in word of mouth advertising, supporting the locals, and being able to walk in with confidence.

Just curious, why?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:58:23 PM EDT
Why not?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:21:39 AM EDT
Dace,

The overall price per pound is less than store-bought meat. But it is fresher, aged correctly, and you can pick and choose the cuts you want. Depending on the grade of beef you get, you don't get the steroids and such that cause all the fat, so it is more healthy for you, as well.

All that aside, I was looking for an entire cow, actually. I was going to throw a BBQ for the AFRCOM and AZShooting crews when the weather cools, just for shits and giggles.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:24:40 AM EDT
BTT... still looking for alternative suggestions. No such thing as TMI.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:31:42 PM EDT
IMO, you'd be better off getting a couple of cases of Natural Beef from one of the beef shops. That way you'd get your hormone free meat, and only the middle meat cuts. (Ribeyes and maybe Shortloins which you cut your T-bone from)

If you were to find someone who would sell you a side you'd only get one ribeye and Shortloin and be stuck with a lot of end cuts that are not ideal for the average consumer.

Top Top