Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2005 4:27:32 AM EDT
I think if I just start posting everyfuckingthing in Team nobody has to put themselves out reviewing what I post, and then nobody has to do anything with it.

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:56:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Tell me about it !
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:58:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:35:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:14:02 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Or... you could use a little common sense in posting and not have to get worked up enough to post these whiny threads.

What about common sense in moderating?  Its a two way street.  

There were a handful (6-8) of WA state ARFCommers talking about the thread topic over lunch prior to its creation.  It had context and relevancy to the group here, and was the basis for a lengthly discussion away from this forum.

No sooner  than the topic gets created then the moderator locks it.  With very little reason if any, and with no consideration to the people particpating in the hometown forum.

Its getting to be commonplace around here and it undermines the community.  Its really starting to get irritating.  My advise would be to stop trying to be some type of 'uber moderator' and start participating in the discussions or activities away from the board.  People are much more enjoyable in real life.

<turns on his moderator PMS detector>
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:21:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Jafo,

I'm not one to poke mods, I know you have a tuff job and get no love for it. Perhaps you thought other readers in General might get interest out of Cav's experience with Ferett's company.

But I would -never- want info about my weapons switched to the General Forum. Please.

If I post about one of them in HT, it is because I have met most of those who would reply. Questions about parts, funtion, competitions, ammo, etc, is posted here for a reason, security.

I hope you'll understand.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:31:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:33:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:18:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:36:09 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
So how about those Seattle Mariners?.......................

Ya think they'll pull it off this year?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:40:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:54:19 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
So how about those Seattle Mariners?.......................

Ya think they'll pull it off this year?

If so and so can stay healthy, I think they'll have a shot..............

Well, whats-his-name's pitching seems to slowed down as the season goes on, but they have a 3 game series against that one team. and he pitches really well against them.  of course, you know who is injured right now, so they are short a clean up hitter.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:09:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:14:30 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I do like the beers at the games though.............

I dunno 9 bucks for a beer at a Mariners game...or 3 bucks at a Rainers game....plus, yer guaranteed to see at least 3 fights...one on the field, one in the stands, and one between the field and the stands....PLUS, nobod gets ejected!

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:33:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Minor league games are just more fun. In Everett, they do RC car races and pitching contests between innings, throw hotdogs into the stands, have contests for the kids. It's as much fun as the game.

ETA: I'm kinda insulted that I haven't been directly called a whiner yet, even though I have certainly earned it. I need a reference for my Whiner merit badge.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:47:45 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Minor league games are just more fun. In Everett, they do RC car races and pitching contests between innings, throw hotdogs into the stands, have contests for the kids. It's as much fun as the game.

ETA: I'm kinda insulted that I haven't been directly called a whiner yet, even though I have certainly earned it. I need a reference for my Whiner merit badge.

Yer not a whiner...but you are a weaner!
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:53:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Sounds like a plan CavVet.  Although I won't be able to see them there soon.  

I noticed the Seafair/Blue Angels over Lake Washington thread got moved to GD.  Gee, doesn't seem to get more HOMETOWN than pictures taken at a local event.  So I guess the LCR pics and recap will go in GD too?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:10:49 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is there a merit badge for that?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:30:32 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is there a merit badge for that?

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:32:02 PM EDT
[#19]
My ass hurts!!!!!!
Is that a hometown issue (NO I DON'T LIVE IN ENUMCLAW)...Or is it that the "Great State" of Washington is screwing me on taxes? Somebody bitch slap GregWHORE for me!!!
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:32:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:36:19 PM EDT
[#21]
So, there I was. . . completely surrounded my midget Irishmen after "me Lucky Charms". . .

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 2:54:36 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
So, there I was. . .

on the DMZ with nothing buy my trusty M16 and an MRE Cracker....
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:14:46 PM EDT
[#23]
There I was.  Surrounded by liberals.  They were hungry and looking at me.  I was smerking.  What did I just tell them?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:26:46 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
There I was.  Surrounded by liberals.  They were hungry and looking at me.  I was smerking.  What did I just tell them?

You farted, and took responsibility for it instead of blaming everyone else or GW
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:47:27 PM EDT
[#25]
"Yeah...I'm a fag"
Barney Frank (fag)
Gomer Pyle
Rock Hudson
Truman Capote
Hillary Clinton
Janet Reno
Richard Simmons
Gloria Allred
Dan Rather
Michael MooreON
Hanoi Jane Fonda
IBTL
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:56:09 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Hint: I was at McScarf & Barf.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:07:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:32:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Anyone want to buy a couple of Mariners tickets and an SNS lower?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:32:48 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Or... you could use a little common sense in posting and not have to get worked up enough to post these whiny threads.

Im glad you brought up common sense. Are you out to prove it isnt so common???

We have two mods, but only one of them is hellbent on locking threads every damn day. This is the second thread where a plethora of active posters and participants have said the same, but it seems you just dont get it. This isnt Arizona and we are not run amuck. All this jackbootmoderating isnt necessary, unless its your intention to kill WA hometown, or at least drag it down to a crawl.

Quoted:
You making it to this shoot or just worried for everyone else?

You can park that non-participant shit on the curb. In July, WA Arfcommers had 4 shoots and one gunshow meet. Each shoot had over a dozen shooters. There were so many of us at the gunshow, we plugged the cross ailes with a mob of about 20, all arfcommers. Following each shoot there was a repast and refreshments. There were different people at each shoot. We had people drive over 80 miles one way.  You werent at any of them.

fwiw, you win Jafo. Im not the only one who sees it. You obviously have a hardon for my threads. I just wont start anymore threads in Hometown.  

Oh yeah.........IBTL

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:36:45 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Jafo,

I'm not one to poke mods, I know you have a tuff job and get no love for it. Perhaps you thought other readers in General might get interest out of Cav's experience with Ferett's company.

But I would -never- want info about my weapons switched to the General Forum. Please.

If I post about one of them in HT, it is because I have met most of those who would reply. Questions about parts, funtion, competitions, ammo, etc, is posted here for a reason, security.

I hope you'll understand.

The thread was not moved. It was simply locked because it was a duplicate of a topic on page one of this forum.

What no monoploy!!!!!!!! geez
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:40:34 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I do like the beers at the games though.............

I dunno 9 bucks for a beer at a Mariners game...or 3 bucks at a Rainers game....plus, yer guaranteed to see at least 3 fights...one on the field, one in the stands, and one between the field and the stands....PLUS, nobod gets ejected!

hr

UFC Cricket w/ beer ..........thats easy
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:44:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:48:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:55:08 AM EDT
[#34]
/flame on
All I can say is don't use 'referrent or general power' as a cop out for rude behavior.  Furthermore, this forum is tame as it gets.  Give somethingawful or genmay.com a try if simple arfcom posts among friends hurt your delicate sensibilities.

In addition (yet another prepositional phrase), if you don't want to attend group functions, get to know the people here, or share in the forums topical discussions while choosing to and play uber moderator...expect to be perceived as a jackass.
/flame off

IBTL

BTW....anyone for a BBQ tailgate party this weekend in Puyallup?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:29:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:35:10 AM EDT
[#36]

Damn.  I gotta work!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 12:16:19 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Damn.  I gotta work!

I'm gonna be working the Oly Table on Sunday.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 3:01:07 PM EDT
[#38]
WhoooHooooo - Da_Bunny speculs on 9mm AR15's!

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 3:51:55 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

TAKE IT TO EE!!!!

Where I would look for a real good deal on an OA93
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 3:59:34 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top