User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2005 2:14:00 PM EDT
...and they're voting!

Dead voted in governor's race

Why is this NOT surprising.

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 2:21:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Dont be such a jerk....

We have given the Black population the right to vote....

We have given Women the right to vote.....

But you want to take away the right of the Dead to vote?....

Shame on you!...
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 2:40:59 PM EDT
[#2]
If we can vote more than once, whats wrong with dead peeps?
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 3:32:20 PM EDT
[#3]

+

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 3:35:25 PM EDT
[#4]
you know, I don't consider myself to be prejudice, but....

Those damn dirty zombies don't belong here! Always leaving rotting pieces of their flesh laying around. And do ya think they'd pick up after themselves...NOOOOO...don't even get me started!
They probably voted for gregwaah anyway. Damn liberal walking corpses!
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:30:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for finding this article. I'm gonna pass it around.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:52:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Do Zombie votes count?
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:25:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Do Zombie votes count?

They did!
Not if we get a recount though.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:15:24 PM EDT
[#8]
WHOLLY SHIT!
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:06:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:10:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
sht, we already know that liberals are brain dead. This is news?

Well, they're voting from beyond the grave now...

The truth is out there. So are the liberals.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 12:27:00 AM EDT
[#11]
now that explains alot. At least we know why they cant fill out the ballets correctly
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 12:45:12 AM EDT
[#12]
This has happened before in other places.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:29:17 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm sorry to say, that I am VERY fed up w/ this now.  Some people I know say the law was followed to the letter (in regards to the recount and if it's under 2000 votes and so forth).

This is what I was thinking about writing to the local newspaper editor:

Editor-

You can make one group of registered voters happy some of the time or you can make the other group of registered voters happy the rest of the time, but you will never make all of the registered voters happy all the time.

I have lost faith in the system.

I remember, in school, long ago, when we took those tests that were read by machine, we were TOLD to make sure the bubble was filled in completely.  Not a light mark, not a circle next to it, not a "mark" next to the line or bubble, NOT ANYTHING.  It had to be filled in completely.  We were also told not to make stray marks as the machine might get "confused".  Then, sometimes, some teachers went through the answer sheets making sure we filled it in correctly, and if something was marked, "our intent" (weather or not we actually ment to mark it or were just pointing at it w/ the pencil) was decided by that mark....and the circle filled.  For all they knew, we were just pointing at that spot or dropped the pencil or were marking INCORRECT answers.  People deciding intent, seem to assume that a mark by the line, means the person supported that choice.  What if that person marked it because it was the one they did not support, as in marking the "incorrect' answer?!

Maybe, there should be an added line to each voting section/race.  The box that says, "ABSTAIN"; aka- "I, the voter, choose not to vote in this race".  Granted, some people may not know what 'abstain'  means (sad, but all so true), but if marked, it would mean the voter choose not to vote for that race.  Trying to decide "intent" would be easier if this line was added- no one would try to be interprating stray marks.  

Have we forgotten, that as voters, not making a choice in the selection given is a choice in its self?  Or do some people find it "appaling" that someone would choose NOT to vote and that their "intent" has to be decided on mear marks on the ballot???  I don't find it "appaling", as there are THOUSANDS of people who have not choosen to vote (ie they have not registered).  So  if I, as a voter, decide to vote for some issues/races, but not others, it is my right.  If I make marks on my ballot, I DO NOT WANT SOMEONE TRYING TO INTERPRET WHAT I MENT.

If you don't fill in any box/circle for that race/issue, then it should be understood you choose not to vote on that race/issue.  If the voter marked near something, it should not be interpreted.  Everyone knows what happens when you *assUme*.

Sincerly,
Kaliburz

ps- This entire mess could be have been prevented by this last phrase: "Voters-follow the directions- fill in the box/circle correctly."
This election reminds me of 'two bit' elections that happen in third world countries....not to be picking on third world counttries.

I think I ranted......

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:16:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Ranted Yes, But well said!
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:38:09 PM EDT
[#15]
People have admitted to forgery by signing their dead spouses signature to the ballot.
Sorry but DURA LEX SED LEX punish accordingly.

DURA LEX SED LEX translated The law is hard but it is the law.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top