Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2005 5:03:18 AM EDT
I'm not selling it but I saw it at a used car dealership yesterday. I stopped by and talked to he guy. He said that in 2001, it went to the Army Depot and got a total rebuild. It is in GREAT Shape and in my opinion worth the money. I can't afford it but I thought I would pass it along to any here who might be interested.
The Truck is in Hartselle, AL. which is in North Alabama.
Phone Number is 256-773-5814

He wants $6000 for it

Thanks,
Ghostcat
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:48:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:17:12 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
How much did he want for it?

+1
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 11:02:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 11:06:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Be careful. They can be a maintenance nightmare if you don't have the set up to handle it.

Rk
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:06:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm not selling it but I saw it at a used car dealership yesterday. I stopped by and talked to he guy. He said that in 2001, it went to the Army Depot and got a total rebuild. It is in GREAT Shape and in my opinion worth the money. I can't afford it but I thought I would pass it along to any here who might be interested.
The Truck is in Hartselle, AL. which is in North Alabama.
Phone Number is 256-773-5814

He wants $6000 for it

Thanks,
Ghostcat

Still there?

Thanks,

Merlin
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 8:22:25 AM EDT
[#6]
You can get them at auction from governmentliquidation.com all the time.  Some are good deals and some aren't. Redstone has them from time to time and FT Campbell does too. Anniston has had some sell there also IIRC.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 5:26:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You can get them at auction from governmentliquidation.com all the time.  Some are good deals and some aren't. Redstone has them from time to time and FT Campbell does too. Anniston has had some sell there also IIRC.

You have to watch GL very carefully.  Even when you pick out and win a good one, there's no telling what will be taken off before you can pick yours up.

I've been watching Gl for about 4 months; I've yet to see a Deuce come up from Redstone.  Not saying it hasn't, just haven't seen one yet.  Montgomery is too far, as is FTC, to drive just to look one over.  And I'm not that much hurry to bid on one without seeing it.  If you see one, please let me know.

Merlin
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 6:41:51 PM EDT
[#8]
There were a couple in Meridianville several months ago.  I think I saw some in Tracy City Tennessee last year too.  Have you heard the old story about the guy in Tracy City that has the Willys Jeeps still in the crate?  That guy had a few Deuce and a Halfs the last time that I went by.  I haven't actually seen the Jeeps but I know people who have.  He used to sell them for $1500 each.  I don't know what they sell for now or if he even  has them anymore.  Next time that I go through Merridianville, I'll look for those 2 1/2 tons.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 2:37:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
There were a couple in Meridianville several months ago.  I think I saw some in Tracy City Tennessee last year too.  Have you heard the old story about the guy in Tracy City that has the Willys Jeeps still in the crate?  That guy had a few Deuce and a Halfs the last time that I went by.  I haven't actually seen the Jeeps but I know people who have.  He used to sell them for $1500 each.  I don't know what they sell for now or if he even  has them anymore.  Next time that I go through Merridianville, I'll look for those 2 1/2 tons.

I've been to Tracy City and have an e-mail from the guy about a Deuce he's selling.  Let's just say that our definition of "good condition" is not equal.  He didn't have any Deuce's that we could see from the road.

Thanks,

Merlin

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top