Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2006 9:04:57 PM EDT
Hi Californians,
I am building up a new plate carrier and I wanted your guys opinions. I am about to go out and purchase some pouches for my setup. In the pics I have two black triple mag pouches on my carrier but I decided not to go with black pouches and sell these. Right now the carrier has level IIIA soft amror attached to it . I have it setup so I can slip the whole unit over my head and it has two medium sapi plates.
My total cost so far for this project is:
1. Wasatch,shoulder pads,upgraded shoulder strap. $165
2. level IIIA soft armor.                                       $135
3. level III stand alone sapi plates.                        $259
                                                                  =     $559  
I am glad I went this route. I almost purchased one of those $60 dollar carriers to save money. I think I have built something up that will be around for years to come.

This is what I will be adding to the setup.
1. two tripple mag pouches.
2. one small/medium utility pouch on the chest.
3. water bladder carrier on the rear. to either hold the bladder or supplies

THE BIG ? IS:
what color should these pouches be.
woodland camo, OD green, brown, woddland digital...????[/red
I want to break up the color a bit.

What do you all think???
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:12:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Black is a very bad camo color.
What your camo of choice should also depends on you AO. The military want to save money and come out with one or two camo pattern for every part of the world. It may not be best suited for your area.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:19:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Ya I agree,
But this is a different situation. I already have an OD weesatch. For this setup I am not totally concerned about the matching my surroundings with this one. I just want to break up the color a bit. I was about to purchase digital woodland pouches but I thought I would ask your guys opinions. If I add the rear bladder carrier which basically covers the whole rear. A utility pouch on the chest and two triple mags pouches to the belly area in a different color you are ony going to see about 40% of the black vest I think. I also have another soft armor carrier thats OD green. that could break it up a bit maybe. I can even change out the shoulder pads to a different color.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:24:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Krylon spray paint is your best friend.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:29:44 PM EDT
[#4]
LOL, So true!!!

Quoted:
Krylon spray paint is your best friend.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:08:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top