Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2009 5:22:57 PM EDT
I am buying a Harley from a person in Alief Clodine area, off Dairy Ashford.
I don't have anybody I know with a motorcycle license and I let mine lapse a few years ago.  
I do not have access to a trailer suitable for hauling a bike.  Anyone know where I can rent a trailer?  Or does anyone know a route to get from Dairy Ashford/Bellaire to El Campo, TX that would steer me clear of highway patrol to get it home?  When I went to look at the bike the other night, Beasley, Kendleton area was swamped with blue and red lights.  I swear I passed 10 of them, each with someone pulled over.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 5:49:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Swing on through my city!  I need the stats.  

Just kidding, wish I could help you out with a trailer but I dont know anyone with one.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 5:57:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Not that I am a habitual lawbreaker, but I really really like this bike.  I am also fairly impatient lol.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 5:58:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Let your motorcycle license lapse?
How do you do that?  I thought once you got the M endorsement it was valid for the length of your drivers license.
ETA:  I believe if you're riding in a group you can pass it off as learning.  That's what i have heard, and i have no idea if it's true.

Frankly, i'd just ride the thing while obeying all laws.  Bring your truck insurance card along.  If you get pulled over explain yourself and show him the filled out Form 130-U, and your truck insurance.

I really don't think it's as big a deal as you think it is.

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 5:58:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
off Dairy Ashford.

Yo homey, you better bring a gun with you . . . . not a safe area.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 6:02:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Where do you live?

I have a trailer in DFW that you can use.  (free)

It's a 5'x8' with a 4' loading ramp.

Gene

Edit: never mind. I see you are in Houston.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 6:03:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
off Dairy Ashford.

Yo homey, you better bring a gun with you . . . . not a safe area.

Never leave home without it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 6:30:30 PM EDT
[#7]
get on google and find hwy 90a or fm 3013 and take either one all the way to Eagle Lake.  From Eage Lake take hwy 90a to altair and turn left on the hwy 71 and that will take you straight to El Campo
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:46:07 AM EDT
[#8]
see if the owner will deliver it if you give him a ride home and a 6-pack.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 8:08:42 AM EDT
[#9]
i could ride it home for ya
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:22:58 AM EDT
[#10]
There is alot of motorcycle riders on the road that are not legally licensed. If you can ride I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you feal rusty then rent a truck.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:44:41 AM EDT
[#11]
I've hauled one in a u-haul open top trailer (maybe 5x8).  Just make sure you run the tie downs to the frame of the trailer and not any hooks in those rusted/rotten floors.  They are not very high off the ground, so makes loading easier.  Get good tie downs.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 4:32:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
There is alot of motorcycle riders on the road that are not legally licensed. If you can ride I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you feal rusty then rent a truck.

I can ride, that isn't the problem.  The problem is the bike has Michigan tags on it.  The man I am buying it from has the signed title, but is selling it for a friend who hauled the bike down from Detroit a while back.  
I don't want to risk riding an out of state bike without a license.  Might give a suspicious cop reason to pull me over.  
Probably being paranoid and I will likely have no problems getting it home.  But just because your paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top