Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2010 3:17:18 PM EDT
.30-06, Lee or RCBS type, reloading set, one each (for those of you familiar with military nomenclature ) Anyone have some spares or should I just get them online?
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 3:44:31 PM EDT
there are a couple of stores in the metro that still carry reloading gear (OA, Basspro, H&H and a few others), might let your fingers do the walking and make a few call to see who has what dies and other supplies you're wanting.

if you're ordering off line you'll most likely find everything you're wanting in one place.

I like the lee deluxe die set (shell holder, full length, neck sizer and bullet seating die) $28 last I looked on midwayUSA, plus if you don't already have them, you'll need a case trimmer, you can get the lee pilot and cutter sets for approx $8 (they're slow but get the job done) and a champher tool for $2.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 3:46:33 PM EDT
If you can't find a set of .30-06 loading dies in a sporting goods store.... I do however own a No. 1 shellholder and have a turret press in my garage...
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 3:49:34 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DoubleARon:
If you can't find a set of .30-06 loading dies in a sporting goods store.... I do however own a No. 1 shellholder and have a turret press in my garage...

No. 1 shell holder, what brand is that?

I'm way too used to the No. 2 shell holder for the .473 case heads.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 5:11:23 PM EDT
Hornady.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 5:44:26 PM EDT
I now have in my midwayusa shopping cart (on stand by) a Lee case trimmer cutter, Lee delux 3-die set in '06 and a Lee chamfer and deburring tool... is there anything im forgetting before I hit order on this attractivly priced stuff??
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 6:23:44 PM EDT
Originally Posted By LARman0311:
I now have in my midwayusa shopping cart (on stand by) a Lee case trimmer cutter, Lee delux 3-die set in '06 and a Lee chamfer and deburring tool... is there anything im forgetting before I hit order on this attractivly priced stuff??

have a hand held primer tool?
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 6:25:48 PM EDT
Dern it!! the one thing Ive been wanting to get and I damn near forgot. Thanks ar_daddy
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 6:31:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/2/2010 6:35:54 PM EDT by Ndenway]

you need the 3006 pilot/gauge and case holder to go with the trimmer/cutter

optional is the lee fcd (factory crimp die), not really needed for most of your loading needs, but some bullet styles will experience a bit of bullet set back in an auto loader, the fcd helps to keep it in place

Link Posted: 6/2/2010 6:33:33 PM EDT
I got the case trimmer that has the big wood ball grip, or do i still need the pilot and stuff?
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 8:02:24 PM EDT
I got the case trimmer that has the big wood ball grip, or do i still need the pilot and stuff?

yep, it's a four part system, the pilot screws into the trimmer/cutter, the case holder screws onto the lock stud

midway part #s for the 06' are :

cutter/lock stud #476-992 $4.99
case length gage and shellholder #459-337 $4.49

then a champher tool to knock off the edge created by trimming, any brand will work the lee #389-104 is $2.79
other brands are a bit higher.

might double check those numbers, got'em from an old catalog

Link Posted: 6/3/2010 5:20:20 AM EDT
Those factory crimp dies, are those just to put the canalure in the bullet or to crimp the case to the bullet? I know that with me shootin '06 out of a semiauto id want a crimp.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 9:17:18 AM EDT
Those factory crimp dies, are those just to put the canalure in the bullet or to crimp the case to the bullet? I know that with me shootin '06 out of a semiauto id want a crimp.

crimp the case to the bullet,

the fcd will crimp the case into a bullet without a canalure too.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 10:00:33 AM EDT
I hope that you are getting dealer price. Or you at least go into Team and get the latest codes for savings............................
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 10:48:46 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Ndenway:

Not to hard or you will deform the bullet, it helps in auto loader keeps things from moving around
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 11:15:53 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ar_daddy:

Not to hard or you will deform the bullet, it helps in auto loader keeps things from moving around

yep, but if you shoot like me you'll never be able to tell the difference in accuracy

Link Posted: 6/3/2010 6:47:46 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ar_daddy:

yep, but if you shoot like me you'll never be able to tell the difference in accuracy

I can relate to this, I tend to enjoy the brass flying and the loud noise I am making.
Top Top