Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2014 2:49:57 AM EDT
I need help identifying this 30.06 rifle.  I bought when I turned 18 and was too stupid to research it before I painted it.  I had just turned 18 and wanted a sniper rifle.  Unfortunately I was smart enough to paint it correctly with quality paints and primers so I can't easily chip any off to get a look at the serial numbers.  I know that it's a Savage Arms rifle chambered in 30.06 with a newer style bolt.  It has a wood stock that is not checkered and what looks like Picatinny scope rails that are canted (rear is taller than the front) and no irons.  The serial number is hard to read through the paint but it either says E985236 or B985236.

Can anyone help me figure out the model and year as well as the approximate value?  Also what can be done to spruce it up a bit before selling it?  I haven't fired it since 2007.

Thank you

Dustin

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:01:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Its just an older basic model 110. They use to have a flat top rear ring on the receiver, they have since went to a round top. Not a lot of value in the old used Savage 110's, they are good old rifles though. You see a lot of them n gun shops and pawn shops in the $200-250 range in decent shape.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:03:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Detachable or internal magazine?
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:04:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Detachable or internal magazine?
View Quote

No, 5 round internal mag.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:05:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Its just an older basic model 110. They use to have a flat top rear ring on the receiver, they have since went to a round top. Not a lot of value in the old used Savage 110's, they are good old rifles though. You see a lot of them n gun shops and pawn shops in the $200-250 range in decent shape.
View Quote

I was asking $250 OBO to try and get rid of it as quickly as possible to pay some bills this week.  Am I asking too much?
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 11:02:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Your pretty much in line with what most will sell for.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 11:08:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Your pretty much in line with what most will sell for.
View Quote

Ok good, I didn't want to rip anyone off.  Now I just need someone to buy it before the end of the week haha.

Is there a way to tell whether it's a 110 or 111?  What's the difference?
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 2:07:36 AM EDT
[#7]
With the flat top rear ring and the plain uncheckered wood stock it should be the 110
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top