Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/12/2005 9:54:05 AM EDT
After seeing all the sh!t happen down in the south has made me check into my insurance coverage. I seem to be OK on the house but I need a separate policy for my guns. They are asking that any firearms over $1500 have an appraisal or show receipts, which I can’t find anymore.

Are there any gun shops in the metro that have enough knowledge in AR’s to give me an accurate value of some of my weapons.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:42:37 AM EDT
Go talk to Larry at the Gunstop, but I bet if it has to be written out on paper be prepared to pay for it perhaps? But it never hurts to ask.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:22:53 PM EDT
Do you think your AR is worth over $1500 replacement cost? Depends on the optics, I guess. You could always tell them it's worth $1499
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:45:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/13/2005 6:27:39 AM EDT by eagle308us]
The only reason it will go over that is because of the optics. My Leupold MR/T 1.5x5 with Larue mount is already half of the $1500. I got a good deal on the scope and could not pass it up. This will be a fun weekend.

Bottom line is IF something were to happen I want to be able to replace what I have. After talking with my insurance agent he suggested I get a replacement cost for anything that might get to $1500, including optics. After what has happened down south I figure it is not worth the risk.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:09:39 AM EDT
Colts are darn near that bone stock.

Before everyone jumps me I don't make the prices.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:58:21 PM EDT

Why not simply go with a company that doesn't require so much hassle or individual scheduling and appraisals?

Historic Firearms comes highly recommended by the guys in the Class III world. Their FAQ even claims they'll cover KABOOMS. Great for those guys who shoot Glocks and HKs!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:07:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By back40:
Why not simply go with a company that doesn't require so much hassle or individual scheduling and appraisals?

Historic Firearms comes highly recommended by the guys in the Class III world. Their FAQ even claims they'll cover KABOOMS. Great for those guys who shoot Glocks and HKs!

Owww....

::cackles madly::
Top Top