Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2003 7:57:18 PM EDT
the gun range that is closest to me has issued new policy abuot rapid fire. We cant have more than 3 round bursts, no firing from the hip, and the only thing we are allowed to shoot is paper.

I need some place near Rochester or South eastern minnesota that I can shoot. I want to shoot stuff like steel targets and bowling pins and water bottles. I also want to be able to bump fire.

This is the only gun range I know of within 50 miles of rochester and I don't know any thing about policys of recreational shooting on things like Public Hunting areas and wildlife managment areas.

Short of buying my own land, where can I shoot?
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 5:30:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Zumbro Valley Rifle Club - located south of Zumbrota.
Contact Razor's Edge Archery in Zumbrota for membership info.

To my knowledge, no problem with targets you describe (no glass), but you must clean up when done.

The range also has trap, sporting clays, 3-D archery, and so on.

Discount membership rate for NRA members.

Hope this helps.
Bravo5-2
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 9:41:14 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
the gun range that is closest to me has issued new policy abuot rapid fire. We cant have more than 3 round bursts, no firing from the hip, and the only thing we are allowed to shoot is paper.

HmmI know what range you are talking about and let me tell you, Its not a NEW policy! Its been there ever since I started shooting there.

Theres a Range near Kasson that is good I heard.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 9:44:02 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HmmI know what range you are talking about and let me tell you, Its not a NEW policy! Its been there ever since I started shooting there.

Theres a Range near Kasson that is good I heard.

I shouldn't have said new policy, I know that it has always been like that, but it was just a bad choice of words on my part.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top