Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2009 6:45:50 PM EDT
Alright guys I need a place to shoot somewhere around Bloomington... I NEED TO SHOOT

Love it here, love the gun laws, love IU ... so someone please help me out
Link Posted: 1/17/2009 5:49:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Alright guys I need a place to shoot somewhere around Bloomington... I NEED TO SHOOT

Check the ranges section at the top of this forum.

Link Posted: 1/18/2009 5:18:54 AM EDT
[#2]
How far are you willing to drive?
Are you willing to become a member?
Link Posted: 1/18/2009 8:12:59 AM EDT
[#3]
No places to shoot IN BLOOMINGTON, probably never will be again either.
Link Posted: 1/18/2009 10:48:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

unfortunately thats prob 100% true ... used to have 2 ranges on campus and now both are gone
Link Posted: 1/18/2009 10:57:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

unfortunately thats prob 100% true ... used to have 2 ranges on campus and now both are gone

Best bet for free shooting, is in North Vernon, IN at Crowsly wildlife and game. About 75 min drive.

Link Posted: 1/18/2009 1:17:15 PM EDT
[#6]
It is on my agenda to open a private range in Monroe County sometime soon.  As long as I get some property which is zoned agriculture, the stupid fucks cant say a word.
Link Posted: 1/18/2009 1:57:01 PM EDT
[#7]
If you want to come to Scottsburg I have a 95 yard rifle range and pistol range.  I have a covered area with concrete floor, tables and target holders.  Also we have steel targets for the hand gun range as well as a gong on the 95 yard.  All this looks into a 200 foot hill and no houses for 1.3 miles at 30 degrees.

All I ask is that you do not shoot above the hill and pick up after your self.

Bob
Link Posted: 1/18/2009 3:27:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If you want to come to Scottsburg I have a 95 yard rifle range and pistol range.  I have a covered area with concrete floor, tables and target holders.  Also we have steel targets for the hand gun range as well as a gong on the 95 yard.  All this looks into a 200 foot hill and no houses for 1.3 miles at 30 degrees.

Bob

Hell of an offer Bob! I've been meaning to get down there to see your place in Scottsburg but its still a haul from Bloomington
Link Posted: 1/19/2009 8:30:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bob

Hell of an offer Bob! I've been meaning to get down there to see your place in Scottsburg but its still a haul from Bloomington

Your always welcomed.

Bob
Link Posted: 1/20/2009 8:14:43 AM EDT
[#10]
There is the Southern Indiana Gun Club

It is located just outside Freetown, IN off of IN135.

If you would like some more information please feel free to IM me.....
Link Posted: 1/20/2009 3:08:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Bob

Can I come by & play too (when it gets warmer)

Link Posted: 1/20/2009 6:21:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bob

Yes, only if you buy a SCAR and bring it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2009 8:14:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bob

Yes, only if you buy a SCAR and bring it.

If Jeff can hook me up with a good deal on one let me know..  It is on my to do list.

Did you hear that Jeff?

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 8:47:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Alright my man I'm going to hook you up with some info that you are going to thank me for later, but you will have to get with me later for detailed directions....or I'll post them later if alot of people is interested.
    Anyways I live in Brazil(little town right between Terre Haute and Indy) about 40 minutes from bloomington....there is a range here just outside of town called "Protec" the fella that owns the place is a instructer and also heads up the gun club for Rose Hulman students. really good guy and he only charges $20.00 membership per year and it is only $25.00 for family membership....rifle range os 50,100,200 and 300 has a shotgun range with machines set up to shoot clay pigeons. it a great place to go shoot! also he does allow fully automatic fire.
    Let me know when you want to come shoot and I'll meet you there and show you the ropes of the place
                                           Shane
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 10:21:52 PM EDT
[#15]
You might want to rethink the Protech range. The owner will come out yelling and screaming randomly. He has stood with me and shot 100s of dollars worth of (my)handloads and we had the grandest of times. The next day he came dow to the range yelling and screaming at me in front of people. He has a self controll problem I'm not willing to deal with it. He did this same crazy stunt 2 times before I learned. If you like dramma and public embarrasment, have at it. If you want almost complete privacy and total respect. Call Favres gunshop in Terre Haute and ask if you can join the conservation club.All are welcome and you can shoot 100–– and 250 when no one else is there(it's almost always empty.) It is gated and you can sigh up and pay $60 a year at Favres gunshop.  I shot at Protech 3 times and 2 of the 3 times Bob came down on his little golf cart yelling and screaming for no reason. I'm just too old for the kiddy shit. Jerryboy
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 1:51:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You might want to rethink the Protech range. The owner will come out yelling and screaming randomly. He has stood with me and shot 100s of dollars worth of (my)handloads and we had the grandest of times. The next day he came dow to the range yelling and screaming at me in front of people. He has a self controll problem I'm not willing to deal with it. He did this same crazy stunt 2 times before I learned. If you like dramma and public embarrasment, have at it. If you want almost complete privacy and total respect. Call Favres gunshop in Terre Haute and ask if you can join the conservation club.All are welcome and you can shoot 100–– and 250 when no one else is there(it's almost always empty.) It is gated and you can sigh up and pay $60 a year at Favres gunshop.  I shot at Protech 3 times and 2 of the 3 times Bob came down on his little golf cart yelling and screaming for no reason. I'm just too old for the kiddy shit. Jerryboy

Hmmmm, I'll check into the range at Farve's....as far as Protec the guy's name that runs and owns it is Don and I have never seen a golf cart out there, he drives around an old white van. he is a tall medium build fella that always wears a cowboy hat. I have never seen him yell at anyone, not even dip shits...one of the best guys I know, you must have the wrong fella or something??
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 12:34:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Have you tried Sugar Ridge State Park in Winslow, In?  That's where I go.  The range is free.  It has a 25, 50, 100, and 200 yard range.

http://www.state.in.us/dnr/fishwild/4091.htm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top