Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/26/2013 1:57:58 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/27/2013 8:10:28 AM EST by wyattearp880]
Since I was in my teens I have been a hell bent devoted assault style weapon collector but now my taste has changed so much Now I only collect the old style cowboy guns. All I own now is the Henry mares leg .44mag and the 2 handguns 1 cimmaron Thunderball .45 LC and 1 cimmaron .45LC Sherrif/Store keeper model with the 3 1/2 inch barrell both with birds head grips. And man do I love them all.

</a>" />
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 2:41:15 PM EST
Set up a account with photobucket ,upload pic then
Get the ( ing ) and look for the picture icon to insert tags
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 2:42:50 PM EST
Originally Posted By wyattearp880:
Since I was in my teens I have been a hell bent devoted assault style weapon collector but now my taste has changed so much Now I only collect the old style cowboy guns. All I own now is the Henry mares leg .44mag and the 2 handguns 1 cimmaron Thunderball .45 LC and 1 cimmaron .45LC Sherrif/Store keeper model with the 3 1/2 inch barrell both with birds head grips. And man do I love them all. How do I post pictures on here I want to show off my toys?
View Quote

I'm the same way although I love my tacti-cool stuff to. It's is more fun to shoot the "Old West" stuff...we have 2 twin stainless Ruger Bisley 's in .45Colt w/ 5.5" barrels, one "original" blued Vaquero in .45 Colt w/ 4 5/8" barrel, one blued Ruger New Blackhawk Convertible .45acp/.45 Colt, two Henry Big Boy .45 Colts and a Winchester 94 in .44 magnum. I'm searching for a second 4 5/8" "original" Ruger Vaquero .45 Colt but haven't found anything yet.

You can post pics at the top of the page in the "gun pics" thread.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 2:57:22 PM EST
Threre nothing wrong with having Cowboy action Guns
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 11:43:49 AM EST
Anyone know who makes fancy bird head grips for the two six shooters? I would like to dress them up like I do my Harley. I jus want to make them look sharp but stay in the time era.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:10:43 PM EST
HaHaHaHaHaHaHa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nothing wrong with a good single action revolver if you can shoot it accurately
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:16:56 PM EST
Oh thank God brother I heard about your accident and was praying for you regulerly. I had a hell of a wreck a year ago may and got ran over by a car. I miss ya brother I got transferred to Texas now so if you ever want to get away I got a spare room and cold beer in the fridge.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:03:27 AM EST
still recovering and doing pt
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:02:47 PM EST
I must have been born old, because I've loved shooting revolvers since I was 9 years old. First handgun I ever fired was my dad's Ruger Security-Six (bet y'all never would have guessed that, right? :P). I've got as many revolvers as I do semi-autos. Unfortunately, I only have 2 lever-action rifles, a Marlin in .357 Magnum and a Rossi in .45 Colt. I would love to have a .45-70, a .30-30, and a .405 Winchester (Why? Because. That's why.). If I could find one, I'd also love to have a lever action in 7-30 Waters, but that's spending a butt load of money either buying a gun rare as hen's teeth or having a .30-30 rebarreled.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 10:56:36 PM EST
I don't care for the foreign made copies, I know some of them are good quality copies but I just prefer my "American old west" style guns to be American. My next "old west" style gun, other than an original Vaquero and an actual Colt SAA, will probably be a Marlin 1894SS. Generally I prefer Winchester and Henry lever actions but I want a stainless .44 magnum 1894 and Marlin is the only US manufacturer that makes one and I need a Marlin for my collection anyway. I think a Marlin stainless steel 1894 with black synthetic stocks would look great and be a perfect choice for bad weather gun sort of like a lever action version of my Savage 116 "Weather Warrior" bolt action.

I'm jonesing like crazy to shoot my single actions and lever guns. I also have to try out the new recoil pad on my .50 Beowulf, she should be as light as a .22 now lol.

Does anyone have a .44 magnum single action that's not a long barrel hunting gun? I've always wondered if the recoil of a .44 magnum single action was as bad as it seems it would be. My S&W 629 V-Comp N frame packs a pretty decent wallop and that's with recoil absorbing grips and a compensator, it's got to be quite a bit worse out of a single action.
Top Top