Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/1/2011 4:50:08 PM EST
I've been in California for over a week, I can honestly say, I miss having rights. I feel naked not being able to carry here. Heading home to Arizona tonight. I'm going to cuddle with my suppressed AR in the morning...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 4:54:47 PM EST
so what was it likke visiting a "western bloc" country?!!
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 4:58:39 PM EST
Originally Posted By randeeak47:

I did get to go shooting... Just had to reload more often. The range down not allow more that one shot per three seconds, and you are not allowed to keep your own brass...

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 9:40:24 PM EST
Damn man next time you go out of town let me know I'll babysit her for you.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 3:46:17 AM EST
Finally home... Dead bodies, hookers, wrecked cars... Fucking weird night. Probably the worst time I've ever made that drive. Going to bed...

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 5:07:17 AM EST
Originally Posted By alphabavo:
Originally Posted By randeeak47:

I did get to go shooting... Just had to reload more often. The range down not allow more that one shot per three seconds, and you are not allowed to keep your own brass...

Hate ranges like that. I only shoot steel or aluminum cased at ranges who won't let me keep the brass I paid for.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 2:47:16 PM EST
Thank God you got back home!

Last time I was in CA I felt so awkward and unsteady without the weight of my gun holding me down.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 4:28:40 PM EST
The trip back was terrible!

Somewhere in Burbank I missed a turn and had to take another ramp, I narrowly missed hitting a guy that was waving a reflective construction type vest in the far right lane. Turns out, he was trying to direct people around the body of a guy that had just been hit so hard, that he got knocked out of his shoes. Trying to get back on the freeway led me to the location of another guy that I can only assume would be the guy that hit him, only a couple blocks away. He wrecked his Denali SUV into a large traffic signal and was being pulled from the vehicle by a large group of people. There were injuries there, but I didn't stop, as the neighborhood was going downhill fast.

Just down the road, I had to stop for gas. The car was low enough, that I didn't want to chance looking for another station as this would be a terrible neighborhood to run out of gas in. I found myself at a station that looked to be Hooker Headquarters for the surrounding area... Plenty of screaming and other events while I filled up there. We finally got out and back on the road, where I got to avoid a couple of very close calls with drunk drivers.

Just glad to be home in my beautiful home state of Arizona.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:46:01 PM EST
Holy crap!

That sounds just awful.
Hopefully you all don't have to go back again for a long long time.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:52:00 PM EST
Originally Posted By TechGal26:
Holy crap!

That sounds just awful.
Hopefully you all don't have to go back again for a long long time.

My family still lives in North/Central California, so I make the trek often, this was just the weirdest so far...
Top Top