Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2006 4:40:34 PM EDT
I put this in GD, but I might have a better chance here...

My bass guitar amplifier died, it's still under warranty, but I am not the original owner, I don't have the original sales receipt for warranty claim. I bought the amp from the second owner. The amp was bought at the Heart of Texas Music on Lamar Ave in Austin Texas, and its about 3 and a half years old. I called the music store, the only thing they can offer to help was to let me come in and look at their receipts. Too bad I'm in NY.

I have the name of the original owner, I think I have his phone number, but I haven't gotten an answer yet. If I can contact this person and get an approximate date of purchase, the music store will look for me for a price, but without at least the month of purchase, they won't do it.

If I can't get ahold of this person, I'm SOL. Unless, someone would be willing to help me out and go into the music store and hunt for the sales receipt for me. I don't know how long it would take and how much work would be involved, but if someone was willing to help me, I would be glad to compensate them, but I don't have much money.

I do have have 20 and 30 round AR mags that I would gladly stick in the mail as payment. This amp retails at over $1000 new, and I don't even have the funds to fix it, let alone buy a new one, or another used one of any kind.

I don't know for sure yet if someone would have to do this for me, but as of now it's a distinct possibility.

Thanks for looking.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:05:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Crazy question but will the manufacturer warranty the unit?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:18:59 PM EDT
[#2]
It is the manufacturer's warranty, I need a copy of the original sales receipt in order to enact a warranty claim.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:54:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It is the manufacturer's warranty, I need a copy of the original sales receipt in order to enact a warranty claim.

Call and ask if you can get the owner of the music store on the phone or give them his info to contact to verify your claim maybe?   Is the amp company so big as to not have live people who can answer the phone somewhere??
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:44:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Got ya...I just figured that since almost all electronics are date coded they may take that into account.
Hopefully one of the Austin guys will be able to help you out here...
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:14:48 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Got ya...I just figured that since almost all electronics are date coded they may take that into account.
Hopefully one of the Austin guys will be able to help you out here...

I hope so too.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:17:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Heart of Texas sells used, too. That may not have been the "original" purchaser, and they may have thought it was new.

Too bad you're in NY, or I would fix it just for parts (probably under$30) and an AR mag or two.
It's kind of screwed up, but $1000 dollar amps often have $19 solid-state modules inside them. Or else one $12 power transistor eats it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:48:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll be in Austin the weekend of the 25th. If you don't get it resolved by then IM me and I'll do what I can to help. I wouldn't expect it to take too long to find the paper...and I need to hit a music shop anyway for some strings and a cappo....

Let me know...

ETA: I just mapped the shop on Lamar. It is 1.9 miles from where I stay in Austin.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top