Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2006 6:20:18 PM EDT
My company is painting a Tmobile building in Springfield missouri and I might be moving back there for a few months. I know that I will be browsing the gun stores while I am there, I'm wondering if I can purchase a firearm in your state without being a resident? I live in Oregon.

PS, any good gunshops in springfield?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:33:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Nothing great,

But 417 guns is worth a trip.
Maybe Steves(typical gun shop asshole)
Rockets is good but they are more of gunsmith.
Ozark Gun traders IIRC they have alot of surplus rifles
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:59:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Does oregon's borders touch missouri? I am to lazy to look at a map , if it does you can purchase long guns but not pistols without transferring to a FFL in your state. Course i have been known to be wrong before. I am sure someone with more knowledge will answer but these are how i understood the laws.
On aonther note springfeild spells PARTY town. have fun.

edited since i can't spell to save my life

LMAO, guess i should of payed more attention in geography class, i just looked at a map and oregon is no where near missouri.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:34:53 PM EDT
[#3]
IM me when you are in town. we'll go raise some hell, or at least get some grub.

Don't forget BASS PRO SHOPS. It is a must see for non-locals...

We may even get cz75fan to come along... :)
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:07:05 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
IM me when you are in town. we'll go raise some hell, or at least get some grub.

Don't forget BASS PRO SHOPS. It is a must see for non-locals...

We may even get cz75fan to come along... :)

Hey I'm always in for some good eating!!!!!!! How's BBQ sound at Buckingham's? mmmmmmmmmBBQ OH yeah guns, I almost get blinders on when food is mentioned! We can swing down by Doc Holidays in Ozark. Hal isn't much into the black rifles, but he usually has something nice to look at and he's a hell of a nice guy. I thought, and there is a good chance I'm wrong, the ATF revised the contiguous states section on purchase of long guns. As long as the resident state doesn't have more stringent laws than the state you would be purchasing from. Anyway if you make it down this way welcome to the Ozarks!!!

Rick
SGF, Mo.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:41:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I thought, and there is a good chance I'm wrong, the ATF revised the contiguous states section on purchase of long guns. As long as the resident state doesn't have more stringent laws than the state you would be purchasing from.

I hope I can confirm this one! It would be nice to pick up "souveniers" when I take a vacation...
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:55:00 PM EDT
[#6]
The best gun shop around as far as prices go (and the selection is better than most) is Rick Fitzpatrick's gun store in Nixa (Nixa Gun & Pawn).  It's west on Hwy 14 (mt. vernon street IIRC)as you leave town, the store will be on the north side of the road.
Gunslinger's on the northeast corner of Sunshine and Cambell is a good store with honest folk.
417 guns is not bad either.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:20:34 PM EDT
[#7]
The Shooters Choice.

In Spokane is awesome, not alot of black rifles but a huge selection of everything else.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:59:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Shooters Choice? May have to check that one out- never been there...
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:34:55 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Nothing great,

But 417 guns is worth a trip.
Maybe Steves(typical gun shop asshole)
Rockets is good but they are more of gunsmith.
Ozark Gun traders IIRC they have alot of surplus rifles

No shit!

417Guns (two doors down from Steve's) is a good store.  Gunslinger on Sunshine (you can see it from Bass Pro) is also a good one, I've bought a couple there.  You can find killer deals there sometimes.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:50:28 PM EDT
[#10]
If they did change the rules on border states...someone needs to tell the walmarts around here....they've got bigassed posters up with MO in one color, all the surrounding states in another, saying that you have to be a resident of MO or one of the surrounding states to purchase firearms.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top