Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/6/2006 6:27:23 PM EDT
I know this is a weird request. I have a bushmaster lower in Texas where I moved from. My buddy who's house its currently stored at is moving to another country. I am looking for a FFL that can hold it for me up in northern Oregon. Only until we move up there. I also have purchased two other AR lowers , Laure and stag that may be banned soon in California also. I may need storage for those also. I dont have any friends in any states outside of California so my options are limited.
Brian

edited to reword my comments.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:10:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I think the only way you could get them to someone in OR is hand deliver it other wise I think you'd be braking some laws. I would look at the FFLs in OR and send them an email about holding the lowers for you. That way you could ship them the lowers addressed to yourself, in care of the FFL. The FFL may charge you a shorage fee but should not charge you a transfer fee for something you already have an form on.

Hope this helps.

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:21:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool, Thanks for the info. I will see if I can find a FFL in northern Oregon that could help me out.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:28:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll just buy em from you.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:32:05 PM EDT
[#4]
NA, I want to keep them. Thanks for the offer though.

Quoted:
I'll just buy em from you.

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:57:36 PM EDT
[#5]
To be honest, Pat @ Oregon Research Labs (PCArms on this forum) is now my go-to FFL guy. Great doing business with him. I'd call him up and see if he's willing to do it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:08:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Hold a few lowers for four years?

Man, I woul dprobably do it, but it would be hard not to start adding doo-dads (like the upper I have and I got a spare grip)...
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:26:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Man, I woul dprobably do it, but it would be hard not to start adding doo-dads (like the upper I have and I got a spare grip)...

+1

I would never be able to resist building them into complete rifles.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:30:26 AM EDT
[#8]
You could just bring them here and get some low cost storage unit.  You'd want to cosmoline the heck out of them.  Also, I think some places in Vegas/Nevada store guns for Californians.  I know Front Sight does.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:29:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Fours Years. Na, I am moving up there within a couple months at the most. I am coming back up there March 16th to look at some more places to live. Hopfully we find one then and start making arrangements to move our belongings. I think there was another board member who was talking about moving out there in four yrs.
Brian

Quoted:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top