Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/7/2006 10:26:33 PM EDT
Firstly, I am not trying to completely get out of research. I figure instead of me surfing an hour on the web to try to find the answer to a question if somebody here knows the answer and can type it out in 2 minutes that would be awesome.

Secondly, I have a job offer for US steel in Gary. I just got it today. I am unsure whether I'll take it. I have no other job offers at the moment, but I do have another plant trip or two. I currently place the odds at around 85% that I'll take the offer.

For the first year to year and a half I will be renting, whether an apartment or small house. I'll probably try to save as much as possible so probably get an efficiency or something. I SHOULD get an approximately 10% raise after 18 months or so of employment, so I'll probably figure after a year and a half or so I'll buy a house. I am figuring somewhere around 100,000 for a small house. I know housing up in that area is kind of high (at least, so far the only houses I've found in valpo and hobart are 800-1100 square feet for 85,000-110,000 or so. That is fairly high, but I am sure that is to be expected being relatively close to Chicago. I have read the crime statistics on Gary, they aren't particularly good. However, I am assuming it is somewhat like STL where you have the ghetto and you have nicer neighborhoods. If I am in the nicer areas are burglaries common there? I ask because I do have a few guns and computer and such and I don't want all that to get stolen while I am at work.

Are the nicer areas of Gary affordable? I am thinking I probably want to live in Valparaiso since there would be a lot more people my age there, and I assume probably more entertainment for people my age (I am 21 BTW, I graduate this semester) since it is kind of a college town and it is decent sized. I am not ruling Gary proper out of my places to rent from, I just see it as less desireable. If I can be in Gary, save money over being in Valpo, and be in a nicer area/not the ghetto, then I would go for that (especially if I could somehow save say 50-100 a month on rent).

An efficiency is a BIT small for me, but I could probably deal with a one bedroom apartment easy enough. I'd prefer to have a separate reloading room, but it isn't necessary (I have a bunch of money in reloading, I have a dillon 650 with eletric case feeder, lots of bullets and powder). So, I think I'd like a minimum of 500 square feet or so, 1 bedroom is do-able, 2 bedrooms would be preferable, but not conducive to the saving of money I am sure. I can always wait to really get into my reloading for a year and a half.

I would prefer to rent a small house though. When I listen to music I sometimes like to have it somewhat loud. I can deal without it, but I'd rather volume not be an issue, so that is why I'd PREFER a small house over an apartment. What would I be able to find each for? So far I have found a couple apartments that are 1 bedroom and around 500-600 a month. That is a bit high to me, but I am used to middle of nowhere prices where I can get a 2 or 3 bedroom house for 600 a month or a NICE 4 bedroom 1500 squarefoot duplex for 950 a month.

It seems from what I have found online so far most of the houses in the 80-110k range are between 800 and 1100 square feet, and most are OLD (built in the 40's or so). For 100,000 could a person get a DECENT house in Valpo that was around 1100 square feet? I am seeing too many that are like 1000 square feet and 3 bedroom. Problem being the MAIN bedroom is around 10X11 or 11X12. I have a queen bed, once that is in there it doesn't leave a ton of room for a dresser, walking space, night stand, etc. 3 bedrooms would be AWESOME though since I could make one my room, one the spare bedroom (I have a twin matress as well), and the third my reloading/gun room. My office would be in the living room as I do not have a tv and do not plan on getting cable/sattelite. Maybe I will, but probably not.

CCW: IN has nice CCW laws from what I have seen. Is the cost and benefits of resident vs non-resident CCW the same? What county is easier, Lake county or Porter county (since those are the two I am most likely to reside in)? I am going to assume Lake county will be more of a PITA for that sort of stuff (and maybe an SBR build in the future) since it is more of a big town.

Class 3: Will it be a problem in either Lake or Porter counties to get class 3? At some point I'd LOVE to get a supressor, and maybe do an SBR build. I saw on a website that all class three is allowed in IN. Is this true? Is it TECHNICALLY true, or is it ACTUALLY true?

Lets see, I've asked about apartment prices, rental house prices, buying houses, CCW, class three.

Oh, two things I forgot. Any place to shoot up in the area? Only thing I've found so far is an indoor range on the ranges link that is good for handguns. Any place for rifles? Are there any FREE places to shoot? Here in MO I am used to national forest I can shoot in, or state run ranges that are also free. If not free places, reasonably priced gun ranges would work as well. I KNOW I'll want to shoot some.

Also, what about hunting? I know right away that'd be out, out of state hunting ALWAYS sucks. Assuming I can maybe find a place to hunt, what to the licenses run? I've heard Indiana was a shotgun state (blech!), but I think maybe northern IN that rifles were ok.

Oh, land prices. I have been unable to find anything in northern indiana for less than $4000 an acre. Is this the going rate? The cheapest I found was 40 acres for $4200 an acre. Is there anywhere I could get 10 acres for a decent price (decent being say $30,000 or less for 10 acres)?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:55:47 AM EDT
I'll answer some of your CCW questions. IN is a shall-issue state, so no mater which county you live in, you'll get it. You apply for it at your local law enforcement office but it is issued through the State Police. One county might be more of a hassle dealing with the people who fill out your application, but they have to process it. I'm not aware of any non-resident permit.

Oh, and on Class 3 stuff:

MGs, SBRs, AOWs, Suppressors are allowed in Indiana. Right now it is my understanding that SBS are not. Go figure. I'm not sure of the difficulty of CLEO sign off in those counties, you might want to ask some members who live up there. It is also my understanding that a lot of Chicago people are moving into the "region" and trying to model the local politics after Shitcago; so beware!

Sorry I can't answer most of your other questions, I live near Indy.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:53:01 AM EDT
From what I've heard, if you are going to be living in Gary you will need to be well armed.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:36:40 AM EDT
Thanks for the info so far guys.

Yes, I have heard Gary is BAD. Hence me wanting to know about the CCW right off the bat.

I asked about a non-resident CCW because packing.org says there is one and that you must apply in person. It is possible it is the exact SAME CCW permit as the resident one, that would be great.

The lack of SBS is odd, but thats ok since my first class 3 will probably be a suppressor or two, then an SBR. I hope the CLEO signoff is easy to get...

Thanks for the info that the CCW is issued through the state police, that boosts my confidence in it.

IF I accept this job offer (I will have my mind made up in 2 weeks or so) then I will probably make a weekend trip up there. If I do, then I will get the paperwork started on that trip

Reading packing.org it sounds like you might have to make TWO trips to the sherrifs office to get the paperwork. It also sounds like maybe in SOME counties it might just be one (I don't really know). So, if anybody here is from Porter or Lake county, can you please let me know how the process went?

I am not sure if US Steel will give a housing assisstance. I know my roommate is working for Garmin and they paid for up to two trips for him to look for housing, that would be awesome.

Nobody waste too much time typing out a reply yet, I don't want anybody to give a 30 minute discourse on housing and then me take a different job elsewhere ;-) Like I said though, at this point I give it 85% to come to Indiana. A bit more expensive than MO, but a bit more free too, cheaper CCW, those possible laws I heard about (lifetime CCW would be GREAT! No duty to retreat got shot down didn't it?), and you all also get suppressors which we don't get.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:45:05 AM EDT
No duty to retreat is in the same bill as lifetime License to Carry. It passed and is awaiting Gov Daniels signature, which will be coming.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:57:18 AM EDT
I would strongly suggest that you take a weekend to visit Gary, Indiana. I don't believe that my words can describe that place to someone who hasn't been there. One of its distinction is that Gary has held the title of Murder Capital of the US on several occasions.

VALPARAISO | The heroin-related death rate in Porter County in 2002 ranked among the top 10 in the nation when compared to major metropolitan areas, according to a study being released today.
http://nwitimes.com/articles/2005/01/25/news/top_news/ae1ef23c18ffe66086256f94000a0639.txt

search the archives in these newspapers for information about the area.

www thetimesonline com
www post-trib com

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:52:04 PM EDT
Shotguns for deer statewide as far as I know. Rifles for anything else you want to shoot.

Land is high around populated areas. There are properties near Seymour in the $1000-$1500/acre range. I haven't looked in the north, just south central. Basically I could get relatively cheap land, but it'd be about an hour away.

Originally Posted By Spudgunr:
Also, what about hunting? I know right away that'd be out, out of state hunting ALWAYS sucks. Assuming I can maybe find a place to hunt, what to the licenses run? I've heard Indiana was a shotgun state (blech!), but I think maybe northern IN that rifles were ok.

Oh, land prices. I have been unable to find anything in northern indiana for less than $4000 an acre. Is this the going rate? The cheapest I found was 40 acres for $4200 an acre. Is there anywhere I could get 10 acres for a decent price (decent being say $30,000 or less for 10 acres)?

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:35:43 PM EDT
Im in Lafayette and the few times I have been to Valpo it seemed OK but I dont live there. I do know that there is the NPCCC gun club and Im heading up Sunday for a shotgun match. First time to visit thier club. I hear its pretty decent. I wouldnt live within 20 miles of Gary on a bet if they gave me a free house.
Link for the NPCCC
http://www.npccc.net/
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:48:36 AM EDT
If you don't mind a little drive, we Hoosiers here in Jasper county (just south of Porter) have some nice rural areas. A lot of people I know live here and drive 30-45 minutes to Gary. I live in the small town of Rensselaer and there are quite a few guys who work in the mills and up in Whitiing at the refinery. There are also some nicer small towns to the north. I don't remember but I think Gary proper has some restrictions on guns but I could be wrong. I know there has been a battle on some handgun issues.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:58:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/9/2006 8:12:57 AM EDT by Spudgunr]
Thanks for the replies so far guys. If I accept this job, and if I live in Valpo, then if I get land I'd prefer it be within an hour or so of Valpo, direction doesn't really matter.

You are right about it being shotguns only, I checked the regs. That is approaching the gayiety of buttsex. :-\ I don't even see the point, a shotgun with a rifled barrel shooting slugs or shooting saboted bullets has the same lethality as a rifle and the same range as well. A handgun must have at least a 1.16" long case. Apparently 10mm auto is lacking in power to kill a deer? Grr. Oh well, that will be more reason to buy a 460 XVR (just so I have the flexibility, I would more than likely mostly shoot 454 cassul loads) or some other bigbore handgun. That will probably wait a while too.

Why don't you guys get that regulation changed and allow some rifles? I'd much prefer to use my 45-70. I am not going to spend the money on a gay scoped shotgun, I'd rather pistol hunt since I find a scoped bigbore handgun more useful than a specialty shotgun.

Hmm, the statues don't seem to limit magazine capacity.... would an AK pistol be legal? I can't tell, it meets the 1.16" case requirement, it meets the 6mm or larger requirement, I cannot see any reason that it WOULDN'T be legal. If I am missing something there, somebody please tell me. I doubt I'd actually use it, but if I am going to have to buy a new handgun for deer hunting anyway (I do have a 357, but only 4" barrel so I wouldn't feel comfortable hitting out past 30 yards or so) then I might as well get one I've been wanting for a while anyway :D
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:03:43 AM EDT
I live in downtown Valpo. Valpo is one of the nicest towns in Indiana. RULE OUT GARY NOW!! Unless you carry a minigun on your back, and a division of Marines follow you around, then not just no, but FUCK NO! What kind of price range were you looking for for rent? I might be able to help you. IM me with any questions. P.S. My brother in law works for US steel.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:09:36 AM EDT
I am looking to spend less than 800 a month for rent. PREFERABLY, closer to 500 or less (depending on if utilities are covered). I will probably buy a house after a year and a half or so. Cheaper rent will help me save up more for a downpayment. I don't know what sort of place I could get in valpo for 500-600 a month. Ideally I'd have a house to rent instead of an apartment (it doesn't have to be a really nice house or anything, if it isn't falling down...). I imagine it'll probably be an apartment I rent, but I am looking in to both.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:25:27 PM EDT

You are right about it being shotguns only, I checked the regs. That is approaching the gayiety of buttsex. :-\ I don't even see the point, a shotgun with a rifled barrel shooting slugs or shooting saboted bullets has the same lethality as a rifle and the same range as well.

The state claims that Indiana is too populated for the use of high-powered rifles for deer hunting. That said, my trusty slug gun has never let me down -- I manage to squeak out deer every year. With most of Indiana being forested, shots over 100 yards at deer are rare.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:29:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/9/2006 2:31:47 PM EDT by Spudgunr]
That is a half-assed excuse at the best. They allow a 385 grain bullet going 2000 fps (saboted bullet) but they won't allow it to be shot from a rifle, only from a shotgun

So, it is too population dense to use rifles. But, you can use handguns which are less accurate, and nowadays are just as powerful (and they are making SURE that the handgun is as powerful by making the 1.16" case requirement). Yeah, lets make sure that we are going to allow the not very accurate use of handguns, but not allow the much more precise fire from a rifle.

Grr, stupid laws piss me off.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:20:07 PM EDT
5-600 for a house to rent in valpo wont happen. You can find good apartments in the 5 to 600 range though. Especially if you only need 1 bdroom. If you don't mind complexes, check out Golfview apartments in town. If you want, get me your address and I'll mail you a Sunday paper. Also, lots of lower rent apts become available in the early summer when the kids go home from VU. Also Chesterton is very nice. Stay away from Portage.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:34:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By sierrabravofour:
5-600 for a house to rent in valpo wont happen. You can find good apartments in the 5 to 600 range though. Especially if you only need 1 bdroom. If you don't mind complexes, check out Golfview apartments in town. If you want, get me your address and I'll mail you a Sunday paper. Also, lots of lower rent apts become available in the early summer when the kids go home from VU. Also Chesterton is very nice. Stay away from Portage.

Darn, I was hoping it was more like it is here in Rolla. Here apartments cost as much or more than a house for rent. The apartments are newer, the houses here are older and crappier (I don't mind a crappier house, and I'd be willing to do 600-700 if I could get the house for that). Here a SMALL apartment is around 400 a month, you can get an older house for around 500 a month depending on how big it is.

I may take you up on that Sunday paper deal, though I'll wait until after I have accepted the offer and found out what sort of assistance the company will give to helping find a place. My roommate accepted at a different company and they paid for up to two trips for him to look for a place, I am hoping US steel does something similar.

As far as size, I only NEED one bedroom, but I need a lot more ROOM than just one bedroom (unless it is big). So, an efficiency is definately out. I am a survivalst AND a gun nut, so I have a bunch of crap. I have a couple shelving units of food, camping/hiking gear, my reloading supplies (they MAY stay at home until I get my own house, I have a bunch of components, and a dillon 650), computer desk (that is currently in my room, if there is a living room the computer will go in that).

Basically, I think I'd be ok with around 500 square feet, but I'd have to check the layout and distribution of space.

How much is a small, old house for rent there? It probably would be worth at least $50 a month not having to worry about neighbors loud music if I go to bed at 10 or have to worry about MY loud music when I stay up until 3. It'd also be worth another 50 a month to have the extra space for all my stuff. I have a queen sized bed (or I can use a twin I also have), so a bedroom needs to be at least decent sized just so I can get around in it with the queen bed. I also have access to a couch if the place is big enough for it.

Unfortunately, I will be starting work RIGHT at the same time VU gets out I think. My commencement is May 13th at 10am. I will probably be loading up the uhaul that night and getting to Gary on Sunday. I don't know what day I'll start work, I think I want more than just one day to unpack and get things set up, but I will probably need to have my place on May 15th. It is POSSIBLE I could push that to may 22nd, but that is definately not preferable.

Does IN have an INDCC (Indiana Defensive Carbine Club)? MODCC has been tons of fun when I can make it. If not, are there any shoots put on regularly in northern IN?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:30:14 PM EDT
If the politicians in the Gary area had there way the whole state would be disarmed. Vernon Smith is an idiot. We need an Indiana Defensive Carbine Club. As for a group shoot does anybody know when Paul is getting back?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:49:17 PM EDT
Valpo=cheaper housing due to lower property taxes in Porter County. It is a very nice to place live, but honesty I would not live there (not trying to offend anyone). With traffic on the highways, it would be a drive from Valpo to Gary Steel, so that would add up to more money for gas for your vehicle.

Gas it anywhere from $2.20-$2.50 right now in Lake County.

Why not look at the Hessville area of Hammond (Southern most portion of Hammond, East of Indianapolis Blvd to Kennedy Avenue area). It has very affordable housing and is still a decent area.

Highland, Schererville, and Hobart has a ton of affordable housing also. Even Munster's housing in the Northern section of the town has come down in price alot in the last few years.

Dyer and Saint John taxes are very high, unless you move into the 'unincorporated' sections of Saint John and Dyer. However, these areas also DO NOT have Lake Michigan water and will have municipal treated well water or plain well water.

I love living in Lake County, everything and anything I want is right here. Yes taxes may be more than in other places, but I feel the services I receive from my local municipality are well worth it.

Good Luck!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:19:39 AM EDT
Well, I officially accepted the job offer. I will probably go to Valpo when I buy a house, but I think LPD is right, I can save a lot of gas money by being in Highland or somewhere. So, I will probably be considering that as a possible town to live in. It would save me at least $500 a year in gas money (plus nearly 200 a year in county tax since I think I saw that Lake County has no income tax).

I will be coming up to do my physical some time in May, so I'll be looking for an apartment then.

When you say housing is reasonable, what could I get a decent sized apartment (1-2 bedroom) for in Highland? Right now that $800 a year savings sounds pretty decent. If I can get my diesel rabbit running on veggie oil then distance won't really matter much, but it is still in pieces at the moment. Would I be able to find an apartment that ISN'T a rathole for close to 500 a month? It doesn't have to be new or perfectly nice or anything, but it can't be a crackhouse either ;-)

I was hoping to get my CCW as SOON as I get to IN, but I think I'll be waiting until July when the lifetime CCW takes effect. If I feel like I'm in danger, I'll just carry anyway ;-)

Oh, speaking of which, what is the legality of loaded guns in the car? Is it for ONLY if you have a CCW? I believe that it is, but I am not 100% sure.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:41:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/14/2006 2:46:45 PM EDT by WILSON]
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:09:26 PM EDT

Oh, speaking of which, what is the legality of loaded guns in the car? Is it for ONLY if you have a CCW? I believe that it is, but I am not 100% sure.

I've never seen anything to indicate that you cannot have a loaded firearm in a vehicle. Handguns in a vehicle do require a concealed carry permit, but long guns are not restricted.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:25:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/14/2006 4:31:56 PM EDT by pdg45acp]

Originally Posted By M4Madness:

I've never seen anything to indicate that you cannot have a loaded firearm in a vehicle. Handguns in a vehicle do require a concealed carry permit, but long guns are not restricted.

You're probably right about long guns in the car.. BUT.....I had a Deputy tell me once that a Resident General Hunting license is one of the best "Cover Your A$$" things you could have.. you'll always have gound hogs and coyotes as a reason for that AR15 and 200 rounds of ammo in your trunk or your back seat.. and you'll have the license to back it up..
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:36:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/14/2006 6:39:25 PM EDT by GTZ]
Lived in Valpo 5 years while I got my BSME. A lot of guys I went to school with co-oped at US steel. Valpo is a good town, schools, investment. Any college town always has a better economy going for it IMO.

If I could live there again I would.

PS, I pulled a colt .45 on a guy that broke into my apt in Valpo. The police were cool and we became friends and started shooting together. That was in 1992. I had my CCW, they did not care, it was not even my weapon, again, did not matter. They tracked the guy down in the snow in 5 mins and beat the shit out of him. He had a ton of our stuff inside his jacket.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:35:25 AM EDT

Originally Posted By GTZ:
They tracked the guy down in the snow in 5 mins and beat the shit out of him. He had a ton of our stuff inside his jacket.

..............and the Johnsville Brawts he took from the freezer were positively identified, returned, grilled and eaten as part of a kegger to celebrate my Bro's new job."

Looking back, I forgot that was just before or after I started at AiC. Combined kegger to celebrate my new job and GTZ's effective exercising of his second ammendment rights.

Live in Valpo and pay the gas to drive to work. After your first raise you won't even notice it, but you will be in a position to chase around after all those coed chics in Valpo.

Cost of additional gas: $50
Cost of access to unlimted source of horny college chics: Priceless.

You gotta use your brain Spud!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:48:36 AM EDT

It would save me ... nearly 200 a year in county tax since I think I saw that Lake County has no income tax).

It's not quite that simple. If you live in a county that has a tax, you pay theirs. If you live in a county that doesn't, but work in one that does, you pay that one, but I think at a reduced rate. IIRC rent is deductable on the State taxes, which helps too.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:22:52 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Mike_L:

It would save me ... nearly 200 a year in county tax since I think I saw that Lake County has no income tax).

It's not quite that simple. If you live in a county that has a tax, you pay theirs. If you live in a county that doesn't, but work in one that does, you pay that one, but I think at a reduced rate. IIRC rent is deductable on the State taxes, which helps too.

It never is that simple usually. I will be working in Lake county though. I am not planning on living in lake county to save that 200 a year in taxes, but combining 200 a year in taxes and 600 a year in gas money (unless I can get my rabbit running), plus the shorter commute time would be nice. Where I end up really depends on what sort of apartments I can find and how much they are. I will probably end up BUYING my house in Valpo if I can though, but that will be 1.5-2 years from my start date. Until then, I'll rent whereever I find a decent apartment for not too much money.

GTZ, did you get your BSME at Valpe.edu, or did you live in Valpo while getting it from another institution? If you got it from Valpo.edu (this applies to anyone who has gone to that college), about how much in the way of scholarships and loans will they give for financial aid? I KIND of have a girlfriend (kind of.....hard to explain) and she will be in college and valpo.edu has the major she wants which is actually kind of hard to find. But, valpo.edu is 30k a year compared to her school which will be 11k a year. She is paying for school herself, so that 30k a year would be impossible to come up with unless they gave quite a bit it scholarships and loans. The other alternative is for her to be 600 miles away in Arkansas for 3 or 4 years more.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:23:43 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:52:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Mike_L:

It never is that simple usually. I will be working in Lake county though. I am not planning on living in lake county to save that 200 a year in taxes, but combining 200 a year in taxes and 600 a year in gas money (unless I can get my rabbit running), plus the shorter commute time would be nice. Where I end up really depends on what sort of apartments I can find and how much they are. I will probably end up BUYING my house in Valpo if I can though, but that will be 1.5-2 years from my start date. Until then, I'll rent whereever I find a decent apartment for not too much money.

GTZ, did you get your BSME at Valpe.edu, or did you live in Valpo while getting it from another institution? If you got it from Valpo.edu (this applies to anyone who has gone to that college), about how much in the way of scholarships and loans will they give for financial aid? I KIND of have a girlfriend (kind of.....hard to explain) and she will be in college and valpo.edu has the major she wants which is actually kind of hard to find. But, valpo.edu is 30k a year compared to her school which will be 11k a year. She is paying for school herself, so that 30k a year would be impossible to come up with unless they gave quite a bit it scholarships and loans. The other alternative is for her to be 600 miles away in Arkansas for 3 or 4 years more.

He is a Valpo Grad. He may not see this since I had told him to look at another thread here in the Indiana forum (life time permits) chances are he saw yours then.

Send him an IM about Valpo U., he will tell you what he knows.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:59:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/17/2006 6:02:19 AM EDT by Spudgunr]
Well, I had been thinking Highland since I'd save about $800 a year between income tax and gas, but now I found something that makes me want to go to valpo (other than the co-eds ;-) ). The NW IN pipe and drum band has lessons in Valpo on Thursdays and practice in some town east of Valpo on Sundays. So, since I'd be going there twice a week anyway the gas savings would be about negated. Yes, I am planning on trying to learn to play the bagpipes.

So, back to considering Valpo. I'll be going up at the beginning of May for my physical. I'll be trying to drive so I can stay an extra day or two if possible and look for a place to rent.

I have a feeling within a couple years of me moving there I will be a class 3 (suppressor) owner. Man, my fun money is going to disappear real quick like that.

Oh, Zoub, thanks, I sent him an IM.
Top Top