Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2003 1:39:20 PM EDT
I'm sitting around here this afternoon, getting to know my new toy.  For those slackasses who did NOT go to the fun show today, I nabbed me a NIB Para Ordnance P14-45.

The first time I disassembled it, I managed to send the recoil plug and spring into the air.  It then ricocheted off the ceiling and dropped onto my head.  Fun for days.  The second time I took it apart I did not encounter any problems.

SWMBO just got home from work.  Time to show off the spoils of war.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 2:21:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Watch out for the recoil spring plug...oh...guess I should have told you at the show...or the restaurant...or Bernie's...BTW, been there, done that!  
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 2:29:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice seeing y'all again.

That was an excellent purchase!

I was "attracted" by a Chinese AK-47 with foldable stock.  Mint condition.  But $1300 kept us apart. :-(

Maybe next time...

Link Posted: 7/12/2003 2:40:01 PM EDT
[#3]
After disassembling it a 3rd time, I noticed that the barrel bushing is cracked.

Fuckity fuck fuck fuckity fuck fuck fuckity fuck fuck fuck.

Oh well.  I'll make a call to Para on Monday about getting a new one.  These things happen.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 3:12:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Did you get an AR lower?
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 3:50:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Nice seeing y'all again.

I was "attracted" by a Chinese AK-47 with foldable stock.  Mint condition.  But $1300 kept us apart. :-(

Maybe next time...

Was that the one JohnGA was selling? That is nice.

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 3:51:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
After disassembling it a 3rd time, I noticed that the barrel bushing is cracked.

Fuckity fuck fuck fuckity fuck fuck fuckity fuck fuck fuck.

Oh well.  I'll make a call to Para on Monday about getting a new one.  These things happen.

Or....you could go back to the Eastman's tomorrow and get it swapped by the vendor.....

BTW - Post a pic of it man!
I hate "I got a new toy" threads with no pictures!
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 6:24:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Did you get an AR lower?

Nope.  Bought my first pistol instead.  Couldn't pass up the price.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 6:25:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Or....you could go back to the Eastman's tomorrow and get it swapped by the vendor.....

Nothing to swap it with.  I'll call Para.

BTW - Post a pic of it man!
I hate "I got a new toy" threads with no pictures!

Eventually.  Give me time to make sure she isn't camera shy.  
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 6:46:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Para's U.S. repair facility is in Sevierville, Tennessee. It doesn't take long to get it there and back from Atlanta.

Edited to say - DAMN IT! I can't believe I just wasted post #223 on your sorry ass, Reject! After all of the things that I have been wanting to do with 223, I post this shit. STOOPID, STOOPID, STOOPID!
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 7:37:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Did you get an AR lower?

Nope.  Bought my first pistol instead.  Couldn't pass up the price.

First pistol! WTF?
Look who was calling "slackasses"!
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 7:48:28 PM EDT
[#11]
chainshaw : Did you find Ginstar & get your case?

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 8:43:03 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
chainshaw : Did you find Ginstar & get your case?

~ s0ulzer0

40 bucks and I was out the door, thanks, very cool place

everything is together and running, but I can't get the a: drive to work, problem with I/O?

Link Posted: 7/13/2003 4:17:18 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Para's U.S. repair facility is in Sevierville, Tennessee. It doesn't take long to get it there and back from Atlanta.

Edited to say - DAMN IT! I can't believe I just wasted post #223 on your sorry ass, Reject! After all of the things that I have been wanting to do with 223, I post this shit. STOOPID, STOOPID, STOOPID!

Firstly:  Ha-ha!

Secondly:  My goal is to just get them to send me a barrel bushing.  There should be no reason for me to have to send in my precious new pistol just to have a part that I would normally have to remove during disassembly and cleaning just so they can do it for me.

Nasty repair facilitieses, they wants to take away my precious from us...
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 4:22:09 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
everything is together and running, but I can't get the a: drive to work, problem with I/O?

Does the floppy drive light come on and stay on when you power up?  If so, the ribbon cable is on backwards.  Flip one end around.

If that doesn't work, check that the position it is on is correct.  Those old AT computers were picky about shit like that.  Check BIOS to make sure that it isn't set for the old A->B B->A switcheraroo.  Lastly, replace the floppy drive since the things are cheap and are voted the "most likely to fail first" candidate in all computers since the stupid things were invented.

After swapping out the floppy drive, consider the the motherboard connector dead.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 12:04:23 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nice seeing y'all again.

Maybe next time...

Was that the one JohnGA was selling? That is nice.

~ s0ulzer0

Yeap.  We planned to meet at the show and he showed me that nice rifle.  When I was shopping for a rifle sometime ago I considered the AKs.  However, decided for the AR-10.  But an AK like that still calls my attention... :-)

Link Posted: 7/13/2003 12:25:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Here's a classic "dinner pic" shot of my new toy:

Link Posted: 7/13/2003 12:43:52 PM EDT
[#17]
And here she is cam-whore style!

Link Posted: 7/13/2003 12:50:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Strip!  Take it off!  That's right, take that slide off, you slut.

Link Posted: 7/13/2003 5:38:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Pierce Grip has nice combat grips with finger grooves for that beauty!
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 6:03:01 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Part of me says yes to rubber grips with finger grooves - the grip could stand to be a bit thicker.

The other part of me says "wood".  
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 6:05:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Forgot to add...

Spent the day stripping the receiver down to the frame.  The mechanics of 1911s are amazing.

Later on this week I'll get around to dismantling the slide.  I've had enough fun with the disconnector and the sear today to last me a while.  
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 6:16:02 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Part of me says yes to rubber grips with finger grooves - the grip could stand to be a bit thicker.

The other part of me says "wood".  

I'd go for the rubber/polymer grips unless you get one of those nice specially carved wood grips.  Sweat is a bad thing between your hand and a pistol grip if you need accuracy towards different targets.  :-)

Link Posted: 7/13/2003 6:48:09 PM EDT
[#23]
I think I will solve the problem by getting a pair of each.

But first, I need to get some hi-caps.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 7:31:31 PM EDT
[#24]
way to go Reject I think you'll love your 45. It's a Great caliber.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 3:30:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm going to love it.  I already do, and I haven't put a round through it yet.  ARH got me hooked on the P14.45 with just one mag at the range once, and I knew ever since then that this was the pistol for me.

Yeah, .45 is a great caliber.  Much better than 9mm.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top