Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 7/4/2012 11:55:39 AM EDT
But dressing up as Clowns is creepy. Just came home from a parade, the Shriner clowns were in it. All the adults in our group, 8 of us, agreed that clowns are just plain damn creepy. Is that because we've all seen the Stephen King movie "IT", or is it something else? My wife doesn't even like to watch them go past. She turned away from the parade until I assured her they were gone and our 14year old Daughter stepped behind me to get away from the street.One of them was dressed just like the character from the movie"IT". Google a picture, its creepy as hell.

In the city park in Garnavillo there is a monument with Lincolns Gettysburg address on it. I read it again today and was struck by how much of what he said then in 1863 applies to today in this country. Too bad our representatives in Washington, D.C. don't understand that their work should honor the sacrifices and dedication of those who've gone before us, not destroy it.

I hope all have a safe 4th of  July, stay cool, it's hot everywhere.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 1:55:23 PM EDT
[#1]
IT didn't really bother me it was that damned clown in Poltergeist that freaked me out when I was a kid.  Not a fan of clowns ever since.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 3:43:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep,clowns=john Wayne Gacy
Don't fuckin like clowns
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 4:49:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
IT didn't really bother me it was that damned clown in Poltergeist that freaked me out when I was a kid.  Not a fan of clowns ever since.

I agree.  As a kid I had a raggedy andy doll that went away shortly after seeing that movie  The thing hung from my closet door, staring at me.  I don't remember many dreams, but I do remember having one several times about waking up and it not being there.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 5:07:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I just think clowns are annoying and not funny, unless its Homie D Clown
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 5:09:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't forget "Killer Clowns From Outer Space".
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 6:10:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I agree.  As a kid I had a raggedy andy doll that went away shortly after seeing that movie  The thing hung from my closet door, staring at me.  I don't remember many dreams, but I do remember having one several times about waking up and it not being there.

It wasn't a dream.

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 6:39:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Neither was Jaws.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 7:32:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, but at least with sharks they usually only catch the slowest swimmer.
Satanic clowns can pop out of any storm sewer or closet or from under any bed you may be nearest to.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 7:36:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Don't forget "Killer CKlowns From Outer Space".

Fixed it for you.  
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 8:01:17 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 6:54:29 PM EDT
[#11]
”Why don't you get back in your mouse and get outta here.”  Name that movie......
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:31:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
”Why don't you get back in your mouse and get outta here.”  Name that movie......

Uncle Buck.

I ain't got time to bleed.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:39:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Since we're posting pictures of scary clowns.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 8:24:28 PM EDT
[#14]
i like shriners.  i like what they do for others.  not really concerned about clowns one way or the other...  well, just ass clowns.  which we have a few of here in the ia htf...
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 9:28:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Freemasonry does alot of good work out there. There's also alot of brother mason in the pro gun community. +1 for Septic
Quoted:
i like shriners.  i like what they do for others.  not really concerned about clowns one way or the other...  well, just ass clowns.  which we have a few of here in the ia htf...

Link Posted: 7/6/2012 6:49:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yup, I too like the Freemasons and what they do.One of my older bothers IS a Freemason and his son also. I still don't like clowns. Uncle Buck punching the clown in the face is still one of my favorite movie scenes.
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 9:37:44 AM EDT
[#17]
they have a free manson forum here...  just found it the other day.

i hope to enter the shrine at some point when things slow down.  had a great friend who owned a huge airplane, as part of the 'flying fez' club and flew families all over the u.s. to burn hospitals so they could be with their children routinely and still keep a home intact through their trying times.  really great man...  he inspired the hell out of me when it came to doing things for others...

i always wanted to get to a spot in life where i could dedicate time, money, and passion to something like that...  too cool.
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 10:46:50 AM EDT
[#18]
When my niece was born with a shortened forearm the Shriners stepped in and helped get her artificial limb fitted and paid for. Thats what really convinced my brother to become one, his son, her older brother joined up too. They do a lot of stuff for people who don't even ask for help, thats what makes them so great. More people should be that way.We, my Wife,Daughter and I have been on the receiving end of goodwill and generosity also. We did'nt ask for help, good people stepped in and helped. I was raised to do that and I do help whenever I can.  "What you received as a gift, you should give as a gift"
Even little things done for others are sometimes the turning point in their lives. That .32 cents they need in the checkout line, letting someone in ahead of you, any small act of kindness is memorable to the recipient.
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 7:27:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Since we're posting pictures of scary clowns.

http://grburnett.us/storage/brclown.jpg

That's not a clown.............that's an accountant.  Nice patrol sling on the spade there TH.

Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top