Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 6/4/2008 8:51:25 AM EST
Not what you think

My neighbor is a state corrections officer, and everytime I get a new rifle he tells me..."Matt, you ever want to sell XYZ, let me know, I wana buy it off you"....tells me this about my Chinese UF AK, my little M4 Commando and most everything else ive got...

well I bought 3 RPKS so I needed some cash to pay the CC bill, so decided to sell off my Essential Arms M4 Commando he always tells me he wants to buy.

$750 for the rifle and a 20rnd Colt mag. He dropped the check off today.
The lower has a egged out hole for the buffer retaining pin, so I offered him to replace the lower with a brand new Stag mfg one, he said sure sounds great. Now I can swap out the PREBAN lower on it for a post ban, keep the preban for myself and he gets a new manufacture one (being a peace officer the pre/post ban status doesnt matter).

He is thrilled, I keep my preban lower, everyone wins.

Today after I got the check I ran next door to drop the rifle off to his girlfriend. She goes "ohhh George is going to be thrilled!", and I go "yep new toys...and its like the police buy back program, but I get a lot more money"

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 10:25:41 AM EST
So you basically beat him out of the $250 price difference between lowers in NY and sold him a rifle he can't keep if he leaves the Corrections job and come here to brag about it - about sum it up?? Well done.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 11:03:51 AM EST

Originally Posted By Dieter122:
Not what you think

My neighbor is a state corrections officer, and everytime I get a new rifle he tells me..."Matt, you ever want to sell XYZ, let me know, I wana buy it off you"....tells me this about my Chinese UF AK, my little M4 Commando and most everything else ive got...

well I bought 3 RPKS so I needed some cash to pay the CC bill, so decided to sell off my Essential Arms M4 Commando he always tells me he wants to buy.

$750 for the rifle and a 20rnd Colt mag. He dropped the check off today.
The lower has a egged out hole for the buffer retaining pin, so I offered him to replace the lower with a brand new Stag mfg one, he said sure sounds great. Now I can swap out the PREBAN lower on it for a post ban, keep the preban for myself and he gets a new manufacture one (being a peace officer the pre/post ban status doesnt matter).

He is thrilled, I keep my preban lower, everyone wins.

Today after I got the check I ran next door to drop the rifle off to his girlfriend. She goes "ohhh George is going to be thrilled!", and I go "yep new toys...and its like the police buy back program, but I get a lot more money"

i110.photobucket.com/albums/n83/Dieter122/CAR15/zDSC_0019x.jpg

ehh... You might want to have him check his dept. regs on that.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 11:42:27 AM EST
lol i hope u didnt screw him or u might have a swat team busting down ur door in search of "illegal firearms"
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 11:50:29 AM EST
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 2:08:01 PM EST
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 3:03:59 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/4/2008 3:05:04 PM EST by Dieter122]

Originally Posted By Bushman_269:
So you basically beat him out of the $250 price difference between lowers in NY and sold him a rifle he can't keep if he leaves the Corrections job and come here to brag about it - about sum it up?? Well done.

I offered, he wanted it and thanked me for the option. He is well aware of the legalities of if he is no longer a peace officer.

Originally Posted By Raptor22:
And that is not an M4.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XM177

Specifically, "Colt Commando" currently refers to the ultrashort 11.5-inch barrel assault rifle of the Model 733 series, marketed as the M4 Commando (formerly M16A2 Commando). By comparison, the M4 Carbine has an 14.5-inch barrel, while that of the M16 assault rifle is 20 inches.

seems like a M4 Commando to me..

man, who pissed in all your guys cornflakes this week? Everyone here is mega negative without a single nice thing to say. Not surprised activity in NY area is down....its doom, gloom....all overcast.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 3:05:46 PM EST

D felony upon seperation from service.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 3:07:40 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/4/2008 3:09:55 PM EST by Dieter122]

Originally Posted By 762DM:

D felony upon seperation from service.

its also illegal to install a swimming pool without a motion detector that will pick up objects the size of small children, attached to an audible alarm.

I found this out today at the pool store. Good thing I have a PREBAN POOL.

oh and here should be the banner for the NY section..

and the spokesperson...

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 3:33:36 PM EST
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 3:43:50 PM EST

Originally Posted By Dieter122:

its also illegal to install a swimming pool without a motion detector that will pick up objects the size of small children, attached to an audible alarm.

I found this out today at the pool store. Good thing I have a PREBAN POOL.

If this guy knows the legal considerations going into it, then I guess it's a non-issue. Worst case scenario, he can 'un-illeagize' it, if that makes sense.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 3:52:03 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/4/2008 3:52:03 PM EST by HiramRanger]
No need for a thread here AND GD on the same issue, the other thread is longer so that will be the official thread
Top Top