Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/29/2005 2:14:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/29/2005 2:20:01 PM EDT by Sparsky]
I've read of maybe 20 on the txdot website... one effects me.
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/director_staff/public_information/newlaws090105.htm

"HB 183 states that all children younger than 5 years of age (old law was younger than 4) and less than 36 inches tall are required to be in a child safety seat system. It also classifies safety seat infractions as moving violations for the first time."

Going to have to go buy a damn carseat now. F'in BS, should make them SOB's pay for it after I already got rid of the old one.

Got to love:
" SB 1005 provides that if a driver younger than 25 years of age commits a traffic offense classified as a moving violation, the judge must require the driver to complete a driving safety course—and, if the driver holds a provisional driver license (under 18 years of age), submit to a DPS road test. Failure by the driver to meet this requirement will result in a final conviction for that traffic offense."

Wonder if that means I can't take drivers ed to get the ticket off my record now, due to it being required.

Anyone know what the other 680 new laws are?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:17:23 PM EDT
Don't freak out too much. I'm sure the other 600+ laws will surely cover everything from traffic and criminal to boring stuff like insurance and various other laws.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:24:08 PM EDT

Originally Posted By jadams951:
Don't freak out too much. I'm sure the other 600+ laws will surely cover everything from traffic and criminal to boring stuff like insurance and various other laws.

Yea, but already I'd have been busted for HB183. My girl turned 4 in April and got rid of the car seat so now she's just strapped into the seat. Gunna have to by another seat and use it till April of 2006 and sell it.

No tellin what the other 680 laws might be, or how many of them I'll be braking just going about my normal everyday routine.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:57:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Sparsky:

"HB 183 states that all children younger than 5 years of age (old law was younger than 4) and less than 36 inches tall are required to be in a child safety seat system. It also classifies safety seat infractions as moving violations for the first time."

Going to have to go buy a damn carseat now. F'in BS, should make them SOB's pay for it after I already got rid of the old one.

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:34:16 PM EDT
More than likely, the other 699 deal with some type of taxes, even though they gave themselves a raise and a pension increase, it's a miracle they cannot agree on school funding. Both of mine have been in school three weeks and we just got a letter from the Superintendent that we have no books for your kids. Just placed my name on the next school board meeting, should be a very, very interesting board meeting.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:41:29 PM EDT
and, if the driver holds a provisional driver license (under 18 years of age), submit to a DPS road test. Failure by the driver to meet this requirement will result in a final conviction for that traffic offense."

As it stands now if the parents give the textbook and class part of the drivers ed calss the "student" doesn't have to drive with the DPS instructor. Back in the day I don't know how many of my friends flunked the driving test because the old, fat, rude, cigar smoking, DPS trooper feaked them out so bad they couldn't dive off of the DPS parking lot. We were all better drivers because of it.

If it re-installs that fear factor to getting or keeping your license....I'm all for it.

Put the cell phone down, roll into the middle of the intersection, make a 90 degree turn and do not cut the front end off of the car sitting on the white stripe at the stop sign damn it!
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 3:39:24 AM EDT
if they are anything like last year it will be things like no driving bicycles on sand dunes
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:28:58 AM EDT

Originally Posted By hk940:
if they are anything like last year it will be things like no driving bicycles on sand dunes

After all we all know how easy it is to pedal a bike on soft sand
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:25:35 AM EDT
Anyone under 21 driving a vehicle is prohibited from using a cell phone.
Top Top