Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2006 5:10:25 PM EDT
Two days ago my neighbor was shot twice. Once in the face and once in the chest and then a guy who owns a pawn shop down the street was shot in the head.  Whats going on around here.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:19:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:20:38 PM EDT
[#2]
..Where is this? LA or SF Bay Area?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:22:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Bay Area. I live in fremont.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:12:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Time to move.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:21:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Thats for sure. Its a pretty nice area too. But its just a matter of time before I move to northern Oregon. Hopefully the funds will allow us to move within the next 40-60 days.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:17:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Yea, I drove by that pawn shop Friday morning and the cops were EVERYPLACE. Stopped at the 7-11 and heard the owner of the pawn shop was shot in the head, he later died. Its very upsetting.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:44:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Better change your plates before you move.  Oregonians and Washingtonians are notorious for getting pissed at californians moving up there.  My grandma got her house egged and tires slashed and my aunt got her car spray painted GO HOME.  

And they were nice normal polite people, not trailer trash druggies or gangbangers.

It got better after they met their neighbors and changed to wa state plates, but my uncle moved to oregon and changed his plates before/as he moved, and no problems...
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:12:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Ya, I think I heard of one issue over the years. I am not going to worry about it. We plan on living in the country so we most likely wont have any dumb kids doing that. We will probably change our plates 1-2 days after we get up there. As far as all the team members in the Oregon forum. They welcomed me and my family. Seems like some great people up there. I am getting some guidance from everything from, jobs,where to live, and who to go to for my first nfa weapon and signoffs.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:30:24 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Ya, I think I heard of one issue over the years. I am not going to worry about it. We plan on living in the country so we most likely wont have any dumb kids doing that. We will probably change our plates 1-2 days after we get up there. As far as all the team members in the Oregon forum. They welcomed me and my family. Seems like some great people up there. I am getting some guidance from everything from, jobs,where to live, and who to go to for my first nfa weapon and signoffs.

I've seen pics from their shoots, and judging from their posts there are some great people up in OR.The only problem is OR is a  state with a couple of big citys ruining things for everyone else[much like us.] They voted for Kerry and have a Dem gov.They have already passed some really stupid hunting laws up there I would be worried that guns are next.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top