Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2006 11:59:08 PM EDT
My neighbor is beginning to drive me insane. I can't even come close to describing the place. Trash everywhere, starving pitbull, shooting in their backyard all the time which happens to be about 150' from my house.

Tonight I have been treated to Pantera and various assorted punk/Death metal bands, gunfire etc.

I went over once already and told them they needed to turn the music down as its an outside party and the reverb in my bedroom is going to keep me up all night. One of the guys came out and said they would no prob yadda yadda.

Now its cranked again, gunshots etc.

I am locked and cocked and Im about to fuckin lose it on these assholes.

I am getting old I guess, I just dont have the patience for this shit.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:06:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Move away from the trailer park?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:08:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Funny you say that, I am in the middle of BFE on 2.5 acres. I happened to move next to the den of assholes here in Kitsap.

It's gonna suck to be them when Im through with em.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:13:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Well they should be getting some interesting mailers soon. A nice start but I need something with more meat to it.

What next? I need some ideas here people.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:39:48 AM EDT
[#4]
How close are the other neighbors?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:08:15 AM EDT
[#5]
There are 4 of us relatively close. The lady in back of me has 7 kids so the neighborhood is teeming with kids for sure.

The music is one thing. I can deal with that but when I go over and get in this guys face and he draws down on me he is going to get a big suprise. I hope that isnt what it is going to come to but the sheriffs office so far has not done a thing as far as I can see to reign these guys in. I'd much rather hurt them than see my kids hurt by an errant bullett when I am off at work some day.

I need to get the other neighbors together on this so that we can coordinate our efforts to make this end.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:11:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Are they shooting now, or is that a past thing?

I would just call in a noise complaint and mention that they are out with a big party, loud music, drinking, and firearms...

Im not against any of those things, but after 10:00 with the firearms is the dealbreaker for me.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:19:20 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Are they shooting now, or is that a past thing?

I would just call in a noise complaint and mention that they are out with a big party, loud music, drinking, and firearms...

Im not against any of those things, but after 10:00 with the firearms is the dealbreaker for me.

That is the exact point where I called the sheriff.

I have some wood to cut and I think the sound of my Husqvarna is going to start early. If they are going to keep me up I might as well get up early and give them a few hours of early morning WTF.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:57:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Better yet about an hour after they go to bed sound off tannerite every hour on the hour. Let them get a taste of there own.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:37:16 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I need to get the other neighbors together on this so that we can coordinate our efforts interlocking fields of fire to make this end.

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:24:52 AM EDT
[#10]
You know, I hear a couple of CS grenades through the windows in the middle of the night can work wonders...

One might want to wear some thin gloves while attempting this, though, I would imagine. You know, PCCs/PCIs and such.

Time to make the donuts.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:27:32 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
My neighbor is beginning to drive me insane. I can't even come close to describing the place. Trash everywhere, starving pitbull, shooting in their backyard all the time which happens to be about 150' from my house.

Which ARFCOMer do you think it is?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:05:36 AM EDT
[#12]
tell the Sherrif they are drunk and shooting all over, oh, and that you keep getting strong whiffs of ether from their direction.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:23:07 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Tonight I have been treated to Pantera and various assorted punk/Death metal bands, gunfire etc.

I went over once already and told them they needed to turn the music down as its an outside party and the reverb in my bedroom is going to keep me up all night. One of the guys came out and said they would no prob yadda yadda.

Now its cranked again, gunshots etc.

I am locked and cocked and Im about to fuckin lose it on these assholes.

I am getting old I guess, I just dont have the patience for this shit.

I love it when Don tells storys of when he was young as if he was living next door to himself...

Honestly, your idea of getting your neighbors togeter on this might be the trick.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:26:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Ask to borrow their phone, then call 911 from it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:27:27 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
tell the Sherrif they are drunk and shooting all over, oh, and that you keep getting strong whiffs of ether cat piss  from their direction.

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:56:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Sounds like it's time for a BBQ/Shoot at Bosifus's house.  Let's shown them punks how to REALLY party!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:39:09 PM EDT
[#17]
1) Understand the laws where you live.  a) Noise laws, like 10:00PM b) is shooting legal there?   Now on to a new hobby for you if your family can stand it.  Each and every time they have a party that goes on as you described, you need to start working on an old junker car that you are thinking about putting into a demolition derby.  Park it as close as you can to their house, but on your property. This will let your buddies injoy in their need for unorganized noise too.  A 4 lb hammer on the bumper, fenders, and other large metal parts should do the trick.  Start about 6:00 AM, lightly work for 5 minutes, stop for 10, work for 5, stop for 5, and so on for a couple hours.  You don't want to injoy your new hobby with your buddies, and at the same time not stress yourself.  Think of it as unwinding for all of you from the partying from the night before.

Let your other neighbors know what you are doing, and I bet the parties may stop within two or three times.  If the parties stop, you wouldn't have to unwind any more.

On the shooting, if it is illegal, they are already giving you the rope you need to get it stopped.  You just have to document it, maybe video-tape it.  

If you go over there, you will become the bad guy if anything happens.  That's about the worst thing you can do.  Document and report, and repeat.  Keep it legal.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:15:14 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Ask to borrow their phone, then call 911 from it.

Then hang up. Bet someone shows to to check on the hang up.

But the best thing is to get the neighbors together and get all of you to start documenting there activities.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:43:56 PM EDT
[#19]
I'd think a call about drunken shooting would be enough. A comment like, "I'd swear I heard a couple of rounds whiz by when I was out in the yard." couldn't hurt either.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:37:48 PM EDT
[#20]
IIRC, in Kitsap Co. you cannot be shooting on your property unless it is over 5 acres or more. It's BS how the fuzz doesnt deal with shitbags, but if one of us were legally and safely shooting on our 5 the heat would be there lickety split.

It sure would be unfortunate for their shack to burn down.

Aren't you moving soon?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:06:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Well to make a long story short the property is over 5 acres but its about 100' from my house that I am presently building and 150' or so from the one I am living in now. Im going to take some advice and document the hell out of everything and make the sheriff get involved somehow.

I dont know if it is illegal to shoot here but I would bet it is.

I did call the sheriff last night and they didn't show. Must have been a busy night if loud parties with minors drinking and gunfire can't arrouse their interest. Oh well.

You know I did this exact same shit when I was a kid but the difference is I didn't have neighbors in the proximity like we are to them. I never let anyone shoot anything at any of my get togethers and we all managed to have a good time and not piss off everyone within 5 miles. Half the time the neighbor would come over and have a beer or two and that was that.

I can live with the music and partying its the friggin gunshots that are making me jumpy. That and the fact that their back yard is forward of my house.

I really need to post some pics of this place so you guys can get an idea of what I am dealing with. I'll try and get some tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:10:37 PM EDT
[#22]
ARFCOM party at bosifus' place! Can we get ahold of a case of blanks?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:44:37 PM EDT
[#23]
This sounds like a classic meth cooking party.  Sniff real carefully...  Do you smell any chemically scents?  Do you know what that stuff does to kids?  Cops should know about it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:49:55 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Well to make a long story short the property is over 5 acres but its about 100' from my house that I am presently building and 150' or so from the one I am living in now. Im going to take some advice and document the hell out of everything and make the sheriff get involved somehow.

You should also call your county's code enforcement department (Hi, Strat!  They gots laws galore!).  They may have a way to help, also.

I dont know if it is illegal to shoot here but I would bet it is.

Illegal or not, is it safe?  If not, video will help, unless someone actually gets hit.  If it's not safe, consider getting teh neighbors together, and sue them.  Also, check to see if there are any CC&R's recorded for their property (public information, if you know a real estate agent, they can help you get them from a title company, or the county auditor's office can help you find them), and if tehy are violating teh rules, sue them.

I did call the sheriff last night and they didn't show. Must have been a busy night if loud parties with minors drinking and gunfire can't arrouse their interest. Oh well.

Complain.  I know that those in law enforcement are just sick and tired of hearing this, but you do pay a part of their salary, and if the sherrif is going to offer law enforcement services in your area, they should damn well do it.  Call them every half hour until they show.  If you are in an area where the only number to call to get a deputy to respond after normal business hours is to call 911, then your calls are recorded.  Be polite and respectful, but demand a deputy respond.

Just a word about what may be going on:  The meth house across the street from us was left alone unless the place was on fire or there was a fight or something like that over there.  Then, one fine summer morn, at 0500, the SO served a search warrant and took everyone away in cuffs, and hauled thousands of dollars of stolen stuff out of there.  An SO sargeant came to talk to us later that morning, and apologized for not responding to some of the nuisance calls we'd made regarding the tweakers and the noise, traffic, and what not they made, but they were under investigation for drug dealing, and were given lots of rope to hang themselves with, which they did.  It's nice and quiet over there now.

Good luck, and don't be afraid to throw grass and weed seed on their roof.  It'll grow well now that the days are getting longer.  You said you are doing construction.  When can you start making noise in the morning?  6?  I think 6 is a very good time to get all your lumber cut, or to cut firewood with a chainsaw, just make sure you are near their house.  If you have any materials delivered, you tell each and every driver that the rule at your place is they must blow their truck's horn before driving on the property, moving from being parked, or backing up to warn anyone nearby.  Safety first!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top