Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2013 3:06:33 AM EDT
Well not really but what the hell. I’ve been thinking of converting from AR to AK. I’ve have had 3 in the last two year, I don’t think there for me. If I need accuracy I grab my bolt guns, ammo is hard to get (everything is right now). I love the reliability of an AK it’s simple and it’s one of the best battle rifles.

Any other AK guys around here.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:28:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I would bet the AK to AR transition is much more common here.

I don't own any AKs anymore
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:28:20 AM EDT
[#2]
While I do find the process of building an AK a bit more stimulating than assembling an AR, in the unlikely event that I needed to do some serious work I'd definitely choose one of my ARs over one of my AKs.

It's all about what you like. 16 years ago I would have told you the 760 pumpmaster was the gun to have.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 6:13:20 AM EDT
[#3]
WHAT THE F $#K ARE YOU THINKING! !!!!
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 6:30:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I had a weird dream too... Turns out I ate too many pistachios before bed last night.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 6:41:06 AM EDT
[#5]
I have never had a "higher end" AK and maybe that's what ruined me. My WASR was problematic and my IO AK had a canted front sight that ruined the gun for me. It's all what you like man. You should probably just have five of each.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:11:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Yep, I like mine very much.  But have slowly come to the realization that the AR would be my go to gun due to the amount of time I've carried one in the military and know the weapon by heart,
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:55:51 AM EDT
[#7]
I've got my AK set up for all the tactical stuff. I've put it through its paces, have plenty of mags and ammo, and found what accessories go where to make it work the way it needs to.

If you want to trade for your AR, we can work something out.

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 8:19:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Sounds like we got a commie in here boys. You gonna call JMB a homo too?
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 8:34:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Your poor AR's must be collecting dust... I'll take them off your hands for you so they're not taking up room in your safe

Seriously though, I prefer the AR platform. Ammo is a pain right now, but reloading is an alternative to save some cash. And hopefully prices will level off. Within the next 2 years I really enjoy the options you have with AR's. This is coming from someone who's only shot an AK a few times, never owned one. Maybe one day...
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 10:19:37 AM EDT
[#10]
I understand, the AK is simple, reliable, and shoots an effective round, with an Ultimak rail you can mount a modern optic or scout scope, you have the option of many different folding stocks, an option not typically available with the AR platform, the Glock is essentially the AK of the pistol world, so the AK should be seen as the Glock of the assault rifle world, I'm suprised you haven't recieved more support here.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 10:40:16 AM EDT
[#11]
I'll just leave this here...  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top