Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/5/2005 4:19:32 PM EDT
Just got back from the toyroom. Guys, I'm a very mellow person except when I have a coyote, cottonmouth, or vension in my gun sights. I have been cussed vehemently by idiots who never had a clue I had a gun in my hand as I smiled at them and walked/paddled away. But I just slowly and with the same careful deliberation I used when a Sp4 in Vietnam thirty five years ago loaded five thirty round magazines of AK ammo, chambered and safed one, then set the rifle with the four extra magazines in a central accessible location. I have always kept a double barrel 12 ga and a couple of pistols around the house strictly for HD, but I have a bad feeling. I sure hope this goes away in a few weeks.

rk
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:34:42 PM EDT
While I share your concern, and have made similar preparations, I do think this will go away. Perhaps I am being overly optimistic, but I do feel this will pass.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:38:48 AM EDT
I'm certainly more aware of what's going on around me these days. I'm now carrying some when/where I didn't before. I'm also keeping more guns loaded in the house than I had been.

Rick
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:32:22 AM EDT
I agree, guys.

For the time being, just ratchet up your DEF-CON up a notch;

Then, time to time, look around to see when you drop it down.

Keep your guard up at nite.

Top Top