Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2006 6:21:00 PM EDT
I bought 9 boxes of the Win. 223 value packs, and the lady behind the counter asked if I had many enemies.

I told her that I had a name for every round!

She laughed, and this led to her asking where she could shoot locally.  Unfortunately, there aren't any places to shoot in Statesboro.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:47:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:24:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, the closest package store is about a 20 min. drive, and the closest DNR range is about 45 min. away.  The only problem is that it is underwater most of the time.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:54:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:24:44 AM EDT
[#4]
GSU and no alcohol????  Must be brewing the home grown stuff
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:09:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Fucking dry counties in this day and age, I just don't get it.  That's just got to be in the top 10 stupid prohibitionist laws in existance.

When I left Chicago the city was on a vendetta to "yuppie-fy" everything and was allowing individual districts to vote themselves dry during local elections.  This was mostly catering to all the yuppie turds that bought over-priced housing near bar and restraunt districts and then decided they didn't like having drunk people stumbling around their neighborhood...HELLO???

Imagine waking up one morning and finding out that the bar you owned and made your livelihood off of yesterday is now illegal today.

Kind of the same soccer mom mentality of those that buy property near airports and shooting ranges and then complain about noise.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:01:13 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Fucking dry counties in this day and age, I just don't get it.  That's just got to be in the top 10 stupid prohibitionist laws in existance.

When I left Chicago the city was on a vendetta to "yuppie-fy" everything and was allowing individual districts to vote themselves dry during local elections.  This was mostly catering to all the yuppie turds that bought over-priced housing near bar and restraunt districts and then decided they didn't like having drunk people stumbling around their neighborhood...HELLO??? Imagine waking up one morning and finding out that the bar you owned and made your livelihood off of yesterday is now illegal today.

Kind of the same soccer mom mentality of those that buy property near airports and shooting ranges and then complain about noise.

That's like the morons who buy a house in an airport landing pattern and then whine about the noise.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:26:29 AM EDT
[#7]
What is even more stupid are the alcohol ordinances the city council just passed.  In an attempt to stop under-age drinking, the council, in all their wisdom, as outlawed drink specials and happy hours.  You can no longer buy more than one drink at a time, and if you are caught with more than one drink, you can be fined.

This all started when some left wing, panty-waste English professor heard about something called Ladies Lock-in.  No men allowed until 11pm.  This gives the ladies time to socialize with each other without having to beat the guys off.  Apparently this was sexist and demeaning to women.

I can't say that I am surprised.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:36:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:39:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:55:26 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What is even more stupid are the alcohol ordinances the city council just passed.  In an attempt to stop under-age drinking, the council, in all their wisdom, as outlawed drink specials and happy hours.  You can no longer buy more than one drink at a time, and if you are caught with more than one drink, you can be fined.

This all started when some left wing, panty-waste English professor heard about something called Ladies Lock-in.  No men allowed until 11pm.  This gives the ladies time to socialize with each other without having to beat the guys off.  Apparently this was sexist and demeaning to women.

I hate it when the women just start beating me off.  It's so rude.  

And sometimes messy.  

I was gonna say something about that but decided I would behave.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:13:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:39:28 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hate it when the women just start beating me off.  It's so rude.  

And sometimes messy.  

I was gonna say something about that but decided I would behave.

YOU holding back a comment!  

I call BS.  

No, really.  I know it is rare, but I was actually gonna be a good boy.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:49:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:02:18 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Be careful or I'll having some of gsu2720's girl friends come over and beat you off.  

Am I missing something?  You are using physical contact with females as a threat.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:49:46 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Be careful or I'll having some of gsu2720's girl friends come over and beat you off.  

Am I missing something?  You are using physical contact with females as a threat.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:13:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:04:20 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

So I bought some beer in Henry County last week and learned that 6 packs or less have to leave the store in a bag.  12 packs and cases can go out in their own box.  What possible contrived benefit could that ordinance have?  Oh, I know, let's cut down on drinking while driving by making people carry their beers in a bag.  Listen, if you can't get through the bag to the beer, you've already been drinking and driving!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:15:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Today is a good day!  The city council voted last night to repeal the ban on happy hour and drink specials!  Apparently there were some business that were losing too much money.  One in particular had losses of ~$10k since the ordinance was passed.

I think I will go order 2 drinks at once tonight.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:23:08 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Today is a good day!  The city council voted last night to repeal the ban on happy hour and drink specials!  Apparently there were some business that were losing too much money.  One in particular had losses of ~$10k since the ordinance was passed.

I think I will go order 2 drinks at once tonight.

Damn drunk.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:15:58 PM EDT
[#20]
he
This is a damn good day indeed!!!  Just as good as when they finally starting allowing liquor in restaurants to begin with!!! Now I'm gettin all misty eyed...

I'll drink to that...
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:13:41 PM EDT
[#21]
I am fairly new myself, but welcome aboard!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:43:44 PM EDT
[#22]
I had many a brewski in the 'boro. No beer stores anymore?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:16:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Yes, there are plenty of beer and wine stores.  No liquor though.  The nearest liquor store is about 15 miles out of town, at the county line,
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top