Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 3/16/2013 7:30:14 PM EDT
Lately I have been sporting around this panny dropper some of you have seen it before.

Well it was time to upgrade. This is my first actual street legal motorcycle. 2013 CRF 250L picked it up today at oklahoma Honda
Link Posted: 3/16/2013 7:38:27 PM EDT
did you buy it from Ray?
me, i'd rather have the C-70.
Link Posted: 3/16/2013 7:47:39 PM EDT
Oh I've still got the c-70. I debating on selling it or not. The guy who sold it to me was named Don and their GM also helped me out I believe his name was Shawn.

I'm new to riding so I will be riding this thing out in the pasture until I feel comfortable enough to take that safety course at OSU OKC. Any tips to riding would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/16/2013 7:55:36 PM EDT
black round side down.
Link Posted: 3/16/2013 8:16:52 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/16/2013 9:56:02 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Saleendude07:
Oh I've still got the c-70. I debating on selling it or not. The guy who sold it to me was named Don and their GM also helped me out I believe his name was Shawn.

I'm new to riding so I will be riding this thing out in the pasture until I feel comfortable enough to take that safety course at OSU OKC. Any tips to riding would be appreciated.

keep it on two wheels and watch for cars because their driver's aren't watching for you.

oh.........carry the best insurance coverage you can afford (both medical & vehicle); I been riding bike(s) for 37 years and sometimes they ride you

Link Posted: 3/16/2013 10:25:37 PM EDT
lol, somehow I can't picture you riding that scooter with saddle bags on it lol. I picture some skinny little nerd guy with an attempted moustache, a "Born To Ride" temporary tat on his shoulder and an old flight helmet for his skid lid.

The little enduro is pretty cool (do they still call them enduro's?). Did you get it to go on the street and offroad or just for on the road riding? That thing is just oozing fun....congrats!

I've been wanting a pink and black Harley V-Rod or pink and black sport bike but it's not quite in the budget.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 7:28:13 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Brandi:
lol, somehow I can't picture you riding that scooter with saddle bags on it lol. I picture some skinny little nerd guy with an attempted moustache, a "Born To Ride" temporary tat on his shoulder and an old flight helmet for his skid lid.

The little enduro is pretty cool (do they still call them enduro's?). Did you get it to go on the street and offroad or just for on the road riding? That thing is just oozing fun....congrats!

I've been wanting a pink and black Harley V-Rod or pink and black sport bike but it's not quite in the budget.

They call it a dual sport bike. It's not the best on the road and its not the best off road but its the best of both worlds. The gf and I went to the Harley place in Moore she was all about it. They are pretty damn expensive.

Link Posted: 3/17/2013 7:41:22 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Ndenway:

keep it on two wheels and watch for cars because their driver's aren't watching for you.

oh.........carry the best insurance coverage you can afford (both medical & vehicle); I been riding bike(s) for 37 years and sometimes they ride you

Just riding that scooter around I have noticed how blind some people are and how hard it is to speed away from dogs.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 7:45:33 AM EDT
What style of helmet would one wear with this type of bike. I have found a few that I like but the $550 price tag on it is a no go.... Are there any good local places or websites that have good prices on helmets?
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 9:13:13 AM EDT

They call it a dual sport bike. It's not the best on the road and its not the best off road but its the best of both worlds. The gf and I went to the Harley place in Moore she was all about it. They are pretty damn expensive.

that's no shit; while not quite as ex-wives & kids, girlfriends will keep you fairly broke.

Link Posted: 3/17/2013 9:15:54 AM EDT

Just riding that scooter around I have noticed how blind some people are and how hard it is to speed away from dogs.

yep

Link Posted: 3/17/2013 9:19:23 AM EDT
What style of helmet would one wear with this type of bike. I have found a few that I like but the $550 price tag on it is a no go.... Are there any good local places or websites that have good prices on helmets?

buy one of the "bell" helmets walmart sells for $50 and you're gtg.

you're more likely to die from blunt trauma to your body caused from impact with a car or ground than you are from a dent to your head

Link Posted: 3/17/2013 9:26:04 AM EDT
but there's other ways to die, seen Gary Busey lately?
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 9:39:26 AM EDT

you're more likely to die from blunt trauma to your body caused from impact with a car or ground than you are from a dent to your head

So what you are saying is I need to get a Michelin man suit and I should be gtg
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 10:09:09 AM EDT
Originally Posted By hotdog250j:
but there's other ways to die, seen Gary Busey lately?

the fucker was crazy before he wrecked his bike and slide his head into a curb; but yeah man, he's stupid crazy now even though the doc's removed the dent
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 10:13:34 AM EDT

So what you are saying is I need to get a Michelin man suit and I should be gtg

not at all man; you can wear all the armor you put on and still die; when your number's called all you can do is go fighting, screaming & cussing all the way.

Link Posted: 3/17/2013 10:19:39 AM EDT

I can't remember which website it was on but I got a nice HJC full helmet for just shy of $200 shipped. It has a sun shade that moves up and down similar to an aircraft pilot's helmet, the front flips up, and it has a spot to add a chatterbox. That was about 2 years ago. If you spend the time to look around online there are probably still some decent helmets out there for not that much money. I highly suggest going somewhere you can try on helmets before buying. I did that and found out I was wayyyyy off on my guess of my head size. I am something like a XXXL/XXXXL in motorcycle helmets.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 10:36:59 AM EDT
helmets are from extra small to big as the head of a bastard tomcat
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 10:53:35 AM EDT
Okla Honda has a big variety of helmets in stock, and we all buy from vendors such a s Parts Unlimited which has about anything you need.
they oughta cut you some slack, but you've kinda lost the edge now.
still, ask em.
the advantage is dealers usually won't sell flea market chinese crap.
Ajax Kawasaki , Performanbce Cycles, and the HOK stock lids, too.
buy as good a helmet as you can afford.
and being able to try one on for size is a absolute must.

you know what you want?
as in open face , wearing goggles or glasses..
full face w/o shield ,(goggles or glasses)
full face with shield.
and the ever popular counter culture flat black half helmet, or german spiked hat.
heck, even Captain America's helmet's coming back.
hopefully without Peter Fonda as a spokeman.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 10:55:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/17/2013 10:59:54 AM EDT by hotdog250j]
error 505 dupe, bleh.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 11:15:19 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 2:39:48 PM EDT
Originally Posted By hotdog250j:
Okla Honda has a big variety of helmets in stock, and we all buy from vendors such a s Parts Unlimited which has about anything you need.
they oughta cut you some slack, but you've kinda lost the edge now.
still, ask em.
the advantage is dealers usually won't sell flea market chinese crap.
Ajax Kawasaki , Performanbce Cycles, and the HOK stock lids, too.
buy as good a helmet as you can afford.
and being able to try one on for size is a absolute must.

you know what you want?
as in open face , wearing goggles or glasses..
full face w/o shield ,(goggles or glasses)
full face with shield.
and the ever popular counter culture flat black half helmet, or german spiked hat.
heck, even Captain America's helmet's coming back.
hopefully without Peter Fonda as a spokeman.

I was leaning towards this but I am willing to try anything out

Link Posted: 3/17/2013 2:50:11 PM EDT
oh the coolshitcrowd model
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 3:19:37 PM EDT
You could get a white Simpson Diamondback and pretend to be the "Stig".
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 4:07:36 PM EDT
I've been scraping remnants of scooter riders off the pavement for 21 years.

Spread my share of skin on the concrete too. Took off my Bell Star Magnum

after a long skid down the pavement and the insides fell out. The helmet was

all messed up, but my head was without a scratch.

The rider with a helmet survives a lot more than the one without a helmet.

Like Wingman said, full face is better. You get less scaring on your face.

Get the best you can afford that fits you. The vented ones are a necessity

in my book.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 5:42:44 PM EDT
I agree...it's a proven fact that riders who do have an accident who are wearing open face or the "turtle shell" helmet often suffer debilitating face and jaw damage if they survive. I've seen some pretty horrendous motorcycle accidents while working fire rescue/EMT and although I've been out of the business for several years I still cringe every time I see someone without a helmet or with the minimal styles. I had a motorcycle once and I did wear a helmet. One day I went around a corner at a relatively low speed and my back tire hit some dust and sand that had built up from other vehicles turning. My back tire shot out from under me like it was ice and basically slingshot my head onto the asphalt when the bike went down. Wasn't very fast, not fast enough to do any serious damage to my body but my head hit so hard it's difficult to even describe. I'm not sure if I lost consciousness or not but I was alone and had to get up and go home without help. When I looked at my helmet there was no doubt I wouldn't have survived even that low speed crash without it.

Bells and whistles are fine on a helmet as long as the helmet itself is quality to begin with, don't skimp, you may not get the chance to shop for a new one.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 8:08:11 PM EDT

Haha I've always wanted to be cool! This should put me there...... Right?
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 8:28:54 PM EDT
Only if you get the giant "Born To Ride" tattoo to go with it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:03:01 AM EDT

Like a trap stamp?
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 5:29:01 AM EDT
I`ve been down numerious times,all from "other drivers"

DON`t SKIMP on your helmet,FTLOG don`t skimp on your protection...

from experence,blue jeans stick to the road when you go down get ya some leather chaps,that you can take off when your not riding...
a riding jacket is a must,100+ degree temps soo what,better than road rash

DRESS for the CRASH not the ride.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 8:47:43 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 1:05:09 PM EDT

Like a trap stamp?

Well I wasn't thinking that but hey if that's where you want to put it then go for it. Maybe put the words around a flower of some kind.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:12:45 PM EDT
tampstamp like "free ride for truckers"
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:38:38 PM EDT
I'm guessing a tramp stamp would be like a bumper sticker for bikers...could be the start of something big like tattooed advertisements on plumbers crack lol.

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 5:04:09 PM EDT
Originally Posted By twistergixxer:

That would tick off Patrickcudd and Rat.
It could cut into their business.

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 6:16:12 PM EDT
Originally Posted By mcant20:
Originally Posted By twistergixxer:

That would tick off Patrickcudd and Rat.
It could cut into their business.

I don't want to start a turf war or anything, I'll hold off on the tat for now.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 6:28:47 PM EDT

Haha I've always wanted to be cool! This should put me there...... Right?

just because you have cool toys, they don't make you cool

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 6:30:10 PM EDT

Like a trap stamp?

Well I wasn't thinking that but hey if that's where you want to put it then go for it. Maybe put the words around a flower of some kind.

that ought to make him the belle of the ball the next time he's in jail

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 1:28:01 AM EDT

that ought to make him the belle of the ball the next time he's in jail

That stuff must not really happen in jail or else Patrickcudd would be trying to get a life sentence.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 6:16:03 AM EDT
Helmets- Leatherup and Jafrum
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 3:49:17 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Chucks1911:

I thought Kentucky hillbillies' heads were too hard to need Helmets.

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 4:27:13 PM EDT
Originally Posted By mcant20:
Originally Posted By Chucks1911:

I thought Kentucky hillbillies' heads were too hard to need Helmets.

that's why he wears one of them 1920's leather football helmets

Top Top