Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2012 4:18:51 PM EDT
if a state passes a law which legalizes marijuana for personal use, the fed gov. steps in and says NO WAY ! Federal law says its illegal and it is illegal.  federal law trumps state law.
so if a state passes a BS AWB and people complain... the fed gov. says that the state law is above federal law.
So which is it?  
there is no federal law (at the moment) prohibiting me from owning a AR15 with a bayo lug, telescopic stock and a FH...why is they get to pick and choose what laws are at a state level and which are federal?

I know this is no legal questions friday ...so this is more of a statement.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:55:14 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

if a state passes a law which legalizes marijuana for personal use, the fed gov. steps in and says NO WAY ! Federal law says its illegal and it is illegal.  federal law trumps state law.

so if a state passes a BS AWB and people complain... the fed gov. says that the state law is above federal law.

So which is it?  

there is no federal law (at the moment) prohibiting me from owning a AR15 with a bayo lug, telescopic stock and a FH...why is they get to pick and choose what laws are at a state level and which are federal?

I know this is no legal questions friday ...so this is more of a statement.
We are in New York, logic does not apply here.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:00:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:21:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Fed has law that assault weapons are illegal
State passes law that assault weapons are legal
Fed law trumps state and fed pushes the issue fed wins

Fed has no law about aw being illegal
State can still pass law making them illegal. Lack of a fed law does not prohibit state

Get out of here with facts and shit, we dont need that
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:36:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I understand what you're asking, but have no answer....Seems Laws are cherry-picked between the federal and state governments.
CO says marijuana is legal, Feds say no way. I say States should have the power (as directed and allowed by it's citizens) to enact their own laws; federal says it's our way or no funding for you.  Fed wants control over everyone and everything with the states acting as their managers. State want to run things their own way with uncle sam paying the bill.
We need the Federal to keep the State from getting out of control, but who's going to keep the Federal in check? our representatives? all they want is the paycheck and power to manipulate peoples lives at a whim.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:28:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I understand what you're asking, but have no answer....Seems Laws are cherry-picked between the federal and state governments.
CO says marijuana is legal, Feds say no way. I say States should have the power (as directed and allowed by it's citizens) to enact their own laws; federal says it's our way or no funding for you.  Fed wants control over everyone and everything with the states acting as their managers. State want to run things their own way with uncle sam paying the bill.
We need the Federal to keep the State from getting out of control, but who's going to keep the Federal in check? our representatives? all they want is the paycheck and power to manipulate peoples lives at a whim.  

that's kinda what I meant..

I mean AZ passes a law to tighten up on illegal immigration...the gov. steps right in and says it's  infringing on peoples rights, it's unconstitutional.
NY passes a law infringing on our  legal right to bear arms....and  the gov. is silent...

might  be  legal and correct from the gov. standpoint....but still doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever!
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:07:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

that's kinda what I meant..

I mean AZ passes a law to tighten up on illegal immigration...the gov. steps right in and says it's  infringing on peoples rights, it's unconstitutional.
NY passes a law infringing on our  legal right to bear arms....and  the gov. is silent...

might  be  legal and correct from the gov. standpoint....but still doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever!

Quit trying to make sense of NY's laws.  It'll only end up hurting your brain.  Been there, done that, and now I'm 3/4 retarded.  Potato.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 6:01:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quit trying to make sense of NY's laws.  It'll only end up hurting your brain.  Been there, done that, and now I'm 3/4 retarded.  Potato.

potatoe, as said our former CiC, thus became federal recognized spelling
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top