Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2005 5:52:17 PM EDT
Well after reading about the guy in Tampa having his rifle and other things stolen it got me to thinking.... My guns are locked up but I have no Photos of them with serial numbers on the back of the photos. Made 2 copies just in case. Do it now or be sorry later.....

SLUG-O  
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:28:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Doing it tonight when I get home from work Slug.  Thanks for the idea and reminder.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:28:19 AM EDT
[#2]
You might even consider a "firearms rider" with your homeowner's insurance (you DO have insurance, right?)
I found out that State Farm does not insure guns in particualr and you need to add the rider to get full value protection.
I've been writing down serial numbers and taking pix for years now- Can you guess how I learned THAT lesson?- and I also provide a list to my insurance agent to be included in my policy folder.
You have to be diligent in updating the list whenever you buy new toys... which reminds me- I need to re-do mine!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:17:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Yep, pics of my serial #'s of all my guns.

My homeowners insurance covers my guns. All 3 of them.

HS1
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:37:06 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You might even consider a "firearms rider" with your homeowner's insurance (you DO have insurance, right?)
I found out that State Farm does not insure guns in particualr and you need to add the rider to get full value protection.
I've been writing down serial numbers and taking pix for years now- Can you guess how I learned THAT lesson?- and I also provide a list to my insurance agent to be included in my policy folder.
You have to be diligent in updating the list whenever you buy new toys... which reminds me- I need to re-do mine!

Excellent advice - and true, most policies do not cover guns, or they have a very low cap of approx. $500.00 for all firearms.

Read your policy.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:52:06 AM EDT
[#5]
The armscare plus insurance via the NRA is a great deal too.  For those that don't own a home and have home owners insurance.

Lucky me we have 100% registration here so i have verification of serial numbers and proof of arms i own.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:44:42 AM EDT
[#6]
You guys also should consider storing your photos onto a online photo center. Make sure you dont have an address to the photos. I say this because if your house goes up in smoke your photos will not go with it also and when you are at the police station you can just bring up the photos rather than trying to find them threw your wrecked house. I have my guns, electronics, jewelry and furniture all stored online just for insurance reason. Also consider scanning in reciepts.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:48:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Well after reading about the guy in Tampa having his rifle and other things stolen it got me to thinking.... My guns are locked up but I have no Photos of them with serial numbers on the back of the photos. Made 2 copies just in case. Do it now or be sorry later.....

SLUG-O  

SLUG-O do you have any idea how long that would take my dad and myself! to do....
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:04:44 PM EDT
[#8]
one other thing to check, is if your homeowners policy, most come with a std policy but only up to a certain $$ amount. Mine is $2,000 and for approx. $60 a year you can up it to $10k that covers anywhere in the US & territories(or atleast my homeowners does).....so it'd be good to check out before you find out in a bad way.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:21:42 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
You guys also should consider storing your photos onto a online photo center. Make sure you dont have an address to the photos. I say this because if your house goes up in smoke your photos will not go with it also and when you are at the police station you can just bring up the photos rather than trying to find them threw your wrecked house. I have my guns, electronics, jewelry and furniture all stored online just for insurance reason. Also consider scanning in reciepts.

Now that's an excellent idea; I may have to look into that! I have a safe deposit box that I store the digital photos and other stuff in, but that gives another option.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:30:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Jake, do you have any idea how long you will be kicking your own ASS for not doing it if you get robbed???
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:54:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Jake, do you have any idea how long you will be kicking your own ASS for not doing it if you get robbed???

We'll get the safe in this weekend or next week.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:05:23 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
The armscare plus insurance via the NRA is a great deal too.  For those that don't own a home and have home owners insurance.

Wait till you need to use the insurance from the NRA. I tried to after getting 2 guns stolen. They told me I lived in a "high crime area" and they wouldn't cover it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:32:52 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We'll get the safe in this weekend or next week.

Good for you. BTW, you're a bad influence and so is Slug-O. I told Stan that I wanted one of the VEPR-Ks in 7.62x39 when he gets them in. BTW, big +1 on the photos and serials. My Dad sent me a coopy of his and he's got a copy of mine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top