Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/25/2014 10:05:03 AM EDT
...but did Dave Hendersons Outdoor column this week have it right?
The renewable pistol permit thing starts up this year in a few test counties, and once your permit gets updated it's by NYSP and your permit issuance is entirely out of the loop at your local county permit office after that?
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 11:04:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
The renewable pistol permit thing starts up this year in a few test counties, and once your permit gets updated it's by NYSP and your permit issuance is entirely out of the loop at your local county permit office after that?
View Quote

That is correct.
The pilot counties are Albany, Schenectady, and Fulton.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 11:29:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That is correct.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is correct.

I guess I didn't realize that while they had their hands in the renewal process that they'd actually be the source of the physical renewed permit
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 11:37:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Nobody should be renewing now!
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 11:41:53 AM EDT
[#4]
So are we hoping for real NYS Pistol permits...without the local restrictions like hunting/range only......one can only wonder
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 12:16:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So are we hoping for real NYS Pistol permits...without the local restrictions like hunting/range only......one can only wonder
View Quote

NYSRPA (last I asked) position was NOT in favor of State issued Licenses.
It's a double edged sword that will inevitably be used to slay us all: Can you imagine every handgun owner in the State having to pay $300. every five years like NYC? How about your "non-restricted" licenses being summarily restricted to comply with the rest of the State?
Rural, less populated, more laissez-faire County residents being lumped into the same restrictive premise as say those of NYC? Oh Waite, that's what the un-SAFE act did. ..It's bad enough governmental power at the local level is being centralized to Albany. (also true on the Federal level)  The whole thing should be scrapped, but the do-over might be worse than what we have now.  
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 12:32:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I wonder where the funding for this "renewal program" will come from.

I wonder how they will man this cluster fuck.

I wonder wonder who, who wrote the book of love.  Sorry my mind wanders
when I wonder.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 7:41:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

when I wonder.

View Quote

All that money saved by shutting down co is will now fund the renewals.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 9:25:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm hoping to be moved out of nys by the time i have to renew and they can do what ever the freak they want then.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 10:01:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm hoping to be moved out of nys by the time i have to renew and they can do what ever the freak they want then.
View Quote

The invitation will be to recertify immediately although recertification is not required prior to January 31, 2018

So what's going to happen when hundreds of thousands of Licenses need renewal all at once?

I too will either be completely out of this State, dead, or a prisoner by the time all this bullshit is due.  
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 11:29:21 PM EDT
[#10]
If we register now we are only showing our willingness to go along with these bullshit laws. This connecting of all other types of licensing that is issued in NYS with our drivers license is just a bunch of bullshit control by the state! And a BIG FUAC!!!
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 12:18:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Does anyone sell plate carriers for dogs?
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 5:49:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 5:51:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 8:30:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
There will be some kind of renewal fee, I assume. I assume the county will still have control over what type of permits are issued. Would suck if the NYSP start altering permits  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

when I wonder.

There will be some kind of renewal fee, I assume. I assume the county will still have control over what type of permits are issued. Would suck if the NYSP start altering permits  

19) Recertification discrepancies must be corrected by amendment to the Licenses at the County level.  Applicants will be instructed to do so.
23) The recertification application is just like a pistol permit application without the refrences.  The applicant is required to list all arrests, drug or alcohol treatment, mental illness or family court petition or charge.
28) Positives will be referred to the licensing officer for revocation or clarification.
29) If the NYS Police determine that it cannot recertify the permit, the recertification is sent to the Licensing Officer. (Lt. Xxxxxxx indicated that the permit holder will have his entire application reviewed by the State Police and the application may be referred to a licensing officer for further review even if the information disclosed on the recertification application is the same as the information provided on the initial pistol permit application.  This is not limited to Federal prohibitors.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 8:57:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Place your bets on the number of lawsuits this change inspires.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 9:01:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

33) After January 31, 2018 the Law states that failure to recertify is an automatic revocation.  Likely it will fall to the Licensing Officer to actually revoke the permit.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 9:18:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

33) After January 31, 2018 the Law states that failure to recertify is an automatic revocation.  Likely it will fall to the Licensing Officer to actually revoke the permit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, no constitutional infringement there!
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 10:22:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So is this where our County Sheriffs go toe to toe with the NYSP?

Or is Jan 2018 the month that they release the current prisoners
to make room in jail for all us poor bastards who have done nothing wrong?

Fuck me sideways. I am so tired of this shit.

Link Posted: 12/27/2014 12:16:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Seriously plate carriers for dogs - can stryker approve a group buy?
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 12:19:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 12:21:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 1:42:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Sooooooooo glad I am no longer in NY.  It's like it was designed so most people would just say fuck it and take their pistols to the next "buy-back" program.

FUAC
FUNY
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 6:08:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

That is correct.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is correct.

Figures
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 10:25:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Figures
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is correct.

Figures

I just got off the phone with another regular who, when we were done talking the finer details of his next transfer, mentioned he's looking at moving to PA
I have to wonder how many hard-working NY gun owners this state will ultimately lose over SAFE 1, not to mention future legislation that will continue to tighten the screws on gun owners
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 5:34:58 PM EDT
[#25]

Florida requires the SS# for renewal now too. In their packet, they provide the section of law that allows them to ask. The SS card that was issued to me actually says, "not to be used for identification purposes".
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 7:39:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
So, what? You going to turn in your pistols or just wait for the deputies to show up at your door?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, what? You going to turn in your pistols or just wait for the deputies to show up at your door?  

From what I understand what they are doing now is voluntary. If legally we do not have to renew untill Jan 2018, why would we?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:11:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Sheriff Thomas Lorey of Fulton County (one of the counties in Cuomo's pistol permit re-certification pilot program under the NY SAFE Act) asks New Yorkers to throw the invitations in the garbage !

http://youtu.be/uuipnSxWN2A
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:20:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

From what I understand what they are doing now is voluntary. If legally we do not have to renew untill Jan 2018, why would we?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

HA!
Throw a party and no one shows up....
It's long past time to tell those who would control our lives to fuck-off!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top