Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2004 8:19:58 AM EDT
Why, you ask?

Separated from and in the process of divorcing my wife of 27 years.  (She moved away in December.)
Last child graduates from HS on 5/29 and will moving off to get a job and further his education in early June in SE Texas.
My bosses (that's a whole other issue) want me to move to Tyler and develop a new sales territory.

After nearly 25 years of home ownership, I am living in an apartment and enjoying it.  I will need to find a nice complex, preferably on the south side of town.

I am ready to leave the D/FW Psychoplex.

Any secrets to living in Tyler?

What company is going to be the best cell phone provider in the area?

Also, going to need a new church home.  Looking for a charismatic, Spirit-filled, non-yuppie Body of Christ.  Invites and suggestions welcome.

Regards,
Mahatma
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 11:00:07 AM EDT
[#1]
You might try looking down around Lake Palestine.  My wife and I have our travel trailer down there and the lake is very nice.  The private campground we are in is about 15 miles south of the loop in Tyler.  I don't know if there are any apt. complexes down there but it couldn't hurt to look.  I worked in Tyler a few years back and a lot of the people I worked with lived outside of the Tyler city limits.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 12:26:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the idea.  The thought of living a bit out in the country didn't cross my mind.  I'll look into that.

Mahatma
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 12:55:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top