BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2006 12:05:39 PM EDT

I have committed no felony
I have assaulted no person
I have molested no child
I have caused no harm or injustice to society, ever.

I have only the desire to protect myself and help my community by obtaining a concealed weapons permit.  For this I have been fingerprinted for the first time in my life.  I suppose   its a necessary thing, and I realize that anybody who deals with kids (teachers, 4H, boy scouts, etc.) all have to be fingerprinted.  But I cant help but think the people that really need to be fingerprinted are criminals, not littel 'ol me who wants to carry a concealed weapon.

My rant is over I suppose, hopefully my background check comes back fairly soon so I can get the actual license.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:40:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Well you got printed for all the RIGHT reasons JR.  Glad to hear you made the move and got your CCW!  Don't sweat being in the system, I've been in it since I was 18, been printed over and over again for security clearances and CCW's.  

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:16:50 PM EDT
[#2]

you're scaring me
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:36:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Oops, that was supposed togo in AZs Illegal Immigration thread....but it works here too
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:52:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Well you got printed for all the RIGHT reasons JR.  Glad to hear you made the move and got your CCW!  Don't sweat being in the system, I've been in it since I was 18, been printed over and over again for security clearances and CCW's.  

Thanks for the reassurance.  
There's nothing on my record so everything should go smoothly.  Now I've got to decide which gun I want to carry (first, the carry gun may change) and find a good holster for it.

Tinfoil?  Yeah probably a little bit, it's just my nature to be cautious about such things.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:56:01 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Now I've got to decide which gun I want to carry (first, the carry gun may change) and find a good holster for it.

You getting rid of your Kimber?

As far as the tin hat goes......remember Red Dawn!!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:21:29 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Now I've got to decide which gun I want to carry (first, the carry gun may change) and find a good holster for it.

You getting rid of your Kimber?

As far as the tin hat goes......remember Red Dawn!!

Give it up dude, I'm not getting rid of the Kimber!

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:29:00 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Give it up dude, I'm not getting rid of the Kimber!

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:52:47 PM EDT
[#8]
First time?!?

Jeez, I must have prints in 5 states.  Not to mention the background check for work.

I'm so in the system its not even funny.  Kinda makes you wonder when that information will be used against you.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:07:32 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
...  Kinda makes you wonder when that information will be used against you.

Exactly.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:53:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Took my CCW class last weekend and felt EXACTLY the same way you did when I got printed, jollyroger!
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:27:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Took my CCW class last weekend and felt EXACTLY the same way you did when I got printed, jollyroger!

Holy Shit...HD's packin' heat...
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top