Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2005 8:11:40 PM EDT
Ok guys, I have been asked by a friend of mine to fly with him on missions of mercy to NO and Mississippi this weekend..

the only problem is I only have 2 30s for my AR.

I hate askin for help, but I need to know if anyone has any spare mags they would be willing to loan me just for the weekend

I am up in the woodstock area and I would be more than happy to drive to y'all

normally I would buy some but my local shop (eds guns only has 1 for 35 bucks)

I need to get atleast 4

thanks y'all and god bless
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:17:14 PM EDT
[#1]
4................ALL YOU NEED IS 4!?!??!?

Check your IM!

Accountant
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:29:46 PM EDT
[#2]
if anyone knows a good source for 5.56 too, lemmie know, I am gonna make an ammo run tomorrow
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:33:31 PM EDT
[#3]
what brand of ammo you looking for?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:00:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Just stuff good on people, unfortunately

all of this may have to be used against hostile crowds, but Accountant and I have talked on the phone, looks like he's got me covered

bless you all
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:34:06 AM EDT
[#5]
I dont have any ar mags but I have an ak and 6 mags and a 75 round drum for that, If you need some backup let me know, My brother is stationed out there. I would love to go.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:27:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Let me know if you need any more.  I have a few I could spare for the weekend.  XM193 too, if you need it.  I live in Kennesaw.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:39:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Damn, wish I wasn't working this weekend.  Would love to tag along and lend a hand.  

Of course, I'd be torn on deciding which guns to take.  Bushmaster M4A2 with 90 round drum or WASR-10 with 75rd drum.  Just picked up a Desert Eagle 44 Magnum Mark VII that I'm dying to try out too.

Anyhow, be safe over there and watch your Six.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:31:27 AM EDT
[#8]
If you feel like an hour drive across town I'll loan you anything you need including ammo, 30 round mags and a Beta drum.

Call me on my cell ASAP if interested. I'll be leaving for an offshore fishing trip in the next hour, but I can leave the gear with a friend.

***CELL NUMBER DELETED SINCE IT LOOKS LIKE ACCOUNTANT 30339 HOOKED HIM UP***

Todd
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:56:35 AM EDT
[#9]
He should be in good shape. I loaned him some equipment, lots of mags, and a good supply of ammo.

Accountant
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:39:42 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Ok guys, I have been asked by a friend of mine to fly with him on missions of mercy to NO and Mississippi this weekend..

I hate askin for help, but I need to know if anyone has any spare mags they would be willing to loan me just for the weekend

I need to get atleast 4

Need any manpower?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:07:11 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I need to get atleast 4

Need any manpower?

^^ LarryG wants to find out, firsthand, if the 7.62x51 out of an Armalite AR-10 gas-powered semiautomatic rifle is indeed a one shot looter stopper.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:42:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I need to get atleast 4

Need any manpower?

^^ LarryG wants to find out, firsthand, if the 7.62x51 out of an Armalite AR-10 gas-powered semiautomatic rifle is indeed a one shot looter stopper.

Ssshhhh!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:21:16 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I need to get atleast 4

Need any manpower?

Ssshhhh!

Just remember, the Box of Truth always has pics.  

ARH

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:54:33 PM EDT
[#14]
accountant really stepped up

thanks everyone for your help and offers to help, I think we got the manpower, now we just wait for the calls

*tapps foot*
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:27:22 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm in for extra gear and ammo if you need it in the future.

Put my name on the list for manpower too...

<edit: even if you just need help with the heavy lifting, let me know.>
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:33:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Thank you for your efforts.
I've been staging things for past 3 days for my trip back to support as well.
As some of you know I moved here from South La. back in Feb.
Many many of my friends lost everything but everyone I've talked to directly or gotten reports on are safe.
As you said, it's unfortunate we have too, but we're armed up and ready to go back and get some of Jeff's stuff.  He got the report that his house is safe, but he was on vacation when all this went down and got nothing out of it.  Many have made it over to the westbank where he lives and looting was starting to get bad.  National guard presence is there now with orders to shoot on site for looters.

Be safe and thanks again, this one's hit close to home for me and I appreciate what you guys are doing to help out.  If you need gear for any follow up trips let me know.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:40:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Belfry_Express,

How did it go over the weekend?

Accountant
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top