Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2004 9:32:55 AM EDT
I just glanced at my Republican Primary ballot.  I am somewhat dismayed at several things.

1)  There is no challenger to McCain.  

2)  No challenger to Shadegg (although I like him anyway)

3)  Basically, other than the race for Sheriff, I don't know who anyuu of the candidates are.  

How many of you actually know who you are voting for for say Corporation Commisionar?  Or what they do?  How bout County Treasurer?  

I admit, I don't know anything about any of them.

Sad state of affairs this is.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:49:09 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I just glanced at my Republican Primary ballot.  I am somewhat dismayed at several things.

1)  There is no challenger to McCain.  

Hmm...

I would vote Democrat in that case, I think.  

I'd rather a real Demo than that damned RINO.

Down here in Tucson I'm interested in what Graff has to say.  His radio ads certainly kick Kolbe's ass.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:49:19 PM EDT
[#2]
[edited to remove stupidity]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:13:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Same here Jimmy!

I'm still undecided on Sheriff.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:44:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Randy Graff will get my vote. He is all for closing the holes in the Mexican border as well as very pro-gun. Enough issues to satisfy me for now.

Kevin
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:08:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, I need to do my homework on a lot of these  positions.  But for the Senate I will  leave it blank as a statement about how I feel about old John.  I will vote for Shadegg even though he is unopposed.

Based on my email exchange with Saban, and his stated positions on his webpage, and the support he is getting from the rank and file, I am swinging his way.  Joe never did me no wrong, and I think a lot of the attacks on him are spiteful and based on smoke, but I also think he has become a liability to the county in a lot of ways.

Well, time t o study.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:32:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Well, I need to do my homework on a lot of these  positions.  But for the Senate I will  leave it blank as a statement about how I feel about old John.

My question is simply....If you do leave it blank...Will your ballot be Counted or null & void because of the Fact that you (Read... I left it blank 'cause I can't bring myself to Vote for McCain)...Or do I need to Hand Write Someones Name There???

P.S....I'm using mail in ballot for the Primary...I assume this is the Reference that this thread is about!!!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:09:11 PM EDT
[#7]
You should see my Libertarian primary ballot.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 12:36:05 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You should see my Libertarian primary ballot.

+1
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:18:49 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Randy Graff will get my vote. He is all for closing the holes in the Mexican border as well as very pro-gun. Enough issues to satisfy me for now.

Kevin

I have exchaged a few letters with Graff over a particular issue and can tell you, he is EXTREMELY pro gun.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:24:47 AM EDT
[#10]
I sent my ballot in and voted for Graff and left John McCain blank.  When it comes down to the November election, I may vote for Kolbe if he is on the ballot and I will vote against John McCain even if I have to vote Democrat.  John McCain a has got to go.  McCain is anti-gun no matter what he says.  It is on his own senate website.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:35:01 AM EDT
[#11]
I agree, McCain needs to go! You can't even even tell if he is supporting Bush or Kerry right now. Actually, he seems to be sucking up to Kerry and must be expecting something in return if the leftist Kerry gets elected. Demanding the ads from the Swift Boat vets be pulled is too much!

Kevin
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 12:32:31 PM EDT
[#12]
You guys got it right!  I'm writing in my own name rather than vote for mccain!
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 2:25:49 PM EDT
[#13]
No need to be imbareassed

I had to do a "goggle search" on most of the canidates for their stand on issues.

It save me from voting for some dem's in republician clothing.

Do the search, so your vote counts.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 7:18:02 PM EDT
[#14]
I've done my research.  I feel better about myself now.

Course, that could be the port/cognac I'm drinking.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:05:51 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
You guys got it right!  I'm writing in my own name rather than vote for mccain!

I usually write in my own name or Jefferson Davis in these cases, but you may want to also consider the Libertarian candidate when there is one.
Kevin
"Don't blame me, I voted for Jefferson Davis"
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 2:25:13 PM EDT
[#16]
John McCain has sold out every gun owner in Arizona. I honestly beleive in a pinch this confused Senator would vote with the Democracts in a heartbeat. Everyone of us here from AR-15.com should E-Mail or write him and let him know that we are all voting against him because of his crap. As you know there are a hell of alot more Democrats here in AZ than the past. So if enough die hard Republicans vote against him see ya John McCain. He needs to be held accountable for his actions on Capitol Hill. So the way I see it is he's only got 1 more run at the Senate at the most.
So his true colors will come out more because he can retire soon. All it takes is talking with family and freinds, internet, so on and so forth and the ball gets rolling. So drop him a 1 min e-mail and let him know what you think. Hey you never know but a long shot is better than no shot..............
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:18:26 PM EDT
[#17]
I re-registered from Flag too late to vote in the primary...

Damn! I just saw a Stan Barnes ad on TV where Jeff Flake was on O'Reilly saying that "Americans benefit from Undocumented Immigrants....WTFFFFF!!!!!!

You sellout Piece of SHIT!!!

I wish I could vote for Barnes. That clip pissed my world off.

Sadly, and I know this is gonna piss a few of you off, but Flake is LDS, and they vote, lemming-like for their own. America loses, again.

D.
AZEX
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:08:31 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Sadly, and I know this is gonna piss a few of you off, but Flake is LDS, and they vote, lemming-like for their own.

Doesn't piss this Mormon off one bit. It's too true unfortunately. It'd be nice if more people actually read up on what these guys stand for. But in the absence of that, they are going with someone who they believe stands for the same core values they do. Can't blame them for that.

Let's just hope that the rest of the LDS population realizes that Barnes is LDS too.  Barnes actually called and talked to my wife for 5-10 min last week. She said he was very cool and was sorta giddy when she told him she had already filled out our ballots and voted for him.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:41:54 PM EDT
[#19]
That makes me feel better about his chances.

My post was not meant as a slam against LDS.
They love their guns, and what else can any of us as of a group of like-minded folks?

D.
AZEX
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:59:15 PM EDT
[#20]
McCain is up for reelection?

Havent seen a single sign or TV ad for his bitch ass.  As much as I hate that piece of shit, Ill have to vote for him.  Things are too close in the Senate and he has been licking GWB's hoop.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:46:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Vote for the Libertarian running against McCain.

McCain will win in a landslide but if the Demorat gets more votes than McCain expected he might start thinking that he needs to become even more Liberal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top