Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2006 1:40:04 AM EDT
I'm looking for some place to go with a range of 200+ yards where I can try to dial in my bolt guns.   I'm not a member of any gun clubs and would likely have to do it on a Wednesday.   I'm in Oregon City so anything within reasonable driving distance would work.   Most of the gravel pits are all around 100yds at max
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 4:16:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Tri-County Gun Club has 200/300 yard range.  If you're not a member they have sight in days in September, it's $5 per gun and they provide targets and have volunteers to help out.  Here's a link to the club calender, looks like the weekend of 9/16 and 9/23.

http://sardinia.globat.com/~tcgc.org/cgi-bin/calendar.pl?month=9
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 6:12:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club http://www.douglasridge.org/ is on hwy 224 to Estacada, they have a 200 yard range that's open all the time and a 1000 yard range that's open on special days.

E-mail me and I'll let you know the next time I'm going out there. Non-members pay a $5/day range fee.

BSW
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 7:31:05 AM EDT
[#3]
And if you really want to be cheap, the back wall of Brown's Camp gravel pit at the second level is about 175 yds.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 9:21:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
And if you really want to be cheap, the back wall of Brown's Camp gravel pit at the second level is about 175 yds.

Driving to Browns Camp is Cheap???  

Where are you getting your gas???

Link Posted: 8/22/2006 9:32:19 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/X/R/gasprices.jpg

I think the fact that my engine is half the size of yours may have something to do with it.

SO your sign would be modified to say "Hand, Foot, Placenta".

Did I mention that I also get a vehicle allowance for my job too?
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 9:45:07 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think the fact that my engine is half the size of yours may have something to do with it.

8 liter, 488ci, V10, arr arr arr

There is MORE to life than MPG!

"vehicle allowance " Explain how you got .223 holes in the fender of your WORK CAR?
Driving through North Portland???

Pat
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 9:49:21 AM EDT
[#7]
the elks range I shoot at go's out to 600 yards, I'm going this thursday the 24th
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 10:59:39 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

8 liter, 488ci, V10, arr arr arr

There is MORE to life than MPG!

"vehicle allowance " Explain how you got .223 holes in the fender of your WORK CAR?
Driving through North Portland???

Pat

Oh, I think my co-workers and boss would know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top