Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2013 10:30:38 AM EDT
Anybody have a recommendation for good/cheap tile guy?  I need new tile floors and backsplash in my kitchen.  If the price is right, I'd consider having him put in tile in 2 bathrooms also.

By the way, this is for the DFW area.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 1:11:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm inbound
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:48:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Another im inbound.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:33:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I could use the info as well. Looking to do the same thing
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 5:48:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's a tag. Need one for a bathroom/tub wall
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 5:49:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I could use the info as well. Looking to do the same thing

Im sent
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 5:53:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Here's a tag. Need one for a bathroom/tub wall

Im sent to you also

Anyone else while I'm at it
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 5:58:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Send me one but I'm not paying for a plane ticket from jersey. ;)
Indeed a bath tub surround re-tiled
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 5:58:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Entryway, approx 15X4 I have the tile, cement, and grout. Old tile needs to be removed, new tile installed. Round Rock
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 6:31:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I ended up doing my own tile last year when I needed to do my hallway.  We got a quote for like $1700 and I did the whole thing for less than $500 myself in one 3-day weekend.  That included renting the tile saw for a whole week in case I hit some snags.  

I ran all the middle tiles and stuck them one day,  then the next I walked on them and cut all the pieces.   Got em all cut and layed out then stuck them down.   Grout was easy.

I would say there are some mistakes if you look real close but in the big picture I did it myself and did a helluva job doing it considering I don't have a clue WTF is going on.  

I pulled up Laminate flooring because our A/C unit flooded the hallway while we were gone south on vacation.  So no need to level as the flooring company had already done it.  

Basically its not that hard and buying/renting the right tools made a helluva difference
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 6:55:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Send me one but I'm not paying for a plane ticket from jersey. ;)
Indeed a bath tub surround re-tiled

Only first class
Im in the dfw area, Im sent
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 7:21:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Entryway, approx 15X4 I have the tile, cement, and grout. Old tile needs to be removed, new tile installed. Round Rock

I would need a bit more info in order to give you an idea.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top